Looking to hire leet macro skills

assbag

Reaction score
Im holding on to the cusp of just not playing EQ at all anymore but I thought maybe it would be fun to autobot some shit and see if I could get back to the level my buds are at with some new toons. Basically I want a monk macro and a cleric macro that I can afk and gather AA / levels. It dosnt have to be 200 AA an hour just some safe normal pulling tempo return to camp kill etc. I figure with a cleric a cleric merc a monk or rogue and a merc tank it should be doable. I just don't have the time to put something like this together. If you do, and would like to be compensated send me a PM maybe we can hook some shit up.

Use the auto puller mac and a good cleric macro( there are a couple at this site).
Only thing though the auto puller mac sometimes gets little tangled up. What I found is after a while a couple of things happen to it.

1 It targets a mob and runs to get it but somehow doesnt actually connect and hit the mob. So your toon runs back to camp and awaits the mob that is never comming.

2 You run out tag a mob and it comes after you but you out run the mob and it warps across the zone.... newer expansions I have had this happen. Easy fix for me was doing like a /speed .6 to slow the puller down. But got to watch out for getting beat to deah in some zones/camps before returning to camp.

3 Or my favorite that I do not understand. But all the sudden after a dead mob the pulle rwill just sit there like the macro quit. After playing with it like this for a few dozen times. I found the mac is still running but in some sort of check loop. It does not spit anything out into MQ2 window. It just sits there. I found out if you target yourself and hit esc... the puller will go out and get a target.

Plus if you go afk.. you risK losing your hard earned work by someone stumbling on to you. They may be in same zone farmign something and die and want a rezz and come to you to get one. Or buffs... or want to join your group for faster exp. Whatever it is .. I found they always end up comming by at least once. And always sending a OOC directed at you or a tell... wondering what camp you are at or if you got room.

I use to do a version of hunter with warp in it. But to many times had stuff happen like that. Even in the old world zones. I don't personally go afk for more than 10 minutes top. I even set a timer to remind me to get my ass back to computer.

But I hope those suggestions for the macs work for you. They are somewhat free. You have to pay to be a member here but they are already up and working.

As for the camp issues and people coming to you for buffs or rez etc etc I suggest you get a mission where you enter an Instance of the zone so its only you in there and then you dont have to worry about others.

I am a member, I was planning on using an instanced mission or zones that I know with 99% certainty that Im the only one that has been in them in months. That being said a name check / auto response sorrycamping soon and then auto camp wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Ive used the auto puller but Ive had trouble with the looting portion and many of the hanging issues you report.
Just kinda was wondering if anyone with lots of macro experience wanted to put something together for me for a modest fee. Im not looking to get flamed, Im addmitting up front Im lazy. I would rather have someone that knew what they were doing make and test what I want and then deliver to me via PM the macro(s) and a walk thru of how to impliment them.

Maybe I will just learn to fish myself I guess.:rolleyes:

No please do not take my advice as flaming. Was just trying to help. I understand you. Hell I have offered money before. But I never have had no luck.
I do wish you luck in finding that you are seeking. Hope someone takes care of you on it.

Hey Assbag, for the cleric you can look into my Clericbot here: http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...lericbot-v1-20-beta-updated-03-01-2009-a.html

It's still in beta mode and a work in a progress, but should be sufficient for what you are wanting to do.

I already have a monk bot with pulling capabilities that I've used for personal use, even afk in a situation somewhat similiar to what your describing. Although I had a shaman instead of a cleric for my 2nd character at the time, I imagine a cleric would work just as well but there is going to be a lot of overlapping heals with the cleric merc and a cleric bot. I would almost suggest having two tank mercs instead when you do this for better dps.

My monk bot / puller is by no means ready for a public release, as I said it's a purely personal mac so I dont really have much set up to make it more user friendly, and it probably has some bugs in it since I've only used it occasionally. But if your interested send me a PM and we can discuss it further.