TeckNet keyboard

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone use this: TeckNet Keyboard ? The Amazon link is:

Amazon.com: TeckNet Gryphon LED Illuminated Programmable Gaming Keyboard with Water-Resistant Design, US Layout: Computers & Accessories

Has 10 programmable hot keys and what's great there is no resident software required. Up to 40 keystrokes per key saved in the keyboard's own internal memory so you can move the KB to another PC and it retains the hot key strings.

I like the look and feel and the lighting is cool. Plus, it's cheap as hell, under $30 for a fully programmable keyboard is unheard of.

The key question for me is: do the key markings wear off quickly? This tends to be a big problem with lower-cost KBs.

Anyone use this: TeckNet Keyboard ? The Amazon link is:

Amazon.com: TeckNet Gryphon LED Illuminated Programmable Gaming Keyboard with Water-Resistant Design, US Layout: Computers & Accessories

Has 10 programmable hot keys and what's great there is no resident software required. Up to 40 keystrokes per key saved in the keyboard's own internal memory so you can move the KB to another PC and it retains the hot key strings.

I like the look and feel and the lighting is cool. Plus, it's cheap as hell, under $30 for a fully programmable keyboard is unheard of.

The key question for me is: do the key markings wear off quickly? This tends to be a big problem with lower-cost KBs.

Get what ya pay for. Probably made in china ;-P

I find that I type just fine without looking at keys. If I have to look down to find a key I typically don't use that key very often and it takes quite a bit more time for the keys to wear away. But then again I use a $9 keyboard from walmart and none of the keys have worn off. /shrug

How'd ya know it was made in China? U must be psychic! :rolleyes:

Fuck that shit, get a Corsair. Its been about a year with my Corsair K70 and I'm still loving it.

I may try a Corsair Vengeance K95.... seems pretty cool.

I would love a K95, but I started slow and went with the K70 Rapidfire first just see if I even like mechanical keyboards.

Would love a K95 to script all the invoker spells for dota2:eek:, easy mmr!

I think I saw a refurbished K95 a couple of months back for $135. I just recently bought a logitech g300 mouse refurbished and am happy with the purchase, so I may go the refurbished route in the future. Usually I'm not a huge fan of refurbished items, warranty really sucks on them.

I bought a K95 at MicroCenter on Sunday... nervously. The reviews on Amazon warn that the keyboard lights are prone to burnout. Not that I really need those since I don't play in the dark (not computer games, at least :rolleyes:) but I'd consider it a sign of quality problems. But I LOVE the 18 macro keys and I like the fact that the wrist rest is detachable. I'm a 2-finger typist, fast as heck but I don't need to rest my wrists to avoid carpal tunnel.

I will report back when I've set it up and have a chance to test it. It sure LOOKS mighty-fine! :cool:

BTW, the sticker price at MC was $170 but it rung up at $150. So you might wanna go new for $15 more than your refurb price.

Last edited:
I have had a K95 (extended version) since Nov. 2016, no problems with lights at all. Although I don't have it doing any light shows, just solid colors. Also have the Corsair MMO mouse

Amazon.com: Corsair Gaming SCIMITAR Pro RGB Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, 16000 DPI, Black Side Panel, Optical: Computers & Accessories

which I really like. I have the side keys programmed to do stuff like targeting, opening up inventory/quest journal/AA window/invite/raidinvite. My hands are not enormous, but they're not small either and not too bad figuring out which side keys to hit for what I want.

Last edited:
I have a Logitech mouse with the same number of side buttons and I had to retire it. My hands aren't that big but my fingers are kinda thick, I guess, because it was hopeless for me to hit a specific hot button without looking and that kinda defeats the purpose. I use another Logitech mouse which still has 6 programmable buttons but they're well spread out and I can use them accurately without looking. Between those 6 and 18 on the keyboard, I figure I'm all set. The mouse is an MX518. I recommended it here in another post. Only like $30 on the secondary market (eBay) as Logitech does not make them, or anything like them, anymore.