Kings and Bandits

expmonk

Reaction score
Anyone tried using MQ2 on this new emu pvp server? I'm getting very strange functionality. The MQ2 chat window doesn't pop up upon loading til you zone, and even then it doesn't output any text to it at all. Lots of plugins and commands are not working either. Perhaps the eqgame.exe they provide isn't the standard for the titanium install?

Don't they use different memory offsets? Is it even possible to require different memory offsets for the same exe? Do you have to use a different exe than for other emu servers?

They include an eqgame.exe in their patch files however it's identical in file size. I don't know how to disassemble or hex edit it to figure out if it's the standard eq titanium released .exe or not, but all of my docrack commands work if I use them through a game trainer I made, so I would have to assume (?) that the exe is the same if the memory addresses are the same.

Just doesn't make sense that certain things aren't working, like chat commands not showing up in the MQ2 window at all and npc / pc names not showing up when they should be.

They didn't change very much in that eqgame.exe. Someone here could easily make a working build, until they hex edit the next binary.

Well, I don't know if anyone else from this community plays there:

eqpvp.com (Kings and Bandits)

But I'd gladly donate to whomever got a compile working for that eqgame.exe. Doesn't need all the bells and whistles. My DoCracks already work, I'd mostly like chat commands going to the MQ2 window again, names to appear above heads, and the ability to /circle again.

Forced Patch Again!!!

I also patching an exploit in the Login Server which is going to be brought back shortly.

This is going to disable the / commands in MQ2 since people are injecting packets.

Get the updated eqgame at http://patch.eqpvp.com/eqgame.zip

I remember a time when admins actually responded to threads here......