MQ2 MMOBugs - Base Plugins Free To Use

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
We're currently playing around with the idea of allowing people to use base MQ2 plugins without requiring a paid subscription. You can now load MQ2 for live, and be able to use basic MQ2 functionality such as MQ2Map and other plugins that come with MQ2 without having to have a paid subscription to MMOBugs. MQ2Melee and all other custom plugins will require a paid subscription to use, along with being able to post on forums for tech support.

MQ2 for EQMac has also been changed to free to use to help those on the EQMac emu server.

I can not promise these changes will stay forever, the idea is currently just being trialed.

Crack candy, give a taste and hook them for life

Any suggestions on how we advertise or bring in customers without nailing ourselves to a cross?

with a free test of non active plugins I cant think of a better time.

Any maybe it would also be cool to offer something for recruiting... x amount of something per customer you bring that subs... just a thought

with a free test of non active plugins I cant think of a better time.

Any maybe it would also be cool to offer something for recruiting... x amount of something per customer you bring that subs... just a thought

Check out Earnings for URL to invite people with. Quite a few people have been using it, most notably Zippzipp has had quite a few payouts with it due to all subscriptions ever purchased from that account go towards your commission.

Will be interesting to see how it goes. I know a couple people who use the compile here only for the basic stuff, most notably the map. I have no doubt those people will stop paying now.

Frankly, I'm having issues seeing the advantages to doing this, but I hope it works out well.

From my perspective its great. It further enhances a bond between MQ2.com and MMOBugs.com. Allowing some people who really do just use Map from having to compile it. At the same time it allows the ones who use more to actually try out the base. Maybe bringing in a few more already mqers.

As for losing some people, probably will. But why should they pay if all they really do use is the MQ2Core.

Will eqmac ever be updated further? I have had a question in for a week now and a second question asked. Neither answered.

What about the users who are paying for their subscription and only using EQMac version like myself?

MQ2 for EQMac needs a ton of work, for a very limited user base. I think we have three active users using it, hence why one of the reason it's marked as free to use.

There is plans to work on it. It's just not high priority.