Ideas For Improving MMOBugs - Customer Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
wwarwolf911, I hear what you're saying. But it's so much worse on the MQ2 site. There, before you dare post a question, you have to have searched, read the entire Knowledge Base, perused all the walkthrus and FAQs and then maybe if you still don't have your answer THEN you may post a question.

But GOD HELP YOU if you don't post it on the right forum topic. Cuz you're likely to get your post moved to the thread devoted to making fun of clueless visitors.

I'm exaggerating a bit but THIS site is so much more helpful, unless a poster is a complete fucktard they usually get help even if it's just someone posting the link TO the answer.

I have to laugh about your reference to Walmart. The ONLY reason I go to Walmart EVER is to buy the SC game cards. There are like 8 Walmarts within 30 miles of my house so I call first to save myself a trip. Even when I get a clerk in the electronics dept, the majority of the time they don't even know what I'm talking about. When I go into a Walmart I bring along an expired SC card just so I can provide a visual aid to these clueless morons so maybe if they're done chatting behind the counter they can look around and see if they can find me some cards. Walmart is not a shining example of good customer service, by any means!

Just some thoughts and observations of mine to be taken with a grain of salt if you wish.

Although for a long term stable community that has lifetime members, you do want to have lifetime benefits, right now lifetime benefits are hurting more than helping. If people are weary of subbing to non lifetime, they definitely aren't going to want to sub to the more expensive lifetime. Not to mention lifetime will only give you a small influx of income where as from a business stand point you want something more sustained. So, sorry other lifetimers but I think right now Fry needs to focus on non lifetime benefits, it is better in a business perspective for him.

With that said, the plugin mentioned previously MQ2Navigation, IMO is one of the potentially best plugins available with EQ and MQ2 in their current states. If it worked like intended, and did not crash people anytime they even thought about a door, then it could alleviate some of the gripes about no more warp and zone. Granted it's not going to fix all of them but it could help. So perhaps consider fixing this plugin, and opening it up to all members not just lifetimers.

The biggest problem however, I don't feel is the safety of plugins, but rather the ability to get the word out. All these new EQ users are great, but only a small percentage of them are going to be thinking, how can I cheat in this game. I'm sure mmobugs will show up in search engines, heck I know I get targeted advertisements for it all the time. So that small percentage may be able to find mmobugs. However MQ2 does not have the presence it once did. Back when I first found out about MQ2 and started using it, I found out because I heard rumors of people being able to see mobs on the map and knowing when named spawns were up. That is when I found ShowEQ, and eventually found out about MQ2 when I was trying to write my own macros using the mouse and visual basic hehe. Also I bet a lot of people here can stand to hearing about MQ2 when ghostkill and no delay where all the rage. Everyone in EQ just about were fussing about them at one point or another when it gained in popularity because it gave such a huge unfair advantage.

There is currently nothing being used in MQ2 to attract this attention and let other eq players know that hey, there is something out there to make all of this easier and give me an advantage. With Warp and Gate for the most part shunned away from and everyone unsure on it's safety, the only things people are really using are passives. Being able to see spawns on the map is old news and people rarely talk about it these days. And while yes people will sometimes spot bots and accuse people of botting, this doesn't get the wide spread attention of the bigger things like seeing people warp or gate away.

Honestly, I also feel like the lull in the bannings is simply that a lull. Probably due to the decreased usage of MQ2 and the even further decreased usage of active plugins. I really doubt they didn't simply put in automated code to detect these things and are just not taking action on it right now due to the low volume. It was actually probably all planned months ago. Sklug probably knew he was going to EQNext and left this auto detection code behind as kind of his last gift to EQ, or the supervisors at least requested that he do something like this before he left.

So I've pointed out some of the problems as I see them, and haven't really given much in the way of solutions. That is because I don't really know them. If someone can come up with a new plugin that would garner a lot of attention it could get the word out to newer EQ players that don't know about it. But it would also put SOEs attention back on us to do more ban waves and scare anyone off. But some way has to be devised to get the word out to those new users.

