${Me.Combat} questions

unknownerrors

Reaction score
Website
unknownerrors.net
So i was looking into the mq2 manual for something that could help me detect when i catch argo and it would seem that
Code:
/if (${Me.Combat}==TRUE) {
/call combat
}
should get the job done, but i'm wondering about targeting issues.. like say i'm in combat but i'm targeting my pet, or another group member.. i could just do
Code:
/target nearest npc

but that doesnt mean it will target the npc that has me flagged as in combat. so my question is how can i target only the npc(s) that are targeting me, or attacking me??

thanks gents!

Me.Combat doesn't work for casters. You'll need to use Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]

As for targeting, all of the mobs that are on your hate list or on your groups hate list will be an XTarget so target them via XTarget[x] where x is the xtarget slot number.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk.

thats awesome thanks!

i was thinking that if Me.combat returned true i would just clear my target weather it be the correct target or not then wait for whatever is attacking me to do a combat round then it should be auto targeted.. but that seemed sloppy

idk anything about this xtarget deal but i'll look it up in the manual and get all the info i need on it.. again thank a bunch bud.

${Me.Combat} does not report if you are in combat with a mob or not. That simply reports whether your auto attack is on or not.

The XTarget list does work as reliable method of determining if there are mobs aggro on you, but only if you are checking XTargets that are set to Auto Hater. If you have an XTarget set to non Auto Hater like say Main Assist Target, then anything they target will show up there whether it is aggro or not. Also XTarget list will report if anyone in your group is aggro on something even if it's accross the zone.

${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} will tell you if something is aggro on you or not as well, but does not tell you what is aggro on you.

${Me.Combat} does not report if you are in combat with a mob or not. That simply reports whether your auto attack is on or not.

so then
Code:
/declare argotimer Timer local 30s
 /if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) {
/target clear 
:waitforargo
/if (!${argotimer}) /return
/delay 3s
/if (!${Target.ID}) /goto :waitforargo
/call combat
}

should work to get me in combat with whatever hits me first. its not very technical but it should work no?