Gambosoft

Kkthnx

Will Save Teh Day!
Reaction score
Where did it go? What happened? Does anyone have a copy of the parser?

MQ2DPSAdv

Answer my own question!

/bonk self :eek:

MQ2DPSAdv will, but doesn't save any info (like between sessions or anything, historical data).

That's about all I know of. A couple of others that are just for the 1 fight, like MQ2DPS and MQ2MMODPS.

htw

EQ needs better chat filters so we can get more accurate parses of some things such as healing, heal over time, and damage over time.

Plus filtering out some of that aura spam (bard heal aura), useless damage over time (necro and sk self mana regen buff) etc would be nice too.

Sure I'm missing quite a few others, those were the ones to come to mind at the moment.

Is that plugin any good in terms of accuracy compared to gamparse? Even gamparse is not that accurate as there is no way of discerning things like if a wizard nukes for 150k on a mob that has 10 hp etc, but that is a limitation of EQ chat filters, not gamparse, but it does translate into accuracy etc. Or things like Finishing Blow, Decap, Assassinate, Headshot etc on last few % of the mob always throw things off.

I seem to remember some parser which you could modify to ignore things like Finishing Blow.

On the other hand, if a wiz crits 150k on a mob with 10hps that doesn't change the fact that the wiz was CAPABLE of that kind of dps. I don't see that as the same thing myself...

Over time it will make no difference as you'd record a string mob fights, but an individual fight that makes a difference, Monk hits mob for 1000 , wizard hits for 250k, and the mob only has 10 hp, that makes a difference in recording dps. Its not a problem with the parsers but the way EQ chat filters are.

There is an option in Gamparse to suppress finishing blows/pulling. How ever they work.

Over time it will make no difference as you'd record a string mob fights, but an individual fight that makes a difference, Monk hits mob for 1000 , wizard hits for 250k, and the mob only has 10 hp, that makes a difference in recording dps. Its not a problem with the parsers but the way EQ chat filters are.

Not trying to be difficult here but I still don't see the effective difference. Difference in what respect?

Wizard does 250k dps vs monk doing 1000 dps, thats what the parse would show.

Edit: Well even that is wrong cause only one would get the mob dead if it had 10 hp, so lets say for our purpose the mob had 3000 hit points to allow both to get damage done on the mob. This becomes pretty apparent when you have add fights on raids where the add mobs don't have alot of hp, and you can see wizards parsing flamboyantly high while a necro might only get 1 dot cast before the mob is dead. Even if you add up the total of 25 mobs adds that have low hp on a raid, the picture is going to look like the necro was afk.

Last edited:
I like MQ2DPSADV, but it'd be a lot better if it also had a timer for how long a fight took.