Need feedback on 3 box class combo.

Reaction score
Just recently got a blazing fast pure gaming PC. Before this I was using a pos comp that was a decade old and could barely play EQ.

So needless to say I simply couldn't box toons. Now with this gaming pc, I can easily 3 box. And this is what I plan to do.

However I need feedback on class combos based on what I have/suggestions what to get as my free 85 heroic on each account.

Have:
Act1: 100 high raid geared ubermage (he is my big gun). 80 shammy. 83 rogue.

Act2: 92 bard. 89 chanter. 88 druid. 89 sk. 87 cleric.

Act3: nada yet. (Baby toons I played on another server I left years ago)

All accounts created back in early 2004 and have between 5 to 11 years veteran status. All toons have J5 mercs (1 of each type), all rk2 spells up to current level and best non raid gear usable at level. (Mage full rof t3 raid geared/10.4k aa)

Thinking mage+bard (to slow mobs,haste pet,add damage to pet melee and casts)+make a heroic necro on third account. With mage's 100 healer merc, and 2 wizzy mercs.

Appreciate any good class combo suggestions. I am toying with idea of either heroic necro on 3rd account or maybe maybe heroic beastlord. Gotta avoid melee class since mage pet will be tanking.

Really would appreciate heroic suggestions for each account as well to mix it up and maybe have a 2nd 3 box combo. (Shammy+sk+necro with healer/wizzy/rogue mercs)

Last edited:
wizard on 3rd acct hands down

personally, id do necro and bard as #2 and #3. Or a tank as #3. probably pal. you are looking at 2 dps merc and a healer either way. those 2 pet tanks are more than enough for named. bard can play CC, though you might actually be better off with enc over bard if you were to pet tank.

best bet is usually tank + cc + healer, but you are committed to mag. so i would make the most of the pet tankage.

id go mage, druid, necro

2 pet tanks
ports
a puller
a real healer for oh shit moments
and the druid has spells or an aura w/e it is(don't play a druid) that benefits caster damage

Bard, Mage, and Druid.

These three classes compliment each other very well, give you port utility, and a good buff line with the druid (although the druid DS is irrelevant now).

If your PC is uber enough, don't limit yourself to 3. I always like a wizard/druid for ports and teleport bind as im to lazy to run toons around.

nec, mage, shaman

necro= puller and DOt factory
mage= pet tank and DD DPS
shaman= slows, back up heals, dots, and a plethra of other things

Transfer the Chanter and Druid to account 3.
Start a Monk/BL on account three.
That would give you three 3-box sets.
Mage, Bard, Druid + 3 DPS merc
Shaman, SK, Monk/BL +3 DPS merc
Rogue, Cleric, Enchanter + 1Tank, 2DPS merc

3 sets, all with a little bit different playstyles.

If your PC is uber enough, don't limit yourself to 3. I always like a wizard/druid for ports and teleport bind as im to lazy to run toons around.

I can 6 box if I want to, however I can only afford to maintain 3 paid gold accounts.

nec, mage, shaman

necro= puller and DOt factory
mage= pet tank and DD DPS
shaman= slows, back up heals, dots, and a plethra of other things

Can't do that combo. Mage and shammy on act1. That's why I listed what each account holds.

Bard, Mage, and Druid.

These three classes compliment each other very well, give you port utility, and a good buff line with the druid (although the druid DS is irrelevant now).

Again. I put what each account has. Dru and brd on act2.

You can do any combo. You just have to divest yourself of premade toons and make whatever you want! Just because a druid is on account 2 doesnt mean you cant make a new one on account 3. Leveling is easy these days.

Toon 1:
Figure out if you want to use a tank at all.
If yes:
pick a tank
If no:
Figure out if you want to use a merc tank.
If yes:
Move to next character
If no:
Pet tank

Toon 2:
Do you want CC?
If yes:
What type?
If mez capable and range, ENC
If mez capable and melee, BRD
If root park or ghetto mez, NEC, SHM, RNG
If no:
Pick toon that compliments 1 and will survive with #3.

Toon 3:
Do you want healing?
If yes:
Do you want caster healing w/ damage boost but no HoT? Pick DRU
Do you want tons of healing with no mana concerns w/ melee boost? Pick SHM
Do you want just tons of healing + combat rez? Pick CLR
If no:
use merc, pick toon that compliments 1 & 2. If you didnt pick a toon 1 or 2 or 3, time to choose any remaining slots!

Last edited: