Feasible box groups?

o0L33T0o

MASTER OF THE PUPPETS
Reaction score
Hey guys looking at feasible boxed groups for doing TDS progression and next expansion group progression etc.

Have not done much progression boxed for TDS etc.

Wondering if it is an ok setup to have a caster based group with nec/mag/x and some mercS? such as healer and dps mercs?

Or is a tank really needed? Just building a 3-4 char box team, and wondering what would be good toons to go for. I kind of want wiz and nec, but if it is not a feasible option i will swap out.

Opinions? ideas? Will not be raid geared etc. at best T3 group TDS geared atm.

Enchanter, Magex2, Wizard, and 2 mercs got me through the entire TDS expansion for the most part. I used 2 mages just in case one pet died due to a bad round or something.

How were named with that? Assuming two healer mercs? Chanter for cc and slow? Shaman not possible substitute?

Cheers

How were named with that? Assuming two healer mercs? Chanter for cc and slow? Shaman not possible substitute?

Cheers
Any healer can sub for merc. Mercs suck comparatively, or at least did last time i played.

True however I am limited to 3-4 actual toons

Shaman can go ahead and substitute, but I think you'll be losing a bit in terms of DPS. The enchanter aura's will increase the caster DPS significantly, while the shaman buffs would be beneficial primarily to the pets.

I think the Wiz, Mage x 2, Ench suggestion above is probably one of your best bets if you're only using 4 characters max.

you have the ench pull in this case?

you have the ench pull in this case?

Absolutely. Between pacify and mezzes, you can control the pulls to your liking. Also, keep the mercs associated with either the mages or wiz, that way you're getting hit once, having the merc heal you and then stealing aggro.

For a smooth engage, you can always have a generic /bca assist //bca pet attack hotkey so the mage pets engage once you arrive with the mob(s) in tow.

Just how I'd go about it :)

My Team,

mage X2 // necro // shaman .........2 healer mercs

How do you caster based groups go on t3 named?