Getting Started

Mophios

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am returning to EQ after being gone and back several times roughly little less than a year since my last break. Before I was boxing War Mnk and Shm with no addition programs.

This time around I am going to try for a 6 box crew on test, SK, Bard, Clr, Ench, Wiz, and Mag. Been reading through and not really seeing where or if I this would be helpful for me. All toons are just test buffed to lvl 25 at the momment. Any direction or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have some non specific advice:

1. Learn your tools.
- MQ2 can make your characters use any skill, ability, disc, etc.
- Each of the automation tool has things you can turn on or off. Learn how.

2. Plan ahead and make a hotkey on your main to get your team to:
- Attack your mob
- Stop attacking any mob
- Follow you, preferable with invis and/or double invis
- Stop following you

3. Know what is happening
- Get used to watching your map so you know where your characters are
- Use an HUD or other method to know what your characters are doing

I usually tell people the very first thing they should do is read through the various getting started wiki's, followed by the MQ2 macro, and then the plugin section, pay close attention to:

- MQ2MoveUtils
- MQ2Melee
- MQ2Map
- MQ2EQBC
- MQ2NetBots

At which time they cry out .. "I can't possibly remember all that! I just want to box a group!" ... to which I reply, you get out what you put in. The more time you spend understanding your tools, the better you will be able to make your characters perform the way you want them to, rather than how whoever coded the default options choose to play.

Good luck. The journey of a lifetime begins with a single step.

Unable to open up posts in the Cheat and Guide forum. Think this is a new issue since the update last night. Can I just keep using this thread for questions or best to make new post each time?

Feel free to keep using this one while we work through the issues. Especially if it is in the same realm of "returning player." Permissions to the shoutbox located at the top of the forums should be working again too. You could try asking some quick questions there too, if you think the answers would be short.

Reactions: Mophios
Hihi, any news on Win7 users bug for MQ2Launch?
Arph

Anyone happen to know anyone over in the Macroquest2.com forums? Are they still an active thing? Did my donation and still havnt been added to VIP group. Saw that as a recommended site on here earlier so figured would see what that was all about. The muleeq email address returns emails as undeliverable.

Anyone happen to know anyone over in the Macroquest2.com forums? Are they still an active thing? Did my donation and still havnt been added to VIP group. Saw that as a recommended site on here earlier so figured would see what that was all about. The muleeq email address returns emails as undeliverable.

The site is still somewhat active, you should get your vip within 48 hours. If not you'll need to contact EQMule. Hes in discord sometimes or you can private message him via MacroQuest2.com might be your best shot at catching him.

Reactions: EQDAB
EQMule is active on Twitter.

Reactions: EQDAB