I think it would actually be easier to do as someone else has already suggested, and look into branching out into other games. A good WoW bot, as good as say honorbuddy, but written and supported by English speaking players could go a long ways. WoW subscription base is HUGE. Loads of potential subscribers for something like that. Honorbuddy is ran by a German company I believe and sometimes things are lost in translation with them. Their system is also a bit buggy at times because frankly I don't think their coders are as good as the MQ2 developers. But I also know there are legal things to consider with WoW, Blizzard has shown that they are willing to go after the bots legally if they get big enough. But I think you stand to make a good influx of subs before that happens. Also newer games, if you can get stuff for them out early would be big. For example the game Tera is releasing soon. If you had a section for it even if it had nothing but a map for now, and it was actively updated and new tools where added, I think you could see a lot of subs for that.

I also would gladly offer my help as time permitted to branching out into other projects like this (If I could make a living doing things like that I totally would and could devote more time to it! lol). Doing this would require a restructuring of the website and everything, you wouldn't want everything dedicated to MQ2 stuff. You would need to be able to have sections dedicated to each specific game / set of tools that stuff is worked on for, and structure the website more like an all in one mmo cheating site. Obviously this is going to mean you would need more help, as good as htw is I don't think he'd be able to keep up with more than a couple different game utilities. Although I think it would be a good idea to have one universal MMOLoader for all the different games if possible. That way someone just downloads one file, logs in, and is able to patch for the games they use and run it). In the long term I think it would be the best choice from a business perspective. This also brings in the possibility of new pricing schemes, with subs to one particular games set of tools, or subs to everything.

Obviously this would be a lot of work to make a transition like this, but I think it's the only way MMOBugs will remain a profitable business in the long term for you Fry.

Last edited:
Fuck fog

i only use MQ for 2 reasons these days. I like to see whats up at the moment and MQ2FOG!!!

MQ2FOG is the most important plugin imo lol. I HATE fog and it pisses me off the EQ doesnt have something built in to turn it ALL off like MQ2FOG.

With limited active hacks available, i think the main selling point of mmobugs is ease of use and community support, more thorough product, w/ a little more extensive macros.

Suggestions:
1. Go through base compile and add in the rest of the Cases that are already defined in the .h data that base compile doesnt do. It will give you a much more complete product than the base compile.

2. Create some plugins that mimic macros. Or at least portions of them. Nearly every macro out there needs to be able to pick targets (either by assist or automatically), they need to prioritize those targets, check if they are valid, engage them, and cast spells/AAs/discs/items. If you can automate some of that into plugins that you control the source code, then you have an advantage. Take Roguehelper plugin as an example perhaps.

3. Highlight the capabilities more to current users with a tip of the day or week or whatever it may be. A do you know? type of deal that the splash screens in EQ uses.

4. MQ2Navigation - xeniaz said this is being reworked.. if you get a fully fleshed out working copy.. this is amazing.

5. Have contests for people to create content or something. Take suggestions on a macro or plugin, or a handful of them. Have people submit entries, then do a poll for what is best. You gain interest in your community, and provide better content for them at the same time.

6. More "How to" documentation so people can learn/find things more easily. PS, your search on this site is less than stellar when i use it. Maybe getting a better version of that would be good.

With f2p and all the plers we have might get some I know I would to make and donate rooms to be given away to new and returning subs veal a monthly drawing

One feature I was thinking of is if a member is running the GM plugin and it comes across a GM, it sends the name, zone and server to the mmobugs server. This way they could be watched and possibly be a predetection for other members to relax on what they are doing for the time being. I would say MMo keeps all the the data from all the servers to possibly watch for patterns of "visits". But those on a server that a gm is on atm would be notified. Completely optin per member of course. A little rough in my explanation, but I think the general idea is there. If they are gonna watch us, lets watch them. Maybe cut down on the paranoia of a gm is in zone. Only send members an alert if it is a flagged specific GM known to be strong with their authority or something.

