Graphic anomalies in eq

nbkanvz

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just recently reinstalled eq and I am getting sometimes glitchy character models. It seems to only happen at times with alt tab and at the character generator screen. I tried to roll back to a few different versions of nvidia drivers and it still seems to do it. I don't experience this glitch in any other games.

I am running on Windows 7 64 bit. System stats are as follows:

EVGA 790i ftw
(tri-sli) EVGA GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition - currently running 190.62
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 overclocked to 3.8ghz
Super Talent ddr3 1600 running at 7-7-7-21 1.9v

As I said I run other games such as crysis, dragonage, sf4 with no issues. Any thoughts? I have googled it as well as searched the forums and tried a few fixes even turning AA off. Still no help.

Just recently reinstalled eq and I am getting sometimes glitchy character models. It seems to only happen at times with alt tab and at the character generator screen. I tried to roll back to a few different versions of nvidia drivers and it still seems to do it. I don't experience this glitch in any other games.

What exactly do you see happening with the models? It sounds like whatever is happening has to do with the preferences on EQs side. Have you tried playing around with the old /new models and other options on the patcher? I can't imagine what else it could be unless Windows 7 itself has something doing it.

I am running on Windows 7 64 bit. System stats are as follows:

EVGA 790i ftw
(tri-sli) EVGA GeForce GTX 280 SSC Edition - currently running 190.62
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 overclocked to 3.8ghz
Super Talent ddr3 1600 running at 7-7-7-21 1.9v

As I said I run other games such as crysis, dragonage, sf4 with no issues. Any thoughts? I have googled it as well as searched the forums and tried a few fixes even turning AA off. Still no help.

I have had this same issue after jacking around with the "new" gfx settings from time to time the models would be un rendered for a little while it was quite strange

Agreed, make sure you don't have "use least memory" or somesuch. That can cause glitches...

I have some graphic anomalies as well with my character avatars. For me, my main character runs around butt naked. If anyone had questions about characters being anatomically correct, I can assure you the females are, but not the males. Somewhere along the line, it appears that the male characters had their package removed.

Reminds me of a glitch i found on a troll once. If you squatted in a certain place in the guild hall it would make his primary slot weapon stick straight out of his crotch. Had a lot of fun with that.

I tried all the help and then I decided to do an uninstall and reinstall and that seems to have helped. Maybe I just had a corrupted install.

/shrug

Thanks again for the ideas.

This thread reminded me of an OOOOOOLD screenshot that my ex took when she was doing a rez for a guy. One of the weird things in EQ, I guess.

EDIT to add: Oh and I have two more images she took of this.. it definitely wasn't a spell effect or anything like that.

Attachments

• Weird.jpg
    Weird.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
This thread reminded me of an OOOOOOLD screenshot that my ex took when she was doing a rez for a guy. One of the weird things in EQ, I guess.

EDIT to add: Oh and I have two more images she took of this.. it definitely wasn't a spell effect or anything like that.

That means someones changed illusions in that spot while infusioned. You wanna see some serious anomoly check this out. It happened vs Xygoz in Veeshan's Peak. I think he fears or banishes or something. I got warped to this room.

Attachments

• catface.jpg
    catface.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 22
I have seen that room before. I heard, although can't confirm, that it was used as the "time out" room by GMs sometimes. When I saw it was just after Kunark released and we were in Befallen. I forget how we got to it though.. fell through the world and ended up there or something like that.