macro for pressing keyboard?

charlieonly

Lifetimer
Reaction score
im playing a browser game and get tired of pressing buttons so fast...is there a macro program thing that will allow me to use the mouse to move around while turn on or off the macro to push 2 keys every 1 sec and 2 keys every 6 sec?

im playing a browser game and get tired of pressing buttons so fast...is there a macro program thing that will allow me to use the mouse to move around while turn on or off the macro to push 2 keys every 1 sec and 2 keys every 6 sec?

AutoHotKey is what I usually use when I want to automate mouse / keyboard stuff in a script. I'm pretty sure it has a way to simply record and replay a set of keystrokes which sounds like might work for you without having to get into any script coding.

what dev said.. autohotkey is the best prog out there for stuff like that imho. really easy to use/setup.

macrogoblin ive used that for other games like fishing in rift or space missions in star wars when it came out.

macrogoblin ive used that for other games like fishing in rift or space missions in star wars when it came out.

Damn, live and learn. It never ceases to amaze me what new things I pick up here, there and everywhere.

I never heard word one of this bot program but it sounds pretty good. I've always thought a good automation program could be written by being able to monitor pixel changes on the screen without any need to be injected into the game code. In essence simulate what the human player does. This seems to fit the bill. While any program running at the same time as a game client could conceivably be detected by that client something that depends on visual clues as opposed to reading memory blocks is a lot less invasive and suspicious.

Only thing that worries me is Everquest (as opposed to EQ2) gets virtually NO mention on their website and in their forums. I know EQ has some features that block certain automated key-clicker programs.

William12, you've used MacroGoblin successfully with EQ? Anyone else?

I've never used macrogoblin before, but I have used pixel scanners with EQ before I used MQ2 way back in the day for autocrafting and such.

It's been so long now I don't remember all the code behind it, but there are multiple ways to simulate key presses and mouse clicks in code. One way is you can send them as window message events (windows api stuff) which I believe EQ ignores. I believe the reason being EQ uses DirectInput to detect keypresses and mouse input. I don't remember the method that I was able to get to work but I do remember one method working hehe. Whether or not this macrogoblin program can use and make it work or not, I don't know.

That said, yeah pixel scanning has always had it's place. I've got numerous AutoHotKey macros that use pixel scanning in some games. I used to use a AutoHotKey script for pixel scanning in diablo to auto drink potions for me and such. I wasn't using autohotkey but did use pixel scanning back in the day for Sierra's The Realm, and for Ultima Online to automate stuff.

Damn, live and learn. It never ceases to amaze me what new things I pick up here, there and everywhere.

I never heard word one of this bot program but it sounds pretty good. I've always thought a good automation program could be written by being able to monitor pixel changes on the screen without any need to be injected into the game code. In essence simulate what the human player does. This seems to fit the bill. While any program running at the same time as a game client could conceivably be detected by that client something that depends on visual clues as opposed to reading memory blocks is a lot less invasive and suspicious.

Only thing that worries me is Everquest (as opposed to EQ2) gets virtually NO mention on their website and in their forums. I know EQ has some features that block certain automated key-clicker programs.

William12, you've used MacroGoblin successfully with EQ? Anyone else?

No I wrote a rift fishing bot and SWTOR space mission bot (before they changed them) with it. Never tried EQ. It's not just a pixel monitor it can monitor logs also.

Q

Like Dev mentions the real question is HOW does it send keystrokes and mouse-clicks to game clients. I've been disappointed in other such programs that EQ just completely ignores. It worries me that the forums don't have a single post about using it in EQ. One of the devs says there are no EQ1 bots available on their site BUT maybe they can be made. That's seriously underwhelmingly reassuring, especially where you have to buy the software before trying it out...

Last edited: