Pulling Paladin/Bot Macro not working

idontknowshrug

Reaction score
So about a week ago I resubscribed. I've been trying to figure out my macros but they aren't working and I need some help. I'm relatively new and not very tech-macro-friendly... They worked before I had to put a new SSD in. I copied everything over, but now when I go to start them up I just get a million errors. So basically I am paying for my sub but I'm not even playing without the macros/bot working, so... I kinda feel like I just pooped $15.00 away lol. =(

I have read over the forums, but I'm getting confused. And yeah, I tried the older compile that Fry posted, but again it's nothing but errors so I guess I drastically missed something when I copied/pasted over.

I was using the bot macro. Back when I made the macros for the various chars in the group, I typed in a command, edited some settings, and then started flying high. Problem is that I don't remember what command I typed in =P. Again, I really just need the paladin working. IDC much about the others. Once I get him working, I am sure I can figure out how to make the others "go".

Any help please? I'd prefer to DM/PM the macros if you want to see them... Or does anyone have a working and pulling paladin macro out there?

Thanks <3

Last edited:
So about a week ago I resubscribed. I've been trying to figure out my macros but they aren't working and I need some help. I'm relatively new and not very tech-macro-friendly... They worked before I had to put a new SSD in. I copied everything over, but now when I go to start them up I just get a million errors. So basically I am paying for my sub but I'm not even playing without the macros/bot working, so... I kinda feel like I just pooped $15.00 away lol. =(

I have read over the forums, but I'm getting confused. And yeah, I tried the older compile that Fry posted, but again it's nothing but errors so I guess I drastically missed something when I copied/pasted over.

I was using the bot macro. Back when I made the macros for the various chars in the group, I typed in a command, edited some settings, and then started flying high. Problem is that I don't remember what command I typed in =P. Again, I really just need the paladin working. IDC much about the others. Once I get him working, I am sure I can figure out how to make the others "go".

Any help please? I'd prefer to DM/PM the macros if you want to see them... Or does anyone have a working and pulling paladin macro out there?

Thanks <3

Who maintains the macro in question?

I could try looking at it if it's a personal macro, but you have to post it here.

Thanks <3

I could try looking at it if it's a personal macro, but you have to post it here.

It's just with the bot macro. The only reason I don't want to post it is it has my chars names in it and I don't want to miss one. I can PM it it you.

Thanks <3

It's just with the bot macro. The only reason I don't want to post it is it has my chars names in it and I don't want to miss one. I can PM it it you.

Not sure how long you've been away. bot.mac is not functioning anymore and the original updater has created a plugin MQ2Bot which can be accessed Via /plugin mq2bot and then type /bot on which will generate INI settings in your Character_Server.ini file in \macroquest2 folder where you would put your [MQ2Melee] changes/ini setting such as your holyshits/downshits. That entry will allow you to adjust the behavior of the plugin.

Alternately as a work in progress me and 40oz (as well as others from the community such as poly/nightmare) have been working on a variation of bot.mac called bot40.mac with a lot of the changes corrected, however it still has some bugs in it that we are trying to work out. We need more people to use the macro and report the issues in order for us to get them all ironed out.

MQ2Bot has a wiki. MQ2Bot - MMOBugs Wiki

MQ2Bot was made by the original creator of bot.mac PeteSampras and he encourages users to update from the macro to the plugin.

Being as Bot40.mac is an updated version of bot.mac there is no sense in trying to get that copy of bot to work. If you prefer the macro then look at bo40.mac thread ~ Bot.mac Updates and Bug Fixes by [40oz]