gina not working with MQ loaded

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was warned I would be dropped from raiding for too many emote failures and it turned out Gina was not functioning.
I MQ2 tolerant friend just spent an hour trying to figure it out abd eventually can to the conclusion that MQ@ some how blocks some log entries that Gina uses.

I am horribly not technical and don't know more or completely understand what I just posted

Reactions: EQDAB
That is really odd.

When you turn "/log on" the EQ client starts writing each line of 'stuff' you see in your chat windows to a file.

GINA reads from that log file and compares each "trigger" against every line of chat.

In order for MQ to "mess" that up, if would have to either block the chat messages or change the format of the messages so they no longer match.

I don't know of any MQ plugins which would do either thing.

I was warned I would be dropped from raiding for too many emote failures and it turned out Gina was not functioning.
I MQ2 tolerant friend just spent an hour trying to figure it out abd eventually can to the conclusion that MQ@ some how blocks some log entries that Gina uses.

I am horribly not technical and don't know more or completely understand what I just posted
That is really odd.

When you turn "/log on" the EQ client starts writing each line of 'stuff' you see in your chat windows to a file.

GINA reads from that log file and compares each "trigger" against every line of chat.

In order for MQ to "mess" that up, if would have to either block the chat messages or change the format of the messages so they no longer match.

I don't know of any MQ plugins which would do either thing.
it appears to selectively delete some log entries we assume for account security but only a dev would know

Could you list your plugins?

/plugin list
MQ2BOT
MQ2MELEE
MQ2MOVEUTILS
MW2TIMESTAMP
MQ2TARGETS
mq2pluginman
mq2mmofastmem
mq2map
mq2languages
mq2hud
mq2eqbc
mq2chatwnd
mq2autodestroy
mq2mmobugs

I would guess timestamp messing with something in the formatting of text somehow