MQ2Melee: Provoke0 not saving

hytiek

Reaction score
Hey dev guys!

While in game, I set provoke0 to 0 (/melee provoke0=0 save) and it never saves in the server_Toon.ini file. Everytime that I load back in, the setting is back (it's the ID# of Jeer Rk. II).

Thought you guys might want to know... if I'm doing something wrong, let ME know!

Thanks for everything as always.

i havent had any problems with it. Saved fine for my pally and warrior.

If you are trying to stop provoking altogether:

Current pal settings:
provoke0=3826
provoke1=14985
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1

go to your server_charname.ini and set it to:
provoke0=0
provoke1=0
provokeend=100
provokemax=0
provokeonce=0

then manually save the file and reload mq2melee plugin. that should disable it entirely.

Thanks Pete, I ended up zeroing out provoke*... worked like a charm. I think the problem was the provokeonce,max,end being set, then setting provoke0=0 (described in wiki as 0=off)... In chat with JimJohnson, he mentioned that the code looks for invalid numbers and sets it back to preset.

I was looking for clarity and its just gone sour on me.... :( without source code, one has to ask

There is a source for MQ2Melee posted on the MQ2 boards. Not sure if its the same as the one htw et al has modified but I am sure they are roughly the same.

There is a source for MQ2Melee posted on the MQ2 boards. Not sure if its the same as the one htw et al has modified but I am sure they are roughly the same.

They are close, htw has shared that much with me. The other changes? No idea... that's why I was asking for it to be looked at.

Turning off aggromode turns on the auto feign settings while also turning off the provoke settings.

/melee aggro=0 .

If your an Feign class and tanking or offtanking at times id also change that auto fd to 0 so u dont fd and kill the healer if they let u get low health.

Can google most of the wiki for many plugins nowadays.

but its /melee feigndeath=0

turning off aggromode turns on the auto feign settings while also turning off the provoke settings