Group+x=Raid..

Kahlan2255

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

I was sitting here thinking. (about something i wanna do)

If i were to Take a Full Group, and add a player and a Merc and form a raid, How big of an Exp hit would i take?

I cant test this currently. I was hoping some one else had tried this.

-Purpose-
The idea for this came while i was thinking of a way i could PL my next toon. i have 4 accounts currently, and use 2 mercs. (if the exp difference is drastic the alt could not have his Merc, just dont know if the exp would change THAT much)

-So what im asking-
Would it be worth while for me to get the next account, Make my group into a Very small mini Raid, Or would the Change in Exp going from Group to Raid make this not worth while?

Thanks for any and all input, it is Greatly Appreciated!

I'm pretty sure mercs aren't allowed in raids, right? So either it wouldn't allow you to invite the group with the merc, or it would auto-suspend it on invite.

But let's say you made a mini-raid with no mercs... I still don't think this would overcome the substantial exp penalty. Raid exp is just awful (unless you're doing Showdown with lotd running hehe).

I'm pretty sure mercs aren't allowed in raids, right? So either it wouldn't allow you to invite the group with the merc, or it would auto-suspend it on invite.

But let's say you made a mini-raid with no mercs... I still don't think this would overcome the substantial exp penalty. Raid exp is just awful (unless you're doing Showdown with lotd running hehe).

Indeed mercs are not allowed in raids.

So you have 4 toons and you want a 5th? You could always just drop a merc, and have your 5 toons pluss one merc. That would seem to be the simple solutionl.

if you do anything that is a raid instanced the merc is auto booted ... IE DONs vish or simpler ones like trial or preserverance .. they are raid instances... and even if you only have a grp .. with a merc... the merc gets booted..

ARMY

Yeah for PLing purposes raids would completely suck, and like stated mercs aren't allowed in raid format or raid instances *and a few group instances*.

However, once the PLing is done just make 2 groups *not raid format* and have dps in one group and tank/slower and mercs in a group. It like raids old school, you have the KS group and everyone else there for the loot.