MQ2Nav & MQ2Moveutils

wwarwolf911

Reaction score
Do we have something similar to RedGuides that will auto run you to a zone when picked in the map zone guide?

I recall a few days ago somebody asked about that and Fry said it was in the works but so far no. Mq2easyfind I think where it runs you to places without manually having to use nav targett or whatever

Reactions: EQDAB
MQ2PiggyZone is the only plugin that will auto-zone you at this stage.

We've been working on zone connections this week for it. There is still a little more work to do on latest expansions.

On the other hand you should be able to just copy their MQ2EasyFind.dll over and use it. At this point there isn't an "Easy" solution that we can "Find" to offer it to our members at the moment but as nytemyst72 said, something is in the works.

Isn't MQ2PiggyZone an active hack? Does it use Warp?

I notice you can /gate or /succor...

Would just love a manual zone guide like the in-game one, but takes into account the guild portal or Druid/wizard ports. So when you choose the destination it says “port to common lands, then head south to....” the in game one takes you miles out of the way sometimes.
Wanted to go to shards landing, it planned out a 6 zone run for me.....didn’t even mention the guild portal which takes you right there....

Isn't MQ2PiggyZone an active hack? Does it use Warp?

I notice you can /gate or /succor...

Yes it's an active hack, though I have not heard of anyone getting nailed for it.

It does warp to teleport npcs in zones, but it's disabled by default.

If warp is disabled, will it /nav target to the NPC instead, or can it be added?

If warp is disabled, will it /nav target to the NPC instead, or can it be added?

That's not a bad idea. It doesn't do that at the moment. The plugin is way older than MQ2Nav.

Would love to know how it plans the route using the .dot zone connection file.

Spent hours looking up ways of achieving this - maybe using Excel/Vba, one way of using Excel Solver addon, but this would only allow you to use 1-200 variables for the connections, EQ has around 999.....so that didn't work. Graphviz is a pretty good way of viewing the connections but doesn't let you plan a route as it's just a viewing program.

Any ideas on where to get started?

Wolfy, if you are serious about trying to write something like this, come to Discord. We should be able to help point you in the right direction.

I'm starting to think reading the ingame guide isn't the way to go. I think using an ini like MQ2PiggyZone.ini to read connections is. That way we can setup cases for using NPC teleporters, and guild lobby teleports.

.dot isn't used for finding a solution, its used for visualizing the zone graph with graphviz.

the .ini is used to solve for routes. Look up A* or Dijkstra's algorithm

.dot isn't used for finding a solution, its used for visualizing the zone graph with graphviz.

the .ini is used to solve for routes. Look up A* or Dijkstra's algorithm

One of the experts in an Microsoft Access forum helped create a database version of the DiJkstra's algorithm. Trying to get my head around that code is giving me a headache!!!

Wolfy, if you are serious about trying to write something like this, come to Discord. We should be able to help point you in the right direction.

I'm starting to think reading the ingame guide isn't the way to go. I think using an ini like MQ2PiggyZone.ini to read connections is. That way we can setup cases for using NPC teleporters, and guild lobby teleports.

Use guild hall placed clickies and inventory clickies. Can also have it suggest shorter paths via class port spells?