Keep Crashing -- Report Sent

Having the same issue with just one macro that I am using for the past 3 or 4 days. Since update it crashes everytime my SK enters combat. My cleric, enchanter and wizards work fine. Nothing wrong with them. Only does it on melee characters it seems.

Any suggestions on a band-aid fix for this?
neztah, try unloading mq2namesay and see if any change.

Will try this and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion.

HTW, I turned that off and still happened. So I went down the list turned them off until it stopped crashing. Seems that MQ2Melee is causing the crash and it just updated. But now it crashes on load if MQ2Melee is on.

I am crashing as well, send two mini reports, i turned off alot of plugins that I was not using, still crashing.

Ok I turned off MQ2Melee and it stopped crashing for me as well.

Last edited:
Yea same for me windows 7 64. MQ2melee crash on load in of character.

I am having same crash issues, immediately upon completion of loading mq2, everquest crashes. I stopped mq2melee and no more crashes. I uploaded a mini report and am using Windows 7 64bit if that matters. Thank you

Same. MQ2Melee, for what its worth! ;-)

SAME ISSUE

I now ON OLDER COMPUTER AND CANNOT turn off MQmelee manually either to stop this from happening !!!!!!

FIX THIS !!!!!!

Last edited:
You can restore back to the previous version of MQ2Melee.

Go to MQ Folder, find MQ2Melee.dll, right click on it go to Properties > Previous Versions and pick your working version.

You can restore back to the previous version of MQ2Melee.

Go to MQ Folder, find MQ2Melee.dll, right click on it go to Properties > Previous Versions and pick your working version.

Sadly the version before that wasn't working for me either. Was causing crashes ever so often as well.

I was able to restore my copy of MQ2melee and ill post it here in case some of you cant do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to restore my copy of MQ2melee and ill post it here in case some of you cant do the same.

Thanks a bunch! Just replaced the one I had with this one and my stuff is working great! Thanks!

i did as u said and got this message: " no previous restore points are available".

now what

I'm sorry about the problem guys. I'll get an update out soon that resolves this. We're just trying to track down why MQ2Melee is causing these problems.

Still CRASHING !!!!

what i did

1. Deleted old melee file
2. added your program
3. loaded toon
4. loaded MQ2

Crashed

Then............

1. deleted melee
2. got new update from loader
3. loaded toon
4. loaded MQ

Crashed !!!!!!!!

playing Eq regis like " chewing on tin foil " !!!

FIXED...........thanks HTW // FRY // pete

Last edited:
Yeah please don't post .dll's for our stuff, no offense - thanks.

If someone needs a restored version at some point for any reason, can always link the .zip download and they can grab it that way.

As far as that goes, I updated MQ2Melee to a proper version on update server, and you should be good if you update to that one via loader.

htw

Still having crashing issues. Sent files over to HTW to look at. Not sure if anyone else is still having issues or its only me.

All the best,

C

Ok tried the following today.

Fresh Install of Everquest
Fresh Install of UI Files
Fresh Install of MQ2
Play With default UI

All ended in crashes.

Narrowing down things at least.

Last edited:

Fresh Install of MQ2
Play With default UI

All ended in crashes.

Follow the instructions in the Problem Report/Discussion Link. If we have an idea of what plugins you have loaded, we might be able to figure it out without crash report.

Fresh Install of MQ2
Play With default UI

All ended in crashes.

Follow the instructions in the Problem Report/Discussion Link. If we have an idea of what plugins you have loaded, we might be able to figure it out without crash report.

Will do, I think I narrowed it down to MQ2Bot