To expand on Pete's post, maybe being able to search the wiki from ingame. Not open a browser, but to the mq window.

Possibly even a tutorial/howto plugin, example.
Code:
/howtomake Group mission suchandsuch <---title
/stp1 blah blah blah blah <----Step 1
/stp2 blah blah blah <----------Step 2
/scr1 <---- loads mq2screenshot takes shot
/scr2 <----
/stp3 blah blah blah <---- Step 3
/howtoend <---- ends tutorial steps and converts to a predefined html/wiki setup. These can either be autosubmitted and posted or can need approval.

/howto suchandsuch <----search command

Last edited:
I know personally first-hand help for new members is a + and can increase donations, I know when I first began MMOBugs I had nfi what to do and how to do it, maybe a appoint a few 'free' moderators and put in a live chat code that will allow new members to ask for help, Yes I'm aware of posts and IRC but they both take time to answer questions.

Also, With F2P I don't see why you (fry, devs) don't open a platinum website, just setup a bunch of f2p rogues or something in a zone no one hunts and farm platinum, then sell it.

Main reason I use MQ is for mq2melee, I used to use it for warp and /zone but since I can no longer use those functions I have found other uses for it. Mq2melee for me is so powerful in helping to maximize dps, and maximize my tanking ability to help me get farther and become a better player.

Mq also has the map function to show where every mob is and any mobs spawning, that is huge for me to when I need to tank and cast because I can see how close the mob is to me, or the raid.

I do like Lorekeeper's idea of having free mods that would use a "live chat" 1 on 1 function for new people. That seems like a cool idea, and I also like the making of video ideas.

Im sure ill come up with some more stuff, but I wrote this on short notice since im waiting for my cable company to get here, and they should almost be here. Ill post more as I come up with it.

I know personally first-hand help for new members is a + and can increase donations, I know when I first began MMOBugs I had nfi what to do and how to do it, maybe a appoint a few 'free' moderators and put in a live chat code that will allow new members to ask for help, Yes I'm aware of posts and IRC but they both take time to answer questions.

Also, With F2P I don't see why you (fry, devs) don't open a platinum website, just setup a bunch of f2p rogues or something in a zone no one hunts and farm platinum, then sell it.

Here are some ideas that may or maynot be benefiticial to the cause.

MMOBugs + The Marketplace

Have this revamped for multiple games, also make it so that MMOBugs gains a small portion or % of the transaction, since we rely on staff here to intervine / assist on sales etc.. I know there's more involved and it maybe more complicated, but I believe that you will get little resistance for this as we appreciate the effort provided.

Extras and or specials addons

Offering some sort of 'daily/weekly/monthly special' on plugins or macros or anything that would not be given in regular account access. Maybe have monthly contests for new content to be uploaded/shared. Something that allows people to want to contibute and reward for thier efforts. (of course rules would be implimented for things like 'having multiple winners, typf of content, etc...'

MMoBugs + other games

As stated previously, Exploring the possibility of adding new games to the loader and MQ2 package overall. I know that EQ has been your bread and butter, but as EQ fades, WoW continues to grow, and the amount of NEW mmo's flodding the market, it maybe a good idea to start looking at other games that can possibly assist to make Multiboxing and overall expiernece better. I'm not sure if people are paid here or if it people are donating thier time but I'm assuming you'd need a few more people to assist in devolopment for new games, testers etc..

Contests and Rewards

You used to have monthly contests for members, and as of lately, the idea of contests sort of have become stale. Renewing the contests for members would be a good incentive, but maybe also adding (again it has been mentioned before) things like; Recruit a friend (some sort of reward for referals), Monthly Plugin/macro contributors, Rewards for weekly/monthly support to users via forums/wiki updating. Anything that has a chance to reward someone for any effort would make people feel that the time they give and invest isn't in vein.

