MMOBugs Subscription Changes

I think you're likely going to have to jump to different games. As much as I love messing around coding for EQ + MQ the general population is not growing and at some point your going to have to bring in new folks which to me means branching out into different games.

This about sums up what is happening, now that the f2p craze is over eq population is starting to dwindle again. Not many new people coming into the game and existing players looking at other games, shrinks the pool of subs here. It might pick up again when SOE decides to add VoA expansion to f2p.

I am surprised they do not do VoA with SC but only do it per month/toon

1 Month option re-added.

I was going to make 1 month option reoccurring but felt too evil doing it.

I don't think it be "ebil" at all. It's like buying a six-pack of beer when you know a 12-pack or a case is so much cheaper by the unit. Some people just don't want to make the extra financial commitment.

"Ebil" are those street dealers that sell single cigarettes to kids, winos and poh people at like the equivalent of a quarter of a pack!

I'm currently on a one month sub at the old prices. I don't intend to let this expire but under the subscriptions the only things listed are the new higher prices. Did I misunderstand because I thought current premium members could continue at old prices.

No, premium prices have changed, if your subscription expires you'll need to purchase it at new rate.

Premium membership in future will disappear as option though, soon as we hammer down how to handle a normal safe hacks, vs active hack subscriptions.

What about the idea of charging all member when a patch happens since this requires adjusting coding and recompiles. Not talking maybe 3-5 bucks a patch and if over say 2-3 patchs a month stop till next month?

What about the idea of charging all member when a patch happens since this requires adjusting coding and recompiles. Not talking maybe 3-5 bucks a patch and if over say 2-3 patchs a month stop till next month?

Really? ......I think they should charge you everytime you post a question.

Really? ......I think they should charge you everytime you post a question.

Just an idea that's where they put most of their time each month. They have to pay the Devs , not sure how they pay them by amount of code submission or by project here.

Last edited:
Raising the cost of the subscription here for a game that has almost zero new players therefor almost 0 new MQ2 users is not wise. Its like democrats wanting to raise taxes during a recession. I just don't see how you can expect to get new people in with a price tag of 13$ a month for a 13 year old game especially when stuff like warp and zone are a no no.

To me you have to expand your games. Planetside 2 ? Eq 2 ? Rift ? Get in on something early for EQ Next whenever it hits beta. Stay away from blizzard at all cost.

Last edited:
Raising the cost of the subscription here for a game that has almost zero new players therefor almost 0 new MQ2 users is not wise. Its like democrats wanting to raise taxes during a recession. I just don't see how you can expect to get new people in with a price tag of 13$ a month for a 13 year old game especially when stuff like warp and zone are a no no.

To me you have to expand your games. Planetside 2 ? Eq 2 ? Rift ? Get in on something early for EQ Next whenever it hits beta. Stay away from blizzard at all cost.

Raising sub prices makes sense to me.... it's simple math. The less people there are, the less money they make, which makes it harder to upkeep the site, the hacks, pay the people for their work, R&D etc etc.

Raise the subs a few bucks to help keep the site alive. It's not about paying for hacks. It's about access to the community. All the wonderful people that make MMOBugs what it is today. The Forums here are worth 10x more than any other EQ forums out there.

It also gives you access to cheap services as well. And Plat. Have you ever compared prices from the marketplace here to other websites? Such as Fagsellerpros, PA, etc etc?

My 2cp.

that's what the subscription fee is for imo

Raising sub prices makes sense to me.... it's simple math. The less people there are, the less money they make, which makes it harder to upkeep the site, the hacks, pay the people for their work, R&D etc etc.

Raise the subs a few bucks to help keep the site alive. It's not about paying for hacks. It's about access to the community. All the wonderful people that make MMOBugs what it is today. The Forums here are worth 10x more than any other EQ forums out there.

It also gives you access to cheap services as well. And Plat. Have you ever compared prices from the marketplace here to other websites? Such as Fagsellerpros, PA, etc etc?

My 2cp.

How much of the forums are out dated ? How many macros haven't been updated in a year ? This community is awesome, but it isn't as active as it once was and the services you speak of I would hardly call them cheap.

The only way for this site to start growing again and bringing in revenue is to have competitive prices and expand your customer base (go into other games).

This site is like blockbuster ignoring the signs of the future until its too late.

Now there are plenty of other models you can use to increase revenue or attempt to. You could go with the sessions model the buddybots use for WoW and D3. Like.

7.99$ a month of MQ2 on 1 EQ Window and 2.00$ more per eq window
or 120$ a year unlimited.

This would keep the price low for people who don't bot or use MQ2 on 15 toons, but also increase your revenue because we all know majority of us are playing 5-6 toons at a time maybe more. This puts the people who're using this site the most in position to pay for the site the most.