Ideas For Improving MMOBugs - Customer Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of the sexiness of kodi's voice, it looks fine to me, and explains stuff well and shows how to do it.

Many things here I agree and disagree with. I got mq2 for the plugins that aren't here anymore, however, i keep it cause i got used to the ones that i still have access too and its worth it. The forum is a joke. More people greif then help, there isn't really any new content at all, be it strats or gliches. Lifetime membership is seems really silly on a game that might be dead any day now. I would do a single level subscription, cheaper or course, since there isn't any real draw here anymore. Knowing that the compile is finished here is still worth a little bit imo.

Advertising is silly when there is nothing really to advertise. Re-ups are what you should focus on. Either adding something new/useful or changing sub prices are the only real ways to increase subs.

Pardon my grammer, was on my phone =/

i wouldnt focus on lifetime either main focus should be resubs and new buisness.

one guy said you could idea advertise the marketplace and when people come to use it they will see the other things/cheats we do offer here.Then its not so much advertising the hack/cheating part of eq and maybe less notice.

i would play again but when i wanted to come back to eq was when this first ban hit and im lazy as another said i dont want to run the zones or travel time ,so i used based soley on warp/succ gate fade the only passive i enjoyed was map and the basic docracks.

lowering the price on a basic sub for basic compile sounds like a viable option.And getting word out there to old peopel returning to the free to play eq now if cheap enough might peak there interest into joining and using marketplace to buy pp or toons etc etc.

FANTASTIC VIDEO!!!

I can see new users finding alot of ease in following the set up

1st time I googled eq cheats some yrs ago I ended up on youtube watching a monk and or a ranger taking out a bunch of crap (dragons)

While that was either a hack (GK or EMU) who knows that got me excited about looking deeper

Would it be Possible to show off some of the plugins we have, like show them in action, even briefly etc for people to visualize the usefulness of MQ

Option 1 go to MQ site, get a much smaller portion of plugins, maybe less macros, less forum interaction Option 2 is MMO (shit HTW and FRY) personally getting involved in questions and issues is awesome

Im at (2) Questions now 1)how do we get NEW folks (not the ones that return looking for GK, warp etc and get frustrated cause they dont get it and 2)what can best presented to them to see that this place is TOTALLY worth it, unless there is somone here that has a much better alternative to MMO (Im pretty sure this is the best site around), for those that want to say well there is an email from CC saying that hes got this that or the other and only 400 bucks guarantees u a spot when it works..................

FANTASTIC VIDEO!!!

Would it be Possible to show off some of the plugins we have, like show them in action, even briefly etc for people to visualize the usefulness of MQ

Thanks, and yes it's possible and that's ultimately my goal, but it's going to be a long and complicated process to do it. Since there are far too many plugins to do, if people had specific one's they trip over, it'd be easier to focus on those (such as Melee with holyshits/downshits). Glad to hear I'm on the right track though.

I feel the videos should not be made public/free. This would be one incentive for a new user to sub.

my 2cp

MMOBugs Intro Video

If this goes over well, I'll try to start doing more instructional videos on things by request as the community thinks we need it. Doing a video for every plugin is more than I can handle so by suggestion/request would be far easier.

Edit: I don't need to hear about how my voice is soothing and calming. I get it already.

Well done kodi. This is exactly what's needed. It'll help majorly with the more advanced plugins/macros.

Even though it's a test - Awesome job.

I feel the videos should not be made public/free. This would be one incentive for a new user to sub.

my 2cp

I don't have a ton of options here since it's public domain hosting... unless Fry magically creates a way to host/broadcast them that requires an MMOBugs login, which seems a tad silly.

Thanks for the feedback tho!

I'd say , seeing what you can get is more incentive to get it.

Fair enough, but maybe consider the more advanced tutorials, to be under lock and key. (if everything is free i dont see it as an incentive to get people to want to spend $.)

I'm just trying to toss ideas to assist you guys, but I'm sure you've probably already thought of these kind of scenarios. anyways, I appologize for seeming 'eager' to assist.

We all support the MMOBugs staff with whatever is decided.

in the end, to Fry and all Staff of MMOBugs, Thank you for the services and friendships that have been made over these last few years.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but maybe for the more advanced tutorials, maybe those could be under lock and key.

I'm just trying to toss ideas to assist you guys, but I'm sure you've probably already thought of these kind of scenarios. anyways, I appologize for seeming 'eager' to assist.

We all support the MMOBugs staff with whatever is decided.

in the end, to Fry and all Staff of MMOBugs, Thank you for the services and friendships that have been made over these last few years.

