/fade

memphis

Reaction score
Anyone else had stuff vanish off their pointers when /fading ?

Like...important stuff necessary in middle of mind-numbingly long quests?

My question is...is this a legitimate EQ error, and it would have vanished if I'd evac'd....or is it some kind of MQ error and only happens to people that have a /fade button ?

Wanting to know before I get too hostile with the GM's...

Specifically, I've got one item on the pointer....something I have to have on the pointer when hailing someone so he'll give me something....and the thing he gives me is 'behind' the item on the pointer so when I bag the item on the pointer, the item he gave me will now be on the pointer....but if I /fade before I bag the item....the 2nd item is gone...

you run the chance of losing any item not in main Cursor slot when you zone. Cursor can hold up to 20 items but when you zone, i think you only keep first.

Easy fix: Don't zone with stuff on your cursor. Fade is just zoning you to the same zone, same loc. Just autoinventory before you fade.

Well I could also just stand there and die and keep the quest loot, which I'd prefer to do over escaping alive and losing it...

Problem is...its done.

(sigh)

Thanks for responses, now at least I know there's a bug there.

This all you really need to do you can clear your cursor in about .2 seconds even with 5-10 items on cursor
Code:
/call fade

Sub Fade
:Fade
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /goto :Fade
/fade
/return

could all that be put on a hotkey? or must it be added to/made into a macro? the original post appears like the problem was not caused by part of a macro but by actually using the /fade command manually. was thinking if it must be a macro it could be called using a hotkey:

/end macro
/mac fade

obviously the end macro would be just in case another macro was already running. everything should be nearly as fast as using evac button.

If you start a new macro with one running, it will end the other one. No need to /endm

its in Sub Forum so you can just slap it into your other macro.

Well I just type /fade when I have to...dunno how to code...

well then ghetto hotkey it is

/fade

well then ghetto hotkey it is

/fade
For ghetto, ditch the IFs and just do the autoinv. Really though, just frickin make that a mac, then use a hotkey for FADE that is /mac fade...it's not hard. Or, set up an alias that triggers the mac when you /fade...

FadeCheck.mac:
Code:
Sub Main
:loop
/autoinv
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /goto :loop
/fade
/return

Then do this once:
Code:
/alias /fadec /mac FadeCheck

From then on, just use /fadec to fade, and you'll drop all your cursor stuff in inventory, then fade.