Ghostkill Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeZero

Reaction score
Is it possible we could get a forum competely dedicated to ghostkilling? I was getting pretty bored of EQ, and came across a ghostkill plugin, and ever since then, I've been loving it.

Would be nice to know what mobs people are ghosting, what mobs people found to be unghostable, etc...I know KenetixEQ has a forum for this, and I have access to it, but I like this forum a lot better, guys are cooler here, people are nicer, they actually care if you get banned, and overall....you guys just rock.

If there is another forum around here or perhaps a post dedicated to ghosting, can you point me in that direction? Honestly, would like to see a forum like your "raid strats" forum, except have a list of ghostable mobs.

NegativeZero said:
Is it possible we could get a forum competely dedicated to ghostkilling? I was getting pretty bored of EQ, and came across a ghostkill plugin, and ever since then, I've been loving it.

Would be nice to know what mobs people are ghosting, what mobs people found to be unghostable, etc...I know KenetixEQ has a forum for this, and I have access to it, but I like this forum a lot better, guys are cooler here, people are nicer, they actually care if you get banned, and overall....you guys just rock.

If there is another forum around here or perhaps a post dedicated to ghosting, can you point me in that direction? Honestly, would like to see a forum like your "raid strats" forum, except have a list of ghostable mobs.
I don't think a ghostkilling forum is a good idea for one reason. Ghosting is one of the many things that brings unneeded attention to MQ2. A ghostkilling forum would help do that. Maybe in the lifetime membership forum... but.. In general EDIT: Forum, I'd say no (That's not saying it won't happed though).

Last edited:
Aibohphobia said:
I don't think a ghostkilling forum is a good idea for one reason. Ghosting is one of the many things that brings unneeded attention to MQ2. A ghostkilling forum would help do that. Maybe in the lifetime membership forum... but.. In general, I'd say no (That's not saying it won't happed though).

Yeah I have to agree there. Would be better to keep what mobs you are ghosting secret. Why would you want to share it with others if all it will do is draw more attention to where you are? I know I hate it when someone zones in and the first thing they do is scan what everyone else is doing (seems like everyone is MQ'ing these days). I usually /gate soon as I see someone zone into a zone I am ghosting...hence why I usually stick to instances mostly.

I'm really surprised ghosting has lasted this long. The main reason the DLL hasn't even been released outside of the lifetime members is because we know it's going to attract some big bans as soon as sony sees some big raid mobs being taken down by a single character.

The expansion is just around the corner, let's see what crack downs that brings since sony will be pushing out alot of patches again. If ghoster's are still untouched we'll think about releasing more information on ghosting. I do think though as soon as we do this it will draw big attention to the problems it can create and make even more problems for the MQ2 community.

This is really a touchy subject.

Fry.

Not to mention the outright morons that have access to this. Using this tool is one thing, but doing it in a senseable manner is necessary. Example. My guild was raiding the Relic dragons. Can't remember which one example, wanna say it was the rikky 2.0 one. Anyways, we clear, get set up to engage, then a 69 ranger pops up and aggro's the dragon. He then proceeds to try to ghostkill the dragon with my entire guild watching. I was in disbelief at what I was watching. Not only did he try ghostkilling it with an entire raid watching, he continued doing it for about 15 minutes, until people in my guild started sending him tells. This is the danger that runs along with a tool this powerful. This is just one example of how it can get into the wrong hands. My vote would be to keep it like it is. There's already enough attention drawn by the not so smart crowd of MQ'rs out there, I'd hate to see what kinds of attention they'd get with a powerful tool like this.

Not too long ago I was exping in an open zone and someone started ghosting the trash mobs my box group was killing... just another example of why this shouldn't be public, and honestly shouldn't even be sold to the public. There were at least a dozen split second visible warps into my camp before I called the guy on it. I didn't report the guy, but I'm sure GM-Darwin will catch up to him eventually.

agree

I too have seen the same... and even watch people go afk using gk, and the macro is still running as you see them auto facing etc.. and they're afk outside vxed, or in pok, it is ridiculous!

Not to mention the outright morons that have access to this. Using this tool is one thing, but doing it in a senseable manner is necessary. Example. My guild was raiding the Relic dragons. Can't remember which one example, wanna say it was the rikky 2.0 one. Anyways, we clear, get set up to engage, then a 69 ranger pops up and aggro's the dragon. He then proceeds to try to ghostkill the dragon with my entire guild watching. I was in disbelief at what I was watching. Not only did he try ghostkilling it with an entire raid watching, he continued doing it for about 15 minutes, until people in my guild started sending him tells. This is the danger that runs along with a tool this powerful. This is just one example of how it can get into the wrong hands. My vote would be to keep it like it is. There's already enough attention drawn by the not so smart crowd of MQ'rs out there, I'd hate to see what kinds of attention they'd get with a powerful tool like this.

omg talk about an idiot i hope that ranger got banned

Status
Not open for further replies.