no exp

Izzyi2d

Reaction score
i box 2 heroic toon on one computer and a normal toon on a seperate... whenever im grouping and out of the group the exp flips between the 2 characters... example... one kill the sk will get the exp and not the mage... the next kill it flips.... recently it has been just doing they both get exp .30 then then next kill they get nothing... i have un grouped the mage and the sk will still flip with getting exp every other kill... the cleric non heroic non boxed toon on another computer gets exp for every kill... no aa on nothing... really lost here

Its just how the numbers round up or down. It is normal. When playing some toons outside the group, the group which does the most damage will get the xp it will not be shared. In this case I would put the DPS classes with the one you want the xp on and put a cleric outside the group. If you are only playing the two accounts you will make the same xp with them grouped as you will solo so may as well join them up and make life easy. Hope this helps.

Every time you kill something you should see an exp message like "You gain group experience".

When the server sends the client to update your exp bar the number it sends is broken up into units of 0.003 of a level. If it takes 1000 xp to gain a level then your client would show a change every 3 xp.

Bottom line: If you see the exp message on both characters they are getting exp even if the client doesn't show it until you kill a couple.

When I talked with you last night, you mentioned both level 85 heroic toons were in same group not outside the group, and you mentioned you were only seeing exp message on one toon then the next mob on the other toon. I thought that was what was occurring? If so, that is the oddest behavior and I still don't know what would cause that.

whats happening

all 3 characters are in the same group.. a cleric a sk and a mage... every kill the cleric shows the yellow exp message and all the plugin shows how much exp i get.. on the sk and the mage they both show the yellow exp message but the plugin shows either the mage or sk will get exp not the other...so i kill something all 3 show yellow exp message... cleric will show on plugin exp and with the mage or sk will show on plugin not both. it flip flops every kill... so i tried to take the mage out of the group because im focusing on the sk.. i even waited till 60% to engage the mage... still got yellow exp message but every other kill get exp showing from plugin.... werid

Are any of them in a fellowship ? Perhaps sharing exp ?

What level are all the characters? 85, 85, 105 ?

no fellowship... no sharing of anything... no AA's on... 75 cleric 85 sk 85 mage

The only other think I can think of is you are killing mobs that are grey to the 85's ?

most are even lvl to me some dark blue... im in HoT...

It's normal for any plugin reporting your XP/AAXP to not show the values every single time, for every toon. Your client is given (from the server) what your XP is, from 0 to 99%, with 330 'tick's. That's basically right at .303% per tick. So when the server tells you to move a tick (your toon data shows it from server), then it's changed - and any xp plugin will see that changed, and let you know you got 0.03% XP.

It's just like dewey described.

The reason it shows yellow you gained XP on all, is because you did. However, each kill is not enough to increment the character's xp data a 'tick' (1/330), and each character's specific place within that level (again, basically 1/330) isn't going to be exactly the same, so they'll not each increment all at the same time. If you are roughly getting a 'tick' every 2 or 3 kills, then you'll see that tick increment on some on kill X, and others on kill Y, and maybe even others on kill Z.

Hopefully that makes sense. Again, the plugin(s) only report when they see those ticks change (1/330) in your character data, because the exact XP you get for killing a mob does not get sent to your client. If it DID get sent, we would show that instead of just having the client use it's built in message (where it says you got xp from server).

If server said you got XP, you did.

I ain't even gonna read back through my message lol... I probably sounded mixed to you!

Anyway. Same as what dewey said few messages back, just more info. Normal.

htw

yea basically its just not enough xp a kill to register on the plugin side every kill when it registers enough it shows... if thats not right you gave an explanation on why its normal...sooo thanks =)