Memory Editing

Kelsar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
OK, I've just started to learn how to change things in the memory within EQEMU. I've been successful in a few of the things posted here.

I'm trying to figure out how to find the delay of a combat ability, specifically KICK, MEND, Ranged Attack. Can anyone provide some insight to filtering down the specific applicable address this information resides in?

Am I looking for what has changed? What has not changed? A fixed value? An integer? An Unknown value?

I initially thought it would be an unknown value. I'd hit the kick button then search for what has changed. When it was finished I'd search for what has changed again. I'd leave it alone and search against what has not changed. Then repeat that process. Eventually I got it down to something that was 0.000, I changed it and nothing happened, any ideas?

In response it would be incredibally difficult to discover the exact timing of your move BUT it is theoritcally SIMPLE to an expert hacker such as myself as you well know every action is sent in packets back and forth , thus get a packet editor "WPE PRO" and monitor the packet that sends kick, capture the packet, send it a lot and while changing the offset that grays out the button or says "that ability cannot be used yet" these offsets are found in a certain file eqstrings or eqspells or some text file theoritically you would need to both block the offset that says the ability cannot be used and send the packet as much as possible this is IF the ability is not monitored and changed serverside. Now a good thing would be to remove Effects such as SNARE/ROOT offset or make the time limit for buffs by the following process

1.Log on to SoD/Eqemu Cast a buff "regeneration"
2.Search for unknown value
3.search has not changed repeatedly until the buff wares.
4.search for has changed until a few addresses remain
5.freeze the remaining offsets one at a time on and off until you get the right one
6.if done right and the buff IS Not serverside you will be able to have an unlimited buff duration thus once the timer hits 0 it will still show.
This is a purely theoricall hack and is based on a World of Warcraft Buff hack.