Multi Core CPU = crashing

Ugak

Lifetimer
Reaction score
After a huge upgrade to my PC recently I have developed a nasty problem of crashing on raids with anything from 1-6 toons at a time. Before I had a quad core and 16gb ram and very rarely crashed even when logging in 12 accounts. Now im running a hex core and 32gb and I cant seem to make it through a raid with all toons online. Has anyone else had any similar problems and a possible fix ? Another friend has just built a 8core rig and is having the same problem as me.

any help would be amazing

What kind of video card do you use ?

A few things could be causing this do you use a modified hud ? When you're in a raid with all them toons loaded try and look at how much memory each instance is using.

Running an ASUS GTX 970, tried current, beta and older drivers for it.

Running on an ASUS X99-PRO

Intel i7 5820k

4x8GB DDR4 quad channel Corsair Vengeance

Last time i had the ram % on HUD it was running in low numbers, Took HUD off while trying to narrow down crashing problem

Last edited:
I know htw don't like this lol but can you try setting your fsb to 200 and see what happens.

Its happening when you're loading multiple instances one thing you're doing during this is using tons of ram. Run memtest.

I don't think its the video card.

I've had zero issues with my system thats almost identical to this one with a Intel 5930, GTX 970 and 32 gigs of ram. Think william may be onto something if it is only when boxing.

Thanks for all the ideas guys, running some mem tests today after my coffee :)

Mem tests went through with no problems.

Grabbed winEQlite to see if the cpu balancer on that might help ....all toons crashed on log in, so I guess not ><

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas guys, running some mem tests today after my coffee :)

Mem tests went through with no problems.

Grabbed winEQlite to see if the cpu balancer on that might help ....all toons crashed on log in, so I guess not ><

Try to using just half the ram sticks, so you only running 16gigs like before. If it works with just 16, swap them out and try the other 16. After if you don't find any difference I would re run the mem test over night using just 1 maybe 2 sticks (4/8 gig) and let it run for 18-24 hours.

Good plan Jim, tnks will do that this week :)

Ugak:

Q1. When you upgraded did you reuse your EQ folder between machines?

Q2. Are you having any problems with ANY other programs or the OS?

Q3. Are you overclocking?

It sounds like you may have a configuration problem in EQ.

Make a back up of your EQ folder and then remove all the ini files. Force EQ to re-detect your hardware. Reset your models and textures.

Once in game go to Options -> Display -> Advanced Options -> Memory mode = Most memory usage.

-------------------------------

If you are having ram issues I'd expect to see random OS lock up and problems with other programs. Same thing if you are overclocking.