Fade well a legit way of doing it

o0L33T0o

MASTER OF THE PUPPETS
Reaction score
hi just been screwin around and I noticed /q auto removes you from the zone same as fade Im sure they will fix it soon still if your getting smashes /q and around 3 seconds your zoned out

its not like when you got LD and get smashed it lasts like 3 seconds

it works well when you have bulk agro

hi just been screwin around and I noticed /q auto removes you from the zone same as fade Im sure they will fix it soon still if your getting smashes /q and around 3 seconds your zoned out

What?

What?

attack a mob get agro if your about to die do /q you will quit out to log in screen log back in and you will not be dead depending on how much damage you take it works better for pet classes or mercs

in the past if you did /q you would go link dead and like time out take around few mins for you to be kicked from the server by that time you get owned by mob

There's no chance of them changing that. When you /q, the server sees you as going LD and kicks your toon. SOE won't be taking that out due to the fact that not all of their customers have a reliable high speed internet connection. Sadly, there are some areas that still only offer dial up, or worse, the satellite shit that dies when a cloud blocks the LOS from the dish to the tower.

maybe OP was auto running when he /q,

so the server kept him "running" in the same direction until it booted him from the world?

meh, it's only 2cp

Hmm... it's exploitative but it sure has a lot more potential than that. It looks to be the rough equivalent of evac and it's instant. Except of course you have to log back in. Death isn't close to the PITA it used to be but you do still need to run back, rez and rebuff and for a boxer suffering a complete group wipeout that's some downtime. Not sure I'd put THIS into my regular bag of tricks but for that rare OMGMYWHOLEBOXGROUPISABOUTTOWIPE moment it has a purpose methinks---especially if your evac-capable (using the AA) toons are greyed out on their instant evacs.

I'm a bit confused about dulak's response. The issue is whether /quit still keeps you in-game long enough to die to a mob, thereby eliminating the potential advantage of an instant exit. The OP seems to feel this has changed where now the exit IS indeed instant. Hasn't /quit always put you at risk to be pummelled to death by a mob prior to exiting?

I do remember once upon a time when a melee toon went LD during combat they'd sometimes fight insanely fast until they "vanished." One guildie in particular this used to happen to (maybe on dialup) and we used to joke that on really tough fights he should pull his router cable kinda like a short-term super-haste.

Haven't seen that happen in ages, either cuz they fixed this or dialup is mostly just a memory.

Last edited: