How do you turn off that orange sys mem / eq mem text?

Better yet, how do you move it so that its not directly over part of the HUD?

/memi on/off if not mistaken.

http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2MMOBugs

someone updated wiki with it, took me awhile to find it when i was looking last week also

Commands

* /mmostatus Displays your login status.
* /mmoversion Shows the compile version info.
* /memindi Controls display of the memory information HUD.

Example Usage

This command will turn off the memory indicator.

* /memindi off

This command will turn on the memory indicator.

* /memindi on

This command will move the memory indicator to X=100 and Y=200 on your screen.

* /memindi 100,200

This command will reload your INI file.

* /memindi load

Ya, I put it in the wiki weeks ago. However, I can understand people not being familiar with how to use it, when determining what it is you want to find.

Not sure of where else to post it though lol... could always put it in the compile thread, but it don't belong.

On second thought, I will sticky this, hopefully that'll take care of it for people.

htw

I know it's super easy to do yourself, but would it be possible to have it default to being underneath the default HUD?

Thanks HTW. Yea it is easy its just the trick of finding what its called.

I know it's super easy to do yourself, but would it be possible to have it default to being underneath the default HUD?

Actually I don't think that it would due to everyone's hud being different. I don't know of anyone that uses the standard hud that comes with the compile. Most generally customize their hud to suit their character/play style.

My thinking was more along the lines of "the people that go to the trouble of customizing their HUD.ini would probably also be the people that don't need to ask how to move the memory indicator," saving htw from posting the same thing a few times hehe.

Actually I don't think that it would due to everyone's hud being different. I don't know of anyone that uses the standard hud that comes with the compile. Most generally customize their hud to suit their character/play style.

I would bet more than 90 % of the people here use the default hud.

Is there a way to disable the FPS indicator as well? I never had it with my own compile of MQ2. I've tried disabling almost all plugins except the very basics but the FPS indicator still won't go away. I even had MQ2Hud disabled and it was still there. Any ideas?

Thanks

Try /plugin mq2fps unload. If you're not using that plugin, then need to know if you're using ISBoxer or WinEQ2.

Yea I should have mentioned, I don't have mq2fps loaded. I do use wineq2, but I have the fps display disabled there. It only happens when I use the MQ2 compile from here. I thought it was coming from the loader, because I had MQ2 down to 4-5 plugins, none of which should have anything to do with FPS and it still would display it. As soon as I go back to my own compile, it goes away.

FPS display, is only going to come with:

- Inner Space
- WinEQ2
- MQ2FPS

No other option. It has to be one of those 3.

Since you say that you know you don't have MQ2FPS loading, and you use WinEQ2 as opposed to Inner Space, then that leaves WinEQ2. Do you have EQPN turned on in your options, or is it off?

That's all assuming you are sure it's the FPS indicator, and not the memory indicator.

Those are different options, with WinEQ2, as well as MQ2MMOBugs.

htw

I learned that I had to turn the fps indicator off AFTER I had loaded the game up. Annoyed me greatly until I figured it out. I know I told it to turn off before I loaded the game but it didn't recall what I told it to do for some reason. Guess it's saved to each profile which in turn is configured the first time you use it.

Not sure which one you guys are talking about. From what I recall, there is no way to just turn off the FPS indicator in WinEQ2 config/profiles, unless you just turn off EQPlayNice. You can turn off the memory indicator, but not FPS. If you turn off EQPN integration, that gets rid of the FPS indicator. Otherwise, you have to shut down WinEQ2, go to your WinEQ2 installation directory, edit EQPlayNice.ini, and change Indicator=1 to Indicator=0, then run WinEQ2. That lets you keep EQPN integration turned on, but with no FPS indicator.

htw

I finally figured this out. wineq2 does have a FPS setting under the eqplaynice section..and it was set to on. When I'd run EQ with just wineq2, or wineq2 and vanilla MQ2 it did not show the FPS though. Oddly enough, with the MQ2 compile from MMObugs the FPS started to show up. So, turning off FPS in wineq solved it. I just didn't realize it was wineq2 doing it, since it never showed the FPS on it's own.

Thanks for the replies.

r0rs

MQ2MMOBugs - MMOBugs Wiki

Commands

* /mmostatus Displays your login status.
* /mmoversion Shows the compile version info.
* /memindi Controls display of the memory information HUD.

Example Usage

This command will turn off the memory indicator.

* /memindi off

This command will turn on the memory indicator.

* /memindi on

This command will move the memory indicator to X=100 and Y=200 on your screen.

* /memindi 100,200

This command will reload your INI file.

* /memindi load

/memindi off no longer works and those damn memory displays cover up the hud clock which is the second reason why i use mq! =p