MMOBugs Sales and Service expansion

Adding MMOBugs to the list of Sellers in the marketplace for any and all games you decide to want to support.
What I mean by this, is to offer services for PL, AA, Gear etc.. or Sales of Currency, Sales of Accounts (Provide safe, worry and hassle free accounts - This may help deter having scammers want to re- enter the community and take advantage of people, especially new recruits.)

This would require more staff members but I am sure you would have no issues filling spots with some of the old time members. I'm not suggesting to 'Buy' up accounts, but maybe offer new clean accounts or custom orders as required. This maybe another decent way to help raise revenue.

Help and Support

As others have mentioned, video help files for installation and troubleshooting (wether it be Youtube type or Robodemo type of visual help). Updating the help files/wiki to be more noob friendly. Maybe dumbing things down would also make things less scarey when people are attempting to code for the first time.

Having IRC more accessible for help or some sort of chat/pager system for assiatance. Also not having us old timers jumping down new users throats for not searching. (maybe there's a way you could have a step-by-step link or section, that people can click, and follow in order.

Example: HAVE A QUESTION CLICK HERE
then when you click it, it takes you another page where it has a list of instructions on what to do to proceed. Yes, this may seem like it's babying the user but maybe something like this, where the resource page is constantly updated/modified, would force users to check it out and make use of it daily.

Subscriptions

As stated also before, having a vanilla version with no actives would be a great idea for new users to use and test. Also some sort of price drop or incetentive to have re-newals and new subs. Also offer something that the LIFETIME members can spend some cash on. (No idea on what or how currently, but adding something where fresh money can always be encouraged, daily/weekly/monthly.

I have more ideas, and I'll post as more popup. I don't want to make several single posts - I appologize if any/all of this has been repeated already.

There are a lot of features that MQ2 offers, but people are generally lazy for the most part. They want the point and click Kodak disposal camera. I wouldn't say I'm one of the most advanced MQ2 users.... But, I'm lazy. I really only push myself to do things when I really need to.

Here's an idea. Try to spotlight a plugin each week / month. Maybe have someone make a video explaining set up and cool points. I know there is a Wiki and I frequent it, but people are lazy by nature. Videos require no reading and trial and error. I'm not saying I need the videos. Just trying to brainstorm. Kodi has a face for radio, but make him do the videos. It'll make him reinstall EQ.

I agree 100%. I am totally lazy unless pushed to do so. If there were tutorials on how to write macros and some step by step examples and guides, I think I'd have a desire to learn. I don't even understand the syntax/scripting language. If there were tutorials for the laymen like me, I'd be more interested in starting to learn how to code/write macros for sure.

6. More "How to" documentation so people can learn/find things more easily. PS, your search on this site is less than stellar when i use it. Maybe getting a better version of that would be good.

Search does get hard at times. And yep more documentation would help.

One thing I do love about this website is how helpful people have been , and helpful in answering a question on boards! I think that is one of the great strengths of this community here at mmobugs, because macroquest2 website is hardly used by many anymore. Which is one thing I hated about the macroquest2 website, people hardly responded or helped out.

Last edited:
i wouldn't overlook the amount of knowledge about content mq users have. especially boxers.

guides that deal with eq content (pl, group dps interaction, boxing raid targets, boxing mobs with fucking push/pull mechanics, etc.) could be beneficial. could be a monthly contest format with the community voting on which guide they like best. i'd personally sponsor a prize or two.

i know people like to keep their secrets, but food for thought.

My favorite all time thing is when someone asks a question. Sometimes after filtering through all the many forums for the answer. In many cases the first thing a long time member says is "search is your friend, use search, blah blah blah." That being said imagine this scenario:

You walk into Walmart and ask the greeter, "can you tell me where to find such and such?" Promptly the greeter responds, "Did you use the search feature? What are you an idiot? Can't you do the simplest thing, such as using search?" The customer leaves and goes to Target.

My point: Some people are not great at critical thinking or solving issues, this is why there is a "Service Industry." If we could all do it ourselves, then we would. Don't scare off the lay person. Provide the highest level of customer service, and go out of your way.

I myself would love to learn to program, but I would have a thousand questions. This is in part because, I have no experience at it. Being thought of as an "idiot," prevents me from asking these questions. I know it has been said, "there is no such thing as a stupid question," but when you are made to feel stupid by your peers, you often just avoid asking.

If someone is having issues setting up an INI or customizing a macro to suit them, they will often just give up and not deal with it.

On a side note, many people on these forums have helped me when I needed the help: HTW, PETE, and occasionally a few others.

Make the new customers feel welcome, wanted, and important. Regardless of the silly questions they ask. =)

Echo this post, I have lost some intereste in this site because of this happening to folks. If you had an ask the experts section, where only select individuals can provide answers, even if all you did was give them the link, they will not feel like lepors for asking for help.

Needs to be alot more user friendly Fry, even as a returning user I find myself so lost as to what to do. Sure I have installed MMOLoader and it works, but I mean in terms of the in-game functionality offered by this MQ2 compile.

Some youtube videos would be awesome :)

MMOBugs

Just isnt what it used to be.Cant /warp/Succor/Stealth/Zone/Gate...i buy week to week..Sony has pretty much CockBlocked all the things I used with membership..Its getting to the point..and you said yourself..you wanted to thin out the members..Im about done.NO way am i doing Sub's longer than a week likie I used to.

That really is one of the issues, as fmc said, the "cool" stuff that was available right out of the box after I paid my $15 without needing a programming background is no longer there. MQ2Melee is probably one of the exclusive things that's somewhat simple to use for people who don't want to read a book worth of documentation just to learn how to do trade skills.

Yes, as people have said, I'm not paying for MQ2 plugins, etc, I'm paying for forum access that gives me access to said scripts. Really, that's just a cop out excuse. You'll find that a pretty good chunk of people signed up for things like warp/zone/gate/etc. Those features are no longer there, so really as a customer, what's replacing them? Because there are plenty of forums with a wealth of information out there, and probably quite a few macros available through google searching, and those are free.

Personally, yea, I would love to see the return of warp/zone/gate, or something else. To me, EQ's biggest downside was the down time involved running from zone to zone, medding, etc. The more time I can spend in camps killing stuff, getting gear, playing on raids, doing the stuff that's actually fun about the game rather than spending an hour running to a zone, dying, going back to GL, etc. Sony has done a pretty good job in reducing down time in many respects, but there's always room for improvement, which is where things like MQ come into play. Do that, throw up a little advertisement, and you'll get people subscribing. Your average customer doesn't care about the company, the community, or anything else; they care about their own well being and what they're getting for their money.

So yea, basically help speed up and simplify the game for me and I'll be more than happy to keep giving you my money :D

good chunk of people signed up for things like warp/zone/gate/etc

I'll be more than happy to keep giving you my money :D

there is validity to his post

its also a fact that some of the folks that have been here for a little longer than that, have enjoyed the benefits of being here and for me have a less skewed perception of why this is a great place to be, ie., warp zone gate arent safe for a while now, isnt the end of the world. I hope they come back safely at one point, but for me the lack of GK or ND (not that I rode that happy train to uberness), not coming back made me say F MQ ill play w out it....................................

The rest of the Plugins + Knowledge base = still has great value to me

Last I checked MQ2 was just given out as a source, Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the vast majority of folks that use MQ , cant compile their own, and most may not write or edit macros, and for those that want to get more out of melee than on off etc there are holyflags.........

I still would like to hear any suggestions about how to reach NEW users, ie strangers.

I volunteer for the server im on, a prize, for new members, once we get X ammt of new subs, a F2P lvl 90ish toon acct (class of your choice), Im a good PLr and relatively fast, maybe other guys that PL on other servers can do the same.

New sub here X ammt of cash, for a chance to get a 90ish toon (not gearing it or flagging it btw :p), and maybe once people get a taste of MMObugs theyll like what they see.

