1 penny weighs 2.5 Grams

1Million pennies weighs 5500 LBS

USPS max weight is 70 lbs
Fed EX max weight is 2200lbs

SO ... 3 Fed ex boxes at 1834lbs each

From 80915 to 33313 = $20373.90

:cool:

<--- BORED at work!!!

I noticed someone mentioned Solidstate HDD's, I would not recommend them for boxing at all, these drives are not build for multi tasking they are sheer speed on 1 task at a time.

BTW used USPS for the pennies = if it fits it ships
could probably get 100lbs worth in a 5$ box just use lots of tape haha

I noticed someone mentioned Solidstate HDD's, I would not recommend them for boxing at all, these drives are not build for multi tasking they are sheer speed on 1 task at a time.

Wait, what? Where did you hear this?

pretty weird how some post go from computers to shipping pennys

Vindicator - I have to ask what your basing this claim on. Everything I've read about solid state drives gives them every advantage in speed unless you buy one of the cheapest crippled versions they are ..

Access time is ~ 100x faster.
Through put is ~ 1-2x faster depending on which type.

There are some cool videos where they automate loading 50 applications and the solid state drive is done in under half the time.

With all that said. For running multiple EQ accounts, drive speed may not be the bottle neck.

Last edited:
Looked at the original post and he's looking to spend $700 for the system.

I'd try to get 8 gig ram and quad/hex core cpu and put the rest into video card.

Processors are extremely unimportant to eq. I have a decent quad core and I think one time I saw the usage go above 15%

Ram is most important, video card is second. I'd say get 12 gigs of ram minimum(the shit is cheap anyways.)

Processors are extremely unimportant to eq. I have a decent quad core and I think one time I saw the usage go above 15%

Ram is most important, video card is second. I'd say get 12 gigs of ram minimum(the shit is cheap anyways.)

Depends on what settings you have turned on, and how many you are boxing. Graphical and RAM are huge factors but the Processor follows not far behind.

For boxing my priority is ram > cpu core > video.

Ram is cheap and each instance is going to use 500-900 mb. Get as much as your motherboard can handle for as little as you can.

CPU cores. Each instance will run best if its on its own core. When you start getting two or three instances on a single core performance is going to drop.

Video. Need to make sure its fast enough and has enough texture memory to handle all the instances.

You have a lot of flexibility which will determine how hard your components are being hit.

Use tools like MQ2FPS and/or the in game FPS settings to lower background instances rendering rate. This will make huge differences in how hard you hit the CPU/video card but also can impact how fast your background guys respond to events. I once set MQ2FPS to only render background at 5 FPS then realized that /stick was flaking out because they were not getting enough time to keep up.

Last edited: