How to choose own target instead of first one in extended window?

snoopy3525

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something very simple here. Is there a way to disable how a player always chooses the first mob in the extended target window?

I turned on UseManualAssist and left it at 1, but that didn't do it. Figured it may be an option somewhere else?

Reactions: EQDAB
I am also interested in this question. I am using MQ2BOT and have my monk (in game roles) set up as the main assist and the mark npc. In all the INI files (server_charactername.ini), i have all the toons set up as

usemanualassist=0
assistname=monk

except for the monk who is set up as:

assistname=(blank, no name follows)
When I switch screens to check the other toons, it appears that the rest of the DPS assists the SK instead of the monk.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

snoopy3525, you could try putting your own name in, I haven't checked to see what that would do, e.g.:
Code:
UseManualAssist=1
AssistName=mymonkname

esadair, you need to do the same on your non-monk chars

Basically, in order to cause it to manually assist a char instead of xt, you need both UseManualAssist=1 and a valid character name to assist in AssistName=

• Love
Reactions: EQDAB and esadair
snoopy3525, you could try putting your own name in, I haven't checked to see what that would do, e.g.:
Code:
UseManualAssist=1
AssistName=mymonkname

esadair, you need to do the same on your non-monk chars

Basically, in order to cause it to manually assist a char instead of xt, you need both UseManualAssist=1 and a valid character name to assist in AssistName=
Thank you!! I will make the changes and give it a shot.

Actually,

I set UseManualAssist=1 and set the Assist name to the person I wanted to assist, and that didn't even work. I may be doing something wrong. I even turned bot off and back on to double check and nada.

I wonder if assist role needs to be set as well to the same person.

I have my SK as assist, MT, and puller - I set those roles in the group window. UseManualassist=0, AssistName=(Blank). My SK selects mobs, everyone else follows and assists him. My enchanter cycles through other mobs debuffing from DebuffAdds=1, and mezzing from UseMez=1, but only nukes/dots whatever the SK is currently working on. Also have all toons except for MA set their xtar 1 as MA's target.

Last edited:
I have my SK as assist, MT, and puller - I set those roles in the group window. UseManualassist=0, AssistName=(Blank). My SK selects mobs, everyone else follows and assists him. My enchanter cycles through other mobs debuffing from DebuffAdds=1, and mezzing from UseMez=1, but only nukes/dots whatever the SK is currently working on. Also have all toons except for MA set their xtar 1 as MA's target.

Indeed, that's the normal way. Unless I am misunderstanding, they want to have it let them change targets, and not stay on the XT1 slot target. I've not used it that way in the past, so not really done any testing to see if it works, so was just throwing out some ideas to help along and see if it would work.

sorry to beat this dead horse....

I have set up all the toons to assist the monk:

UseManualAssist=1
AssistName=mymonkname

In group, I have the monk set up as main assist and mark npc, but they still attack the number one mob in the extended window.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Wouldn't it be easier to just have each charater set the xtarget to groupassisttraget?

like get rid of

Code:
UseManualAssist=1
AssistName=mymonkname

and use

Code:
BotCommandsOn=/xtarget set 1 groupassisttarget

Reactions: esadair
Wouldn't it be easier to just have each charater set the xtarget to groupassisttraget?

like get rid of

Code:
UseManualAssist=1
AssistName=mymonkname

and use

Code:
BotCommandsOn=/xtarget set 1 groupassisttarget

I will give that a shot! Thank you so much!