Again think we need a good idea to reach NEW folks, we cant sit in general or ooc and say go check it out............................

I still would like to hear any suggestions about how to reach NEW users, ie strangers.

I came to this site shortly after nd/gk became unusable. I was in search of those things, because I heard people talking about it and it piqued my curiosity. Like a lot of people I liked the warp/piggy/gate features. These were my selling points to my friends, and a lot of them signed up here.

Ive also used this site for marketplace, buying/selling characters services etc... I agree that is probably one of the best things about this site now for me at least. I would say we should promote the marketplace, but honestly the more people you get using something the more corrupt it could become(a la player auctions). Ive long thought there should be a feedback program for our marketplace.

I guess my point is we need something that would pique the curiosity of people. I have done sales for a while and I can tell you if you are not excited about a product you are not going to sell it very well. It seems we have a very niche product right now, which really only caters to boxers.. and boxers usually spend a lot of time talking to themselves :p

I have never gone life time on my membership, mainly because I quit playing too much, and I never know if I'll be back or not. Now with F2P there are probably even more people in my boat, its a lot easier to just come and go.

First, let me concur with some things.

The compile (especially, for me, MQ2Melee, AutoForage, AutoGroup, AutoAcceptTrades, etc) and marketplace are HUGE draws for me. I think I've purchased over 30 accounts from members here (and still have almost every one of them) with few issues.

How to videos and tutorials would be huge, as well as more/better documentation. Personally, as a person who prefers finding their own answers rather than asking (and only as a last resort), I'd like to see the wiki fleshed out a lot more. There are several plugins that don't even have wiki articles (red links).

I haven't signed up for lifetime (except that period a few years ago when lifetime trial subs were offered) not because I don't value what's offered here. My problem is, I have a love/hate relationship with EQ. To me, it doesn't make sense to shell out for lifetime when I "know" I won't play more than 3-4 months a year (and so won't make use of said subscription). Branching out into other games would add serious value to a lifetime (or even a longer term) subscription. As it stands now, I usually sign up for the 3 month plan but I don't have a problem with the cost of the lifetime sub.

How do we show the general public that gaming is more fun w MQ2 and not get the ghestapo (dont know how to spell those fucks)

Hehe close enough (no 'h' in gestapo). :)

On a side note, I'm not sure if the reference to the merits of the kodak camera is the best metaphor since the company has been dying a slow death for a while and has finally tanked.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...raphers-mourn/2012/01/05/gIQAxiXjcP_blog.html

Actually, the metaphor works perfectly. Kodak is dying because of its refusal to adopt new technologies (digital, for example) for fear of cannibalizing its existing core business. The problem they ran into is the same thing dinosaur companies often do: evolve or die. They chose the latter. But there was a time when Kodak disposable cameras held something like 80+% market share. You'd see those little yellow boxes everywhere. In the 21st century though, those yellow boxes were replaced with green ones (Fuji) and many of them were digital based which, of course, the dinosaur up in Rochester had no answer for.

I think the metaphor was used in the general, not specific, sense. 'Kodak' is synonymous with a particular product (cameras) much like 'Kleenex' is with tissues and 'Kotex' is with, well, you know ('petrol' in the UK, and amongst older folks 'Thermos' and 'aspirin' fit the bill as well). I think it's apropos in this case on another level since I believe this is one of those turning points where, apparently, MMOBugs has to evolve in some way or face the reaper's scythe (figuratively, if not literally). I love this site to death. It added an entirely new dimension to my EQ play. Honestly, if I hadn't found MQ2 (in general, and MMOBugs in particular), I probably wouldn't even still be playing EQ (at all).

However, I do like the idea of a cheaper compile, without the exclusive plugins perhaps. Another thing that occured to me while reading Fry's post was that the community here is very limited in that it's almost entirely devoted to EQ. With so many games on the market now, if there were some way to branch out some more it could increase the user base just via having more games to draw people in. We have a kick-ass EQ section, and the marketplace probably produces a lot of clientele for the site as well, but EQ is not in the best shape, even with FtP. And I am not saying we lay this all on the current devs shoulders. If we can attract people that are developing hacks for other games, bring them here, that could drive impetus and traffic here.

