Plugin Overseer

When do u expect to have this "finalized"?, and I would gladly pay for it

When do u expect to have this "finalized"?, and I would gladly pay for it

It is pretty much 'finished' now. I'll probably continue to add features and tweak things because that's what I like to do.

I've been slacking off on the paid part of it because the coding is more fun.

Last edited:
Not looked into the coding side of mq2, so don't even know what language it is.

Plugins are written in C. The code base is slowly transitioning toward C++. There is very little documentation about how to build a plugin and most of it is learned by "study the source".

I enjoying building something where there was nothing. The overseer really captured by attention because its something you want to do several times a day and its painfully slow to optimize by hand.

Making it a plugin with a user interface to make things 'user friendly' was a nice stretch to the kind of plugin/code I had been experimenting with so I got to play with some different ideas and see how they flowed.

The result is a pretty slick answer to the problem ( IMHO ) :cool:

Reactions: EQDAB
Not looked into the coding side of mq2, so don't even know what language it is.

Plugins are written in C. The code base is slowly transitioning toward C++. There is very little documentation about how to build a plugin and most of it is learned by "study the source".

I enjoying building something where there was nothing. The overseer really captured by attention because its something you want to do several times a day and its painfully slow to optimize by hand.

Making it a plugin with a user interface to make things 'user friendly' was a nice stretch to the kind of plugin/code I had been experimenting with so I got to play with some different ideas and see how they flowed.

The result is a pretty slick answer to the problem ( IMHO ) :cool:

Love it, not played in C for years. Will have to pose another pet project afterwards.

It is pretty much 'finished' now. I'll probably continue to add features and tweak things because that's what I like to do.

I've been slacking off on the paid part of it because the coding is more fun.

Or you could just solicit PayPal contributions.

Hi,
Im experiencing a strange thing.
On one of my account (6 total), the Auto Accept button isnt working. I have checked everything, didnt find any clue...
Is there something obvious that i have missed ?
Thanks.
Arph

I have to say, this is amazing, awesome, fascinating and clever! Always, the coder is a better player than I. Just having the overseer program run the Eval function and choosing better set ups for me has boosted my typical probability from 76% to the 90s! I feel as if I am learning from a Master at my own rate.

I would pay $50 for this.

Sometimes, it stops for a reason I can't discern (probably to wait for a task to refresh?) And when you type /overseer restart, there's a typo. It says it's "restaring."

Super job, Dewey!

Was this added to the normal mmobugs compile, or are you still distributing it some other way? I saw you hung a version here a while back. Thanks!

Sent a new version to Fry this morning ( two actually but that's a different story )

07/20/2020 - v1.15 - Add agent command / page
08/16/2020 - v1.16 - Really Fixed CTD due to large parties

Thanks Fizen for finding the crashes and providing good debugging information.

-----------------------------------------------

/overseer agent

This will reconfigure the MQ2Overseer window to show your top level agent information. Very useful to see how many unique agents you have vs how many there are. ( Hopefully I have the right totals )

I missed some of the posts here due to the board changes. I'll try to get the issues above resolved in the next couple days.

seems to work really well only thing is i run it on 6 accounts one of the 6 same one every time will not auto select the tasks to do. so i click on them one at a time it gives me the %'s and i select the ones i want it to do then it goes through. It will evaluate and claim rewards but wont start the tasks for some reason. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now i just havent had the time to post about it

seems to work really well only thing is i run it on 6 accounts one of the 6 same one every time will not auto select the tasks to do. so i click on them one at a time it gives me the %'s and i select the ones i want it to do then it goes through. It will evaluate and claim rewards but wont start the tasks for some reason. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now i just havent had the time to post about it

I use it on 6-12 accounts depending on the day and I have yet to see this behavior so I'm going to offer some suggestions and cross my fingers.

#1 While no characters in game. Rename or delete your MQ2Overseer.ini
#2 Load into EQ and MQ2Overseer will force a complete reload / rescan of everything.
#3 Report back here if this fixed it.

Sent a new version to Fry this morning ( two actually but that's a different story )

07/20/2020 - v1.15 - Add agent command / page
08/16/2020 - v1.16 - Really Fixed CTD due to large parties

Thanks Fizen for finding the crashes and providing good debugging information.

-----------------------------------------------

/overseer agent

This will reconfigure the MQ2Overseer window to show your top level agent information. Very useful to see how many unique agents you have vs how many there are. ( Hopefully I have the right totals )

I missed some of the posts here due to the board changes. I'll try to get the issues above resolved in the next couple days.

It's true. Even though I run 8 accounts with ISBoxer, it stopped crashing today. Except I have one account that resists starting. Thanks.

cant say I've have any issues with it starting either