EQBC Newb

chudwick

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for any lack of knowledge and understanding i am about to display. That being said I want to start using EQBC to run my boxes. I use one PC to run up to 5 accounts. My PC runs Windows 8.1. I am unable to connect to the default server IP and/or port provided by EQBC. I ran ipconfig and I tried using my IPv4 address, still will not connect. So what do I do now?
Do I download and install Windows Server 2003 Resources Kit tools as I have seen linked a few places? Is there a newer kit for suited to Windows 8.1, i only ask this because when installing WS2003RK a message popped up about compatibility with my operating system.
There's been mention of changing the port and checking my Firewall. There is where I am going to need some hand-holding and jargon free assistance. After posting I will be "Googling" how to view my firewall. I've already tried to google changing my router/modem port not much info there other "ya thats what you do, if you have to" which is not helpful.

Make sure you are running EQBCS.exe as admin with all elevated permissions.

I'd disable all anti-virus on computer too.

Then I'd do "/bccmd connect localhost" ingame, on the computer running EQBCS, and that should connect.

If that doesn't connect, then there is a permissions issue your going to have to figure out.

If it connects, then try connecting via IP address (From ipconfig) with other computer (If your trying to use more than one computer)

Let me know how it goes.

I wasn't starting the client. You did mention that in the wiki but as my client wasnt named like yours so i missed the connection so long story short, I am in. thank you.

Last edited:
I've made plenty of hotkeys already I really like this EQBC, I only have one or two more questions.

1.) Is there a way I can say /bca //use hotbarbutton1? Which is my activate all my char's assist hotkeys.
If not I see on the wiki there multiline commands can be made, i've never
had any luck getting that to actually work (in the case of holy/down shits)

2.) In the case of a buddy I helped get set up using EQBC, he has two PCs, where I only use one, is there away to get the two PCs to join into a custom made client or virtual server on one of the machines? I don't recall seeing that discussed on the wiki, but I see in the interface window an option for password so I get the feeling you can. I will be re-reading the wiki page just to make sure it's not discussed there. But any info would be appreciated.
After some actual thought into this I am guessing this could be as simple as getting IP address of one machine and having the second connect to it?

Last edited:
/bca //keypress 1 would make each character push '1' and initiate whatever hotkey that is for you.

Yes to your second question, but I've never looked into it myself. Just know you can.

I've made plenty of hotkeys already I really like this EQBC, I only have one or two more questions.

2.) In the case of a buddy I helped get set up using EQBC, he has two PCs, where I only use one, is there away to get the two PCs to join into a custom made client or virtual server on one of the machines? I don't recall seeing that discussed on the wiki, but I see in the interface window an option for password so I get the feeling you can. I will be re-reading the wiki page just to make sure it's not discussed there. But any info would be appreciated.
After some actual thought into this I am guessing this could be as simple as getting IP address of one machine and having the second connect to it?

I controlled characters from Afghanistan that were on a computer in the US using EQBCS, here's the headache, I mean rundown.

By default EQBCS configuration shows the port 2112 as the port used for EQBCS connections.

With that said you will have to either be familiar with port forwarding or be able to find information based on your routers model/type for instructions on how to setup port forwarding and establishing a static IP for the PC that runs the connection. For a person to connect they would use /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 or localhost if they are the computer hosting EQBCS. However, if connecting from another computer inside the same network (in the same home) they can use the computers LOCAL Ip address which might be 192.168.0.* where * is the last number in the IP address of the computer hosting the EQBCS server. Connecting from within the same network will not require port forwarding, but port should be specified, Example: /bccmd connect 192.168.0.22 2112

Now having an outside computer connect to your computer's EQBCS requires the effort of establishing the port forwarding to the IP address of the hosting computer and making the hosting computer always have the same local IP Address (static) so that when an outside source sends a request to your homes IP address at the port 2112, it will route that request to the computer hosting the EQBCS server. To get your own IP address you can use My IP Information - WhatIsMyIP.com(R) to find your own IP Address. Mine is an IPV6 address, I'm unsure if EQBCS supports this, but I'm not having computers connect from the outside anymore. but the idea is the same, once Port Forwarding is setup to forward port 2112 to the STATIC ip address assigned to the hosting computer then have the external computer type /bccmd connect 215.123.124.001 2112, (Obviously that is an example IP Address as I don't know yours and I'm not giving you mine) this should send the request to your computer, where your EQBCS server should receive it and accept it. NOW you can send and receive commands from the external computer.

hotkeys to consider
/bca //target ${Me}
/bca //follow
/bca //keypress 1-9, if using different setups for different characters you can set each character to run a different macro and assign those macros to run by hitting the same hotkey for each character. IE: /bca //keypress 1 tells all characters other than the one sending the command to press hotkey 1, the hotkey for character a will /assist tank, character b will /mac bardbot, character....you get the idea.
/bca //bc ${Me.Exp}
/bca //bc ${Me.AAExp} (Shows Exp out of 330, so might be 321, which is out of 330)
if using a macro that creates variables such as my Pull.mac, and while using MQ2Nav plugin then on the puller type /bca //nav loc ${CampY} ${CampX} ${CampZ}

I hope I didn't make your brain explode. Good luck.

Last edited:
sorry for the late reply i took an EQ break for awhile, thanks for the information!