mageBot v3.10 - Fully automated mage - Updated: 08/08/2009

The message i Am receiving the message sub routine main was not found the current macro has ended so i unistalled mq completly cleared the macro folder to make sure there was no excess folders in the macro folder and tryed to start the macro still giving me the same error

What exactly are you typing to run the bot? My guess is, it's not /macro mageBot and you are actually trying to run something else that does not have a main sub routine in it. If you are doing /macro mageBot then I honestly have no idea why mq2 would not be able to find the main sub routine in it. Unless the download got corrupted somehow, you might try redownloading it. And don't try editing the mageBot.mac file or anything like that, only edit the mageBotSettings.ini to suit your spells.

Last edited:
The message i Am receiving the message sub routine main was not found the current macro has ended so i unistalled mq completly cleared the macro folder to make sure there was no excess folders in the macro folder and tryed to start the macro still giving me the same error

What exactly are you typing to run the bot? My guess is, it's not /macro mageBot and you are actually trying to run something else that does not have a main sub routine in it. If you are doing /macro mageBot then I honestly have no idea why mq2 would not be able to find the main sub routine in it. Unless the download got corrupted somehow, you might try redownloading it. And don't try editing the mageBot.mac file or anything like that, only edit the mageBotSettings.ini to suit your spells.

well when i type /macro magebot it says file not found all though i clearly have downloaded it all then i type /macro magebot.rar then its the sub routine im thinking im not sure ill give the complete removal download routine one more go to see what happens

well when i type /macro magebot it says file not found all though i clearly have downloaded it all then i type /macro magebot.rar then its the sub routine im thinking im not sure ill give the complete removal download routine one more go to see what happens

You need to uncompress (unzip) the rar file using a program like WinRar or something.

Need help

Hello.

I've been trying to get this bot functioning as I need for a while and decided I am at the point where I need to ask for help. I would like it to sit in one spot, not moving whatsoever, and attacking mobs in a radius of 100 as I've defined in the .ini. The problem? I have to restart the macro every time I want the bot to engage a mob.

Here's an example:

My mage is parked in a safe spot between 2 mobs ~70 distance away on either side. Upon starting the macro, it buffs as I've specified and then engages one of the mobs. When the mob dies, I expect the pet to engage the 2nd mob within radius. It does not. I leave the bot running and the first mob repops- the mob does not get engaged. If I restart the bot, the pet will attack the mob. If I retstart the bot a second time, the pet will attack the other mob. If I don't restart the bot the mage just sits there forever. It will however buff if the buffs fade, so it is still running, it just wont pull.

I am set for solo mode and have a path defined, but I've set WalkPath=false. I'm starting the bot on the spot where I defined the path. All looting stuff is set to false for now.
My mage is basically standing still like I want, so all I need to overcome is this pulling business and not having to restart the macro every time I want a mob dead (defeats the purpose). Is there anything you can suggest?

Also, I don't know how important this is but occasionally in my MQ window I'll get spammed with stuff like:

Face: loc not specified but <y>,<x> not found.
devMovement.inc@344 (Movement(int Start, int Finish,bool CombatMove,bool ignoreZ)): /face nolook loc ${LocArray{$Location}}
etc.

Edit: While I was writing this, after 10 minutes of one of the mobs being up, my bot decided to attack it. Too weird. It is still a big problem for me though- I want it to be snappy... mob spawns, pet attacks, mob dies. Right now it's chaos.

Last edited:
This is a great macro! I have it working fairly well, however my pet occasionally ends up being to far away from the targeted mob and I will just sit idle. If i manually cast "summon companion" the pet resumes attacking and the macro continues on.

Would it be possible to a check to the .ini that if the pet is to far away to have the mage cast summon companion?

Is this a group magebot? Sorry for the noobish type question. looking to resurrect my mage and add him to the bot army.

doesnt register merc?

the command I keep getting when I start the program and after it gets done throwing 2-3 buffs on me is this

No such 'mercenary' member 'Equal'
devCommon.inc@556 (commonroutines): /if (${usemerc} && ${me.combatstate.notequal[combat]} && ((${me.mercenary.equal[SUSPENDED]} && $ {group.groupsize} < 6) || ${me.mercenary.equal[UNKNOWN]} || ${me.mercenary.equal[NULL]})) /notify MMGW_managewnd MMGW_suspendbutton leftmouseup magebot.mac@172 (main(string ininamestr,stringspathname)): /call commonroutines

someone please help me I tried the furoms for the problem none has had it. I tried looking up parts of the code and nada.

basically I /mac magebot it gives all the trues/false at beginning cast 2-3 buffs and then I get this message as spam until I turn off bot

use bot macro by pete sampras to get a good mage bot! =) this one to me is really hard to setup

Yes, if you are looking for free bots, you really should use Pete's. This one as well as my other two free class bots are all extremely dated (they haven't been updated since 2009). There have been changes to MQ2 / EQ since then that make these bots have various problems like the one posted a few posts above. And as of right now, I do not have any plans to do any more work on the free bots I have here. All of my macro working time goes to supporting / updating the premium versions of my bots.

love these macros !!!!!

