Goodbye slow dsl

Yeah 50GB is fuck all. I'm usually halfway through it within the first few days. Especially when my ISP gives us free usenet access.

Forgot to mention, i pay £20 a month for mine ($35 ish), and i have no sucky download limit

734945013.png

I'm a cheater, though.

I have a question on this - when I run Speedtest - my laptop which is on a wireless comes back at 20.79 download, 4.16 upload. My desktop, which is ethernet into the same wireless router is 8.79 download, and 4.78 upload. Why would that be?

i think i posted that right...

yeah i used to think mine was really slow till seeing some in here. I think all internet should be on fiber optics its not like it cost them more since the lines are already run near my house to let me use it..assholes, want to charge you more for the same service just a different line they laid is retarded imo.

Not sure how accurate this is, might be pinging my second router in other room. Still they were down more than up the first few weeks I moved so they get 3 outta 5 :) and upspeed sucks. I hate Time Warner, but in New York City it's them or NOTHING.

Last edited:

Not sure how accurate this is, might be pinging my second router in other room. Still they were down more than up the first few weeks I moved so they get 3 outta 5 :) and upspeed sucks. I hate Time Warner, but in New York City it's them or NOTHING.

Did some tweaking and this is the latest.

Wicked, it looks like you guys are relatively close. Are you sure you can't get service through nbkanvz's provider?

Wicked, it looks like you guys are relatively close. Are you sure you can't get service through nbkanvz's provider?

Actually Time Warner and Cablevision are pretty much one and the same in the New York Area. Cablevision covers areas that Time Warner doesn't like Bronx, etc. Although when I had Cablevision I did like them a bit better and the rates were a bit lower. You can't choose in NYC. It's Time Warner or move out of NYC.