If this place stays EQ centric forever, it has to die, as surely as the game itself will.
(emphasis mine)

I wouldn't be against a 'passive only' compile at a lower price point. I don't think I use any active plugins at all (and never really did, aside from trying /zone and /warp a few times years ago, to see what all the fuss was about). It would suit me fine but I can't speak for anyone else.

I also agree WHOLE-HEARTEDLY with the above poster about the Marketplace being a kick-ass place to buy and sell. I've NEVER been burned here and I would NEVER go back to PlayerAuctions or any place else. The key is you guys are INVOLVED and GIVE A SHIT. In contrast, PA is full of shit! Like they started offering those "purchase protection guarantees" which weren't worth a plugged nickel. On this site when I've even started to suspect someone trying to sell me something was a scammer, I contacted one of the admins and almost immediately got an answer and good advice.

Don't under-estimate the value of your Marketplace forums. In the long run you could probably run the whole site off of this, albeit probably a smaller version. And I agree anything to "grow" the Marketplace, while continuing to keep it safe (there's the challenge, eh?) would provide real consumer value to subscribers.

Please hear this, it's like tablets from the mount. I can say that when my sub lapses and I'm not actively playing EQ, the one thing that sparks my interest in resubbing is the marketplace. Seeing what's available gets me to consider returning.

For example the game Tera is releasing soon. If you had a section for it even if it had nothing but a map for now, and it was actively updated and new tools where added, I think you could see a lot of subs for that.

As someone who preordered Tera and is looking forward to headstart (tomorrow?!?), I would totally agree with this.

However, I don't 'get' the people advocating "getting the word out". MMOBugs is very much like speakeasies were during Prohibition (or raves during the early to mid 90s). You don't want everyone and their dog knowing where they are as it's bound to attract attention you don't want. Considering how destructive to MQ use having just a few asshats can be, I would be hesitant to roll out the red carpet to Captain Re Re and his crew. MQ2, most recently, has become synonymous with GK/ND and idiots on Fippy who don't follow the tag line (Cheat SMARTER, you fuckin' stem cell rejects). Let's not forget the dopes on the last progression server run (Combine/Sleeper), zoning into PoTime when Velious had just been unlocked. It's why I like to set up in instances, whenever possible, or unused parts of open zones (goos on the way to Crystallos in DSH, for example, instead of at the farm watching some dumkoff warp around "swarming" (pre-ban waves, of course), pulling every named as soon as it spawned).

I'd like to see more members as much as anyone else, but the filtered kind. Not the types who would walk up to a cop in uniform with the, "You need something? I got that shit for you" line. Send the people looking for GK/ND over to CC.

So, I made a thing and would appreciate feedback on it. While I know the video quality is... blurry I'm well aware of it and have tried redoing it about 14 times over the course of 6 hours. I'm more interested in feedback of "usefulness" in terms of video documentation on how to download/setup MQ2. This was on a Windows 7 PC but the install should be near the same for most unless you're running XP.

MMOBugs Intro Video

If this goes over well, I'll try to start doing more instructional videos on things by request as the community thinks we need it. Doing a video for every plugin is more than I can handle so by suggestion/request would be far easier.

Edit: I don't need to hear about how my voice is soothing and calming. I get it already.

Not surprised they moved Klug to EQNext. EQ is being handled by the JV squad.

I only have one real complaint: shutting down takes forever. When I right click on the Loader and say exit, it might be as long as 30 seconds before it even responds. Anything to reduce that would be nice.

Oh, and you might want to think about the price of the subscription. It's gone up in recent years, not the right direction in a dying game that's losing subscribers.

BTW, has anyone taken out a sacrificial account to test warping and see if the hammer drops?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.