help with EQBCS disconnects

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
Ok so I don't know why I keep getting disconnected from the EQBCS server on all my toons, "remote connection lost" etc. I'm guessing it has something to do with to much spam in the EQBCS server but I'm not really sending that much information over it either. Maybe its netbots. I have 15-20 accounts up at any given time, but only 6-9 are spamming the server, while the others are just idle (i've tried disconnecting all the idle accounts from the server , that hasn't helped at all).

Anyone had issues with this and no of a fix. I've tried Xeniaz's server, but that has given me the same issue.

I'm thinking its related to netbots and dev's macs, cause I get disconnected from the server during combat than once combat ends get reconnected again.

Help!

I had a problem where a single netbots was causing the entire server to disconnect everyone. They would reconnect , couple seconds later disconnected.

I finally tracked the bug down to player/pet buffs. When there were too many buffs it would start the server disconnect issue. (sometimes)

I commented out all the player / pet bufs and the setup has been stable until about a week ago when I got a client failed to received ping. /bccmd quit, /bccmd reconnect would get things back running on the 1 of 6 clients.

I'm running code based off the stuff linked on the main site so these results are probably completely irrelevant.

By commenting out player/pet buffs do you mean announcing to the channel what is being cast? i.e "casting Buffx on PlayerA" etc.

Also, I see alot of people are having the same issue on the MQ forums, and it seems to be related to Netbots data overflow issues. A newer version of Netbots was posted on MQ forums to alleviate some of the issue, does MMObugs version of Netbots have those corrections?

Would it help if I unloaded Netbots/heals from the idle accounts?

http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12147&start=615
Hi Milten,

Some of us (those who box 6 or more, it seemed like) had lots of issues like this in the past, and it was traced to overflow issues due to too much data being passed by NetBots, flooding the server and it choked. Check the NetBots thread for the latest code, which eliminated many of the data elements that were being passed by bots - and compile the plugin, I suspect that will address your issue. Since thath NetBots "fix", I and others seem to not have the issue anymore... if needed, you can always modify the NetBots plugin code to selectively add a data type or two back in (I like to have my bots END show on my main character's HUD, for example - you'll see that many of the "old" extended data elenents are still in the code, just commented out). I hope that helps!!

And dkaa famously hates NetBots, so you should consider his solution as the most dramatic final option.

Good luck, let us know if that fixes you up...

Last edited:
I went in and removed the code that passes the actual spell buff messages. For those that have never delved into NetBots it basically builds a message like

Buff=193 348 581 384|HP=48742|MN=39458 ... etc.

And as the post above explains there may be a buffer overflow.

I keep thinking that I really should figure out why and fix it ... but ... that's kind of like sticking a fork in an electrical outlet. Its going to sting a bit.

Last edited:
Basically, you have to reduce the chatter going through the /bc channel. Using Pete's Bot Mac with verbose on even a couple of toons? =remote disconnect

Turn off everything? =never a single disconnect.

The eqbc server xeniaz made for us is pretty much ready for release, I can add it to the release/patcher if you guys want. I expect it will easily outperform the current oldass v1/v2 server code.

htw

I tried Xeniaz's for a good week and noticed the same disconnect issues mentioned above. I think its a 2 part problem, Netbots/heals and how they translate to EQBCS. With the core problem being netbots. I am 75% sure its this now after reading all the posts on the MQ2 forums with people experiencing the same issue.

Dev's bots seem to use Netbots/heals heavily is probably why I'm getting overloaded on EQBC is my guess. It only seems to occur after 5+ bots running, if I run 4 or less it doesn't disconnect me for quite a few days. With 6+ bots, its almost instantaneous on the disconnect every time they enter combat.

I'm going to try what Dewey said and use a .cpp which has buffs/pet buffs commented out.

I am almost positive ours has the pet buffs out, but not sure - also not sure about buffs, those are probably in there.

I think I am going to mod it tonight on our copy to allow each to be turned on/off via config, that way for those who can handle it still have the info if they want, and those who don't might get better performance.

I'm still going to use the new server, as that's part of the problem - the client needs some TLC also, but at least part of it will be resolved.

Between those 2, hope you guys get a smoother use of it.

htw

I tried Xeniaz's for a good week and noticed the same disconnect issues mentioned above. I think its a 2 part problem, Netbots/heals and how they translate to EQBCS. With the core problem being netbots. I am 75% sure its this now after reading all the posts on the MQ2 forums with people experiencing the same issue.

Dev's bots seem to use Netbots/heals heavily is probably why I'm getting overloaded on EQBC is my guess. It only seems to occur after 5+ bots running, if I run 4 or less it doesn't disconnect me for quite a few days. With 6+ bots, its almost instantaneous on the disconnect every time they enter combat.

I'm going to try what Dewey said and use a .cpp which has buffs/pet buffs commented out.

I don't think which bot you use really effects it. My bots don't send any extra information through EQBC unless you are using it as an announcing channel. If you have [General] UseEQBC=TRUE, it's going to make sure MQ2EQBC is loaded as well as MQ2NetBots, and it automatically turns on send and recieve in MQ2NetBots. You should see those disconnects even if you aren't running any bots and have the same options enabled. Netbots will send the same amount of information through whether a bot is running or not afaik.

HTW,

did you guys make any changes to the eqbc yet? Reason why I ask is this started working again and I didn't do anything different.

I don't think which bot you use really effects it. My bots don't send any extra information through EQBC unless you are using it as an announcing channel. If you have [General] UseEQBC=TRUE, it's going to make sure MQ2EQBC is loaded as well as MQ2NetBots, and it automatically turns on send and recieve in MQ2NetBots. You should see those disconnects even if you aren't running any bots and have the same options enabled. Netbots will send the same amount of information through whether a bot is running or not afaik.

Right its not a problem with your bots per se. But once you load 6 or more it creates quite a bit of heavy traffic. Running less than 4 I never experience the issue. I suppose I could do all commands through /groupsay, but I don't like that idea, incase they monitor chat logs.

I was getting a disconnect -> reconnect -> auto disconnect -> reconnect cycle.

My copy of MQ2NetBots was broadcasting spell buffs, songs and pet buffs. When I had a bard twisting and all buffed up I had 60-70 buffs. MQ2NetBots would try to send a message bigger than the 512 character size limit for the read buffer in MQ2EQBC.

I went through MQ2EQBC and made all the strings MAX_STRING ( 2048 bytes ) which so far has solved all my problems.

Check the MQ2NetBots thread on the MQ2 boards for the source.

Last edited:
I went through MQ2EQBC and made all the strings MAX_STRING ( 2048 bytes ) which so far has solved all my problems.

how or where do i do this? i am not finding the option and i too am getting instant disconnect/reconnect loop

how or where do i do this? i am not finding the option and i too am getting instant disconnect/reconnect loop

They just pushed a new EQBC today or should have it next update on patcher. That will have it fixed.