Incorrect Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinekus

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am trying to load MQ. I load loader fine but when i log in game after i loa loader it tells me Incorrect client version. this means your version of MQ2 is not compiled for your version of EQ. it also tells me to make sure you have patched EQ propely, reboot first, then before running MMOloader or EQ update your MQ2 files.

I have done this run EQ patcher, ran loader checked for updates there is none rebooted,

any help please would be most welcome

I am trying to load MQ. I load loader fine but when i log in game after i loa loader it tells me Incorrect client version. this means your version of MQ2 is not compiled for your version of EQ. it also tells me to make sure you have patched EQ propely, reboot first, then before running MMOloader or EQ update your MQ2 files.

I have done this run EQ patcher, ran loader checked for updates there is none rebooted,

any help please would be most welcome

This is due to an updated eqgame.exe file. MQ has to be patched for the latest version of eqgame.exe. It will be posted when the update has been completed. Thank you.

there is a new eqgame.exe you downloaded with the new patch so mq2 will not work untill a new compile is made here at mmobugs so just wait they are fast about it so when they have it done they will update the loader.

ok thank you wasnt sure if it was the patch or something i did tht messed it up , lol.

new to mq

I'm having the same problem. when u say there quick about updating the compile. we talking, a few hours, or a few day? god forbid weeks..

I'm having the same problem. when u say there quick about updating the compile. we talking, a few hours, or a few day? god forbid weeks..

It varies depending on the complexity of the changes made by SoE during their patch. Sometimes hardly anything changes, other times they change tons. Please just be patient, it will be released as soon as it is finished.

Ok, I have a question.

Noobsalad's question I can understand. But, from someone that's a lifetime member, and been here a year, how the hell is it possible to still be asking that question?

I mean, it wouldn't be the first post seen on the topic, nor the last answer to it. And for being around a while, the problem would have been run into the first couple logins ever, not a year later.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. It just has me really confuzzled.

Can you make some form of cover page?

Like:

Hello i r noob. I bang my head against my keyboard like this to make it go to mmobugs.com

oh wait this screen says the current mq compile is down but being worked on, click ok to continue to forums. dee dee dee i think the compile is down.

I know it would only fix the mild cases but it should put a large dent....

Lifetime user ID sold or passed to a first time user. He/she can't figure it out because they think MQ2 is magic and they can't wait to kill everything instantaneously reaping mounds and mounds of phat lewtz.

They post and everyone here thinks, "WTF mate?"

ok anyway, who cares about when they signed up and how many posts. As much as i hate to hear the dreaded "Incorrect version" question. It happens. Question was asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.