group make-up & MQ2bot questions

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I've got the following toons to choose from:

105 ranger , chanty, wiz, mage x2, beast x2, 100 cleric

The ranger is my main so he is a must. Chanty is a must for CC.

Options: ranger & chanty + w 2 cleric mercs (in TDS T3 - i have trouble when I use just 1 cleric) other places it's ok-ish.

wiz & mage; mage & beast; wiz & beast?

I'm not using mq2bot on all toons except ranger. Am I better off leveling up cleric and using botted cleric to heal, or keep merc cleric?

Anything special that I should set up to maximize botted cleric heals? Never really played a cleric.

Welcome opinions and advice.

First of all LOAD THE BOT PROGRAM !!! " as pete said: " This plugin should effectively use all AAs and memorized spells that you have available similar to a mercenary. Most melee settings other than the amount to melee at should be done via MQ2Melee. "

i have the same set up: 105 Cleric, 100 Ranger, 100 BST, and i can PLOW thru most content with /bot on running. load a merc tank < i know >, and a DPS merc or bring you wizzie, and another healer merc

go to some 85 to 90 zones and play around with /bot, (YOU WILL BE SURPRISED at what it can do) until you feel confiee, then level you cleric and BST doing daily from franklin teek and daily HA ( from COTF ) until they are 105

1. get all spells for each class
2. buy Rk. II spells shard
3. do TDS progression, so u can do TDS dailies
4. camp your guys near Armex TDS guy and before you do anything ( set a campfire), do his HA until named pops
5. drop mission
6. rinse and repeat until all toons geared with TDS gear

rinse and repeat for other ALTS

1. get all spells for each class
2. buy Rk. II spells shard
3. do TDS progression, so u can do TDS dailies
4. camp your guys near Armex TDS guy and before you do anything ( set a campfire), do his HA until named pops
5. drop mission
6. rinse and repeat until all toons geared with TDS gear

There are TDS dailies now? And which zone is Armex in?

I keep fucking up my posts with type-Os. I am using Mq2bot on ALL toons except the ranger. All are 105 except the cleric & all are flagged into Arx Mentis except the cleric.

I am in the same boat.

Came back into game, started getting my favorite classes PLd and now I am to a point where I may have enough to box a valid group.

You've got got everything but a tank there. Knight for AoE or Warrior for singles. IMHO because you have an ENC for CC, get a Warrior up and you will be solid. Nothing wrong with mercs, but with that you'll own group content.

Definitely not a knight if you go tank. If you are just going to be wearing group gear, your going to run into trouble tanking a knight class, warrior just decimates them at this.

Also, you could run more than 6 toons if your computer allows it....why stop at at less than 6.

Definitely not a knight if you go tank. If you are just going to be wearing group gear, your going to run into trouble tanking a knight class, warrior just decimates them at this.

Also, you could run more than 6 toons if your computer allows it....why stop at at less than 6.

why stop at less then 6 is easy. How many can you zone into a HA/Instance? If you have more then 6 guys you should have balanced group core that just swap out dps.

Yep. For regular zone stuff I often play 7 toons in 2 groups w mercs.

My question really applies to HA & group tasks in instanced zones.

What about pet tanks? Is there any way to get them to hold aggro?

Merc tanks get eaten up in TDS T2 & T3.

I havent played TDS at all. my guys are all 100.. but i ran a 2 mag + 1 nec + priest + casters/bard as a pet tank group and beat most boxable content prior to TDS. the only named that gave problems were the huge AE nuke ones. My pets tanked better than my knights (group gear no augs, not gold status) most the time.