Got a Q:

1. is holyshit comparable to all these macros
2. should / could I use these with holyshit for the ultimate macroing

use bot macro by pete sampras to get a good mage bot! =) this one to me is really hard to setup

Yes, if you are looking for free bots, you really should use Pete's. This one as well as my other two free class bots are all extremely dated (they haven't been updated since 2009). There have been changes to MQ2 / EQ since then that make these bots have various problems like the one posted a few posts above. And as of right now, I do not have any plans to do any more work on the free bots I have here. All of my macro working time goes to supporting / updating the premium versions of my bots.

!!!!!!! No comment

!!!!!!! No comment

devestator,

i use your outdated macro all the time, all i do is add the new spells From COTF and add either Rk.II or Rk. III to the end to make it work.

Works great !!!!!!

keep up the good work

my orginal post was asking if holyshit STACk with your macro or did holyshit OVERRIDE / OUTDATE YOUR MACRO, or can u use both to defeat EQ ???

the command I keep getting when I start the program and after it gets done throwing 2-3 buffs on me is this

No such 'mercenary' member 'Equal'
devCommon.inc@556 (commonroutines): /if (${usemerc} && ${me.combatstate.notequal[combat]} && ((${me.mercenary.equal[SUSPENDED]} && $ {group.groupsize} < 6) || ${me.mercenary.equal[UNKNOWN]} || ${me.mercenary.equal[NULL]})) /notify MMGW_managewnd MMGW_suspendbutton leftmouseup magebot.mac@172 (main(string ininamestr,stringspathname)): /call commonroutines

someone please help me I tried the furoms for the problem none has had it. I tried looking up parts of the code and nada.

basically I /mac magebot it gives all the trues/false at beginning cast 2-3 buffs and then I get this message as spam until I turn off bot

Looks like the datatype members changed in MQ2 over time.
The fix is:
instead of: ${Me.Mercenary.Equal
to: ${Me.Mercenary.State.Equal

Simple fix.
For anything in the future I would recommend going to the MQ2 Wiki and search under the Datatypes. You can see most all of the members exposed.

HELP PLEASE!!!

anyone have an updated 100+ ini that works for this ... mage is waiting to cast until low 70's barely touches his mana pool and is chain casting his first 2 maybe 3 spells if im lucky, not sending pet in until after 80% ..

I know it's old and dated any help would be greatly appreciated though

[General]
SpellCoolDown=3s
SitAt=50
MinMobLvl=46
MaxMobLvl=120
MobRadius=100
MinSafeDistance=40
ResistTries=3
MinRestMana=40
MinRestToMana=80
MinRestOverHPs=80
TimeToSitAfterCast=0s
CircuitRestTime=5m
ReplyToTells=false
WalkPath=false
PathName=default
LootCorpses=false
LootReturnNearestLoc=true
ModRodName=Rod of Prime Transvergence
ModRodMana=40
ModRodHPs=20
HealPotName=
HealPotHPs=40
UnsafePCAction=continue
CampAfterGate=true
MainTank=group
PullerName=group
Announcements=True
AnnounceChan=/g

[GroupSettings]
GroupMode=true
MainAssist=Group
PetAssistPct=97
GroupBuffAtStart=false
MinBuffCheckTimer=1m
UnsafePCAction=continue
OutOfCombatSit=false

[PetSettings]
SummonAtStart=true
EquipAtStart=false
PetSpellName=Convocation of Air
PetSlot=gem8
PetFocusItem=Chitin Stud
PetHeal=Renewal of Calix
PetHealPct=40
PetHealTo=80
PetWeaponSpell1=Grant Frightforged Armaments
PetWeaponItem1=Summoned: Frightforged Fireblade
PetWeaponSlot1=gem9
PetWeaponSpell2=null
PetWeaponItem2=Summoned: Frightforged Shortsword
PetWeaponSlot2=gem9
PetMuzzleSpell=null
PetMuzzleItem=null
PetMuzzleSlot=null
PetBeltSpell=null
PetBeltItem=null
PetBeltSlot=null
PetArmorSpell=null
PetArmorSlot=null

[Summoned]
Value=0
SummonedSpell1=Grant Icebound Paradox
SummonedItem1=Summoned: Icebound Sliver
SummonedSlot1=gem8

