new pc?

tgreicar

Reaction score
i been looking into getting a new pc or getting new parts for mine maybe..i can box 4 and get lag every now and then but i would like to be able 6 with no lag..i have looked on newegg.com but all the pc's already made have bad reviews. i am not to smart with computers so looking for some help ! thx

I had good luck with Digital Storm. You got the cash they can build what ever you want and you pick the components. I 5 box tad of lag but not bad at all. Probaly be better off with dual cards 6 boxing.

Mall~

$

I am wanting to keep a all new tower under 700$ how much did urs cost?

oh, couple more things.... Don't get the hottest CPU. Get a good one but don't go over board. Spend the cash in a good set of cards, CPU, hard drive and memory in that order. my bottle neck is I didn't get a solid state HD.

Also I wouldn't spend the big cash for water cooled they have a habit of leaking and need tio be maintainced about every 12 months.

Mall~

alot more then you did... $2500 but I didn't build it myself. You can't buy a set of cards like I have for $700

Over $700 for graphics cards just to play EQ? Thats...beyond overkill. I'm running an EVGA 560 ti in my main machine, and I can box 11 toons before lag starts in. $250 graphics card, and only running a single one.

Building a computer is not hard at all, just take your time and follow the directions. The most important thing for boxing in EQ is having a lot of memory i would recommend 16gb if you plan on going over 6. A SSD is nice for cutting down zoning times. Also get a 6 core AMD CPU if you can, with a 460ti and a decent case,psu and mb you can prob get all that for around $800-$1k if you build it yourself. You will be able to easily 12box.

i been looking into getting a new pc or getting new parts for mine maybe..i can box 4 and get lag every now and then but i would like to be able 6 with no lag..i have looked on newegg.com but all the pc's already made have bad reviews. i am not to smart with computers so looking for some help ! thx

I would recommend getting a new PC and keeping your old one. Load balance the work by boxing 2 on your old one and 4 on your new one, or 3 on each.

I found that I could box much better using 2 PCs instead of 1, even though my 1 could handle 6. You also don't need a powerful computer to box 3 or 4 that you could be fine purchasing for 700ish.

Also consider turning down some settings on EQ to allow your PC to box multiple character easier.

Check out these sites to built the PC you want. I also don't recommend buy pre-built PCs from sites like newegg.com or tigerdirect.com:

http://www.ibuypower.com/

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

man building your own computer now is insanely easy everything is plug and play just start with your processor and motherboard you want and build from there pretty much also amd > intel just for cost alone /starts amd vs intel fight

I just built a rig for a friend who was in a hurry for $800 (without peripherals). So without shopping around can easily build a computer that can 12box with ease.

Specs:
Had the fastest AMD 6x, 6870, 16g ram, 1TB 7200 HD, decent mobo with AM3+, random case/psu.

just personal preference but

Refurbished = used shit that broke sent back and probably break again soon

Stay away from them.... This just me personally. The one exception for me is unless you are saving over 40% of the original cost its not worth it.

If you want message me, with how much ur wantting to spend and what you prefer amd or Pentium , Nvidia or ATI and i can put the parts togather for you and u can just order them off newegg nad put it together

or just send me money. I won't do shit but spend it on myself. You might get a thank you card.