It's all good dude, we love the feedback and all the good suggestions. We're taking them all in I assure you. That's how the video idea came up in the first place (that and it was my day off). If we can figure out how to do it in-house I'd certainly prefer it lol but being that public hosting is my only option so far, it's how it will roll for now at least.

You sort of lost me on the 'do it in house vs the public hosting' maybe it's cause I smoked alittle too much heh.. but if you could explain, pretty please, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

You sort of lost me on the 'do it in house vs the public hosting' maybe it's cause I smoked alittle too much heh.. but if you could explain, pretty please, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

If we had a good way to keep the videos where it required an MMOBugs login to view them, it'd certainly be a neat option for members. Since it's public hosting, blip in this case, I don't have any control on who views it.

F2P acct using a featured plugin in action?

Not sure about enticing new players with marketplace since not sure that would attract a one month sub scammer, join rape folks and leave....

In a shrunk and shrinking EQ population u can still find an active knowledge base here for single toons, boxers and even some raid strat here and there?

Fry - I really hope I can get a response from you. I know there are 6 pages of feedback thus far and you may not be getting to every single post but I am taking the time to give you what you asked for.

I'm considering letting my subscription lapse after it fades this time around. I was doing 1 month subscriptions but recently did a 3 month subscription.

In order to keep me around here is what I would like (and again this is just a suggestion, obviously it is not a threat or anything). I'd like any plugin/macro that is available to a Lifetime member available to me. Or maybe you could consider Premium Members who have X months of subscriptions given access somehow. In other words, if I've subscribed for 10 months giving you a good chunk of income over time and consistently I get that access. One of the big things I would really like to have is MQ2Navigation.

I honestly don't know what is all available for a LifeTime member that would be USEFUL to me. I use an afk bot all the time and MoveUtils sucks when I get stuck on something. From my understanding Nav can help with that.

Anyways that is just my suggestion. I'd like access to all features if I'm going to continue paying a premium monthly price.

Thanks and good luck with the feedback!

Assuming this sampling of opinions is overall accurate, all I can take away from it, is I would be better served investing my time elsewhere.

htw

:(

My thanks includes you HTW. I'm sorry you have been made to feel this way. I'm almost 100% sure no one intended to make you feel like this with the suggestions given.

One thing I think you could do is offer some type of bonus for getting friends to join. I personally have gotten 4 people to join this site and I think one of them went lifetime. A lot of people in my guild use MQ in some form. 99% stay away from active stuff.

Which brings me to another point. For the most part. MQ is safe if you just make it do what a person would being doing if playing the toon. I think it is very important to go above and beyond to stress that fact so people feel "safer" using the non active things. A lot of people I am sure would enjoy using MQ and have someone else compile it for them. Funny enough one of the devs on MQ is in my guild and also one of the GMs is in my guild. Another funny fact is my GM friend is a big user of MQ too lol.

Also you could give out the bare bone compile for free, but make it login thru your mmoloader. That way you can get an idea of how many are using to see if its a good idea. By bare bone I mean just what you get from the download off the MQ site, so people could get a taste of what can be done.

there is validity to his post

its also a fact that some of the folks that have been here for a little longer than that, have enjoyed the benefits of being here and for me have a less skewed perception of why this is a great place to be, ie., warp zone gate arent safe for a while now, isnt the end of the world. I hope they come back safely at one point, but for me the lack of GK or ND (not that I rode that happy train to uberness), not coming back made me say F MQ ill play w out it....................................

The rest of the Plugins + Knowledge base = still has great value to me

Last I checked MQ2 was just given out as a source, Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the vast majority of folks that use MQ , cant compile their own, and most may not write or edit macros, and for those that want to get more out of melee than on off etc there are holyflags.........

I still would like to hear any suggestions about how to reach NEW users, ie strangers.

I volunteer for the server im on, a prize, for new members, once we get X ammt of new subs, a F2P lvl 90ish toon acct (class of your choice), Im a good PLr and relatively fast, maybe other guys that PL on other servers can do the same.

New sub here X ammt of cash, for a chance to get a 90ish toon (not gearing it or flagging it btw :p), and maybe once people get a taste of MMObugs theyll like what they see.

Again think we need a good idea to reach NEW folks, we cant sit in general or ooc and say go check it out............................

I'm sorry? So because I joined a year ago instead of 6 years ago, suddenly my opinion means nothing? Last time I checked, you and I are paying the same amount for the subscription.

But hey, maybe douche bag comments like that will totally increase population on here! It's certainly making me want to go compile my own MQ2 and do all the MMO bugs stuff by hand right now. So grats! Your elitist attitude has cost Fry another $15 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.