MQ2Bot - Tank switch to adds?

Zepheris

Reaction score
Its been a very long time since I've played EQ and just getting back into the game. I've been wanting to try botting a few toons and have been trying to understand MQ2Bots limitations. This is my setup.

I have tank that as marked at tank. My second character is a Beastlord. I'm using a merc healer. All characters are around level 10.

So far the bot plugin will pick up on one mob and stick to it until its dead, then it will pick up another the mob and continue.

The problem is when the cleric merc heals, all of the adds rush to the cleric. I've seen the tank merc behavior where when an add comes in, it will move to the add and stick to it until it is dead. I'm trying to see if I can get the same functionality from MQ2bot. Either that or suggestions on how to command the tank to move to an add and pick it up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Zeph

Last edited:
Just saw this post about setting the extended target 1 as main assist and then setting the tank as main assist. I'm not sure if this is what is need, but I created more questions, :)
Tanking Adds

I've been basically setting the tank as Main Tank and the beastlord as main assist. Should I be adjusting the extended targets list to help the plugin?

I'm sorry if this all seems common sense. I wasn't able to find many examples online how this should be setup.

-Zeph

Last edited:
I set the MT as the MT and MA. This will make the MT stay on 1 mob and not break mez and off tank adds. Also, If I turn off bot and play manually, and switch targets, the group will also switch targets to assist the MT.

I see. So the bot plugin doesn't have any logic to switch target when an add starts to attack one of the group.
Based on your information, if I had that situation, I'd need to disable the bot on the tank and tell it (or control it) to move to another target. That should be easy enough. Thanks for the help!

-Zeph

setting tank extended target to 1 makes it so the tank wont pick up targets at all for me so i always leave it to auto :(

I see. So the bot plugin doesn't have any logic to switch target when an add starts to attack one of the group.
Based on your information, if I had that situation, I'd need to disable the bot on the tank and tell it (or control it) to move to another target. That should be easy enough. Thanks for the help!

-Zeph

That is my experience yes.

setting tank extended target to 1 makes it so the tank wont pick up targets at all for me so i always leave it to auto :(

I set the group role to MT/MA and the Ext Target 1 to MA Target. I think setting the tank role to MT tells bot to taunt ect. if you do not use Melee. The author of the plugin could elaborate.

All I know is now that I switched the ext target to 1, the tank no longer breaks mez.

I set the group role to MT/MA and the Ext Target 1 to MA Target. I think setting the tank role to MT tells bot to taunt ect. if you do not use Melee. The author of the plugin could elaborate.

All I know is now that I switched the ext target to 1, the tank no longer breaks mez.

Thanks for the Help, wwarwolf. I'll try out your suggestions.

seems that mq2melee is not a friend of mq2bot when tanking
ill have to play with it more
ive lived and died by down and holyflags forever will be sad if it has to be that way