Gearing characters

Zelgaddis

Reaction score
Im in the process of trying to gear out a couple of lvl 65+ chars that are naked with no skills etc. So I had a few questions

Where is the best place to level defense?

Where can I look to find easily attainable gear for this level of char?

Id like to get the war to the point that he can actually tank things around RSS without my cleric having a coronary

griegsend is a good place to level defense. Low level, low max hit, and you can have like 10 of them hitting you at a time without taking much damage.

Baz is your best place to start with gear since your toons are naked. GM gear really is way over powered for tanks. The high ac is great, and you have the option for lastblood augs. I don't know if you raid with your main, but most guilds rot last blood augs to twinks.

obviously you gear the warrior first. Camp his augs first. camp any gear upgrades for him first. it sucks, but that is life. Honestly, in baz gear, you can tank RSS without much issue.

Grand Master gear - made by smiths - cultural-oriented - has 3 spots for augs.

According to deity and race...

So, any idea how much its going to cost to gear up these chars? 4 Total now, obviously the most is going to be spent on the warrior.

This is starting to look VERY daunting

Depends on your server, but GM gear (changed to Elaborate I think?) can cost over 100k a piece...but like I said, all depends on supply and demand.

hmm

And not only costly but I can tell you Druzzil Ro sucks ass for buying cultural armour....noone seems to make it except for a few races.

After looking around at armor choices, I honestly think my best bet is to gear up the war first using the orux that I have now and just keep gearing up the chars through the new expansion. 220ish hp/mana isnt bad stuff at all.

Orux gear is nice, so that's a good choice as well.

Ya Dro does blow for prices, tis why I'm trying to work on skillz to make my own lol

Some of the TSS armor is easy to get also. Most carry over 200hp/mana. You can also sit in Valdeholm and loot rot items there alot. Powersources for the TSS armor also rot alot.

Another great idea is buying up all of the ebon or radiant crystals you can find (they're cheap) and buying the DoN armor. Its great to start out with, 130ish HP/Mana isnt bad for how cheap it is. From there what im going to do is start running DoN instances, and gear up there for a few weeks. Then, after that hit TSS armor or the Orux armor stuff, but most likely the Orux armor seeing as how i'll need the spells anyways.

EDIT

And you can grab yourself Axe of the Barbarian king for your war. Great agro wep. Keeping a log of what I find now just for my own reference, if not for others.