[SelfBuffs]
Value=5
SelfBuffName1=Phantasmal Guardian
SelfBuffName2=
SelfBuffName3=Phantasmal Symbiosis
SelfBuffName4=Twisted Ring of Madness
SelfBuffName5=Shimmering Veil
SelfBuffText1=Phantasmal Guardian
SelfBuffText2=
SelfBuffText3=Phantasmal Symbiosis Recourse
SelfBuffText4=Knowledge of the Past III
SelfBuffText5=Form of endurance XI
SelfBuffSlot1=gem9
SelfBuffSlot2=gem9
SelfBuffSlot3=gem9
SelfBuffSlot4=item
SelfBuffSlot5=item

[PetBuffs]
Value=4
PetBuffName1=Embercoat
PetBuffName2=Burnout XII
PetBuffName3=Maloseniac Eminence
PetBuffName4=
PetBuffName5=Fortify Companion
PetBuffText1=Embercoat
PetBuffText2=Burnout XII
PetBuffText3=Maloseniac Eminence
PetBuffText4=
PetBuffText5=Fortify Companion
PetBuffSlot1=gem9
PetBuffSlot2=gem9
PetBuffSlot3=gem9
PetBuffSlot4=null
PetBuffSlot5=Alt

[GroupBuffs]
Value=1
GroupBuffGroup1=Circle of Flameskin
GroupBuffGroupDisplayName1=Circle of Flameskin
GroupBuffSingle1=Lavaskin
GroupBuffSingleDisplayName1=Lavaskin
GroupBuffAlias1=ds
GroupBuffTargets1=WAR|SHD|PAL|RNG|MNK|ROG|BRD|BST|BER
GroupBuffSlot1=gem9
GroupBuffCombat1=False
GroupBuffGroupAnnounce1=Lavaskin inc on %t
GroupBuffSingleAnnounce1=NULL
GroupBuffAuto1=TRUE
GroupBuffGroupMin1=3

[SafePCs]
Value=0
PCName1=

[LeaveLoot]
LootNoDrop=false
LeaveUnknown=false
Value=0
LootItem1=
LootAlert1=
[WantedLoot]
Value=0
LootItem1=
LootAlert1=
[DestroyLoot]
DestroyUnknown=false
Value=0
LootItem1=
LootAlert1=

[IgnoreMobs]
Value=0
MobName1=

[Combat]
SpellSetTypeValue=0
SpellSetType=NULL
Value=8

SpellName1=Blistersteel Malosenia
SpellSlot1=gem2
SpellMaxMobs1=100
SpellMinMobs1=1
SpellMaxMobHPs1=98
SpellMinMobHPs1=50
SpellMinMana1=15
SpellRecastDelay1=24s

SpellName2=Spear of Blistersteel
SpellSlot2=gem1
SpellMaxMobs2=100
SpellMinMobs2=1
SpellMaxMobHPs2=95
SpellMinMobHPs2=4
SpellMinMana2=30
SpellRecastDelay2=24s

SpellName3=Fickle Magma
SpellSlot3=gem8
SpellMaxMobs3=100
SpellMinMobs3=1
SpellMaxMobHPs3=93
SpellMinMobHPs3=2
SpellMinMana3=20
SpellRecastDelay3=4s

SpellName4=Broiling Sands
SpellSlot4=gem3
SpellMaxMobs4=100
SpellMinMobs4=1
SpellMaxMobHPs4=94
SpellMinMobHPs4=2
SpellMinMana4=10
SpellRecastDelay4=4s

SpellName5=Bolt of Molten Magma
SpellSlot5=gem4
SpellMaxMobs5=100
SpellMinMobs5=1
SpellMaxMobHPs5=91
SpellMinMobHPs5=5
SpellMinMana5=10
SpellRecastDelay5=4s

SpellName6=Relentless Servant
SpellSlot6=gem6
SpellMaxMobs6=100
SpellMinMobs6=1
SpellMaxMobHPs6=90
SpellMinMobHPs6=30
SpellMinMana6=20
SpellMaxHPs6=100
SpellRecastDelay6=24s
SpellGOM6=false

SpellName7=Blast of Sand
SpellSlot7=gem7
SpellMaxMobs7=100
SpellMinMobs7=1
SpellMaxMobHPs7=92
SpellMinMobHPs7=5
SpellMinMana7=10
SpellRecastDelay7=4s

[Alerts]
AlertDeathAudioFile=null
AlertEvac=null
AlertUnsafePC=null
Value=1
AlertMobName1=null
AlertAudioFile1=null

I'm familiar with Devs bots I noticed in your ini you don't have a line for

AssistPct=xx

This would tell your character when to engage. Mine is in the General section.

Check your spell settings too. The delay for Spear is way too long. Also check your MaxMobHPs and MinMobHPs. Make sure you want the spell casting at those HP levels. For me and my mage we like Rain / Rain / Spear / Bolt / ALT / or other

Last edited: