fish.mac or fishing.mac

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I find both in my macro folder but I am not clever enough to find any info on them to know which to use.

fish.mac looks like it works in any fishing spot, and once a pole is broken or bait is depleted it simply ends. It also doesn't gate if you get aggro as it states in the start.

The fishing.mac appears it is only able to run in specific spot in abysmal sea, but it will replace broken rods and if it runs out of bait it will go and buy more.
It also has an fishing.ini so you can set the max skill as well as it has a path location array.

I've been using the fish.mac and it's great, but fishing poles break frequently, so I can't just /mac fish and walk away...for long.

I see the fishing.mac will summon a fishing pole if you have the Fisherman's Companion and as mentioned will walk your account over to buy more bait, but this only works in Abysmal Sea.

Can this be modified to not include buying any bait, but still use the Fisherman's Companion and work in any zone? Or even better, use Anizok's Bait despensor? Regardless, I can always load up on so much bait that it'd take many hours before the bait runs out, but the fishing pole could break in the first minute I walk away.

edit: Fish2.mac from this thread http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/194144-post3.html works for using the Fisherman's Companion, although I had to delete out the skills check and PC check and have whatever bag Fisherman's Companion is in, open. Not sure about the bait portion, still need to work my tinker up to make an Anizok bait dispenser and see if I can just change the name in this mac from bait bucket to Anizok for it to use the item.

Last edited:
It does have the FakeSkill option, so you don't have to comment out the skill check. I.e., putting: FakeSkill=1 in the ini

You could replace the lines that call /notify with /useitem instead.
Don't see why you can't use your Anizok for summoning bait once you have it, by changing the two lines:
/if (${FindItemCount[=Hargar Brand Fishing Pail]}>0) {
/nomodkey /ctrl /itemnotify ${FindItem[=Hargar Brand Fishing Pail].InvSlot} Rightmouseup

To check if you have that, and then /useitem on it.

I think. :)

htw

How do you load it?

I came to the website today to ask if there is a fishing plugin out there and saw this thread. For someone who doesn't use very many of MQ2's features and doesn't really understand how it all works, can someone explain to me how I make the Fishing.mac work? I have no idea how to load the .mac files to make them go. Thanks.

I came to the website today to ask if there is a fishing plugin out there and saw this thread. For someone who doesn't use very many of MQ2's features and doesn't really understand how it all works, can someone explain to me how I make the Fishing.mac work? I have no idea how to load the .mac files to make them go. Thanks.

Do

/macro fishing

Ingame to run the macro.

Fishing

I tried fishing this morning, kept getting the “put your fishing pole in your hand” error. Didn’t really have time to mess with it. Anyone else having the same problem?

i think i used the fish vs fishing

also used both bought fishing poles and fishing companion

w the bought fishing poles put a pole in your hand go stand near water

btw do this in RoS OT (when u are maxed those fish can be used to make nice cloaks, look up conflagrant amice on allah)

anyways once u have a pole in our hand and are near water

type /macro fish

make sure you have some space to keep the crap you catch, if the macro does not destroy the sandals and rusty dagger, consider using autodestroy plugin (unless u need even more help figuring that out)

got from 1 to 300 using this macro and got plenty (too many) fish to make the new conflagrant shoulders and cloak for my toons