EQ/MQ2 issues - crashing or other - Suggestions

I disabled all but the required plugins and /zone still instantly CTD. It worked the day before it was updated to fix a CTD issue.
I don't think so, as there has been no update to it since EQ patch day. However, I did use your dump file and changed the way a full zone name dump is done, use mmoloader to update MQ2PiggyZone and give it a try.

htw

Crashing CoTF

Ok so were having an issue with instance in Deadhills and crashing. This has been recreated several times before I posted here and it has happen to like 4 people in the same instance with MQ running at the time of zoning in. The last 3 heroic missions in Deadhills Excavating the Answer and The Descending the Tower when you click on the ladder to get in you crash. Everything looks normal and then the screen just hangs. If you simply use the task manager to quit eq and MQ and try to relog in without a restart it will crash again as well. The only way to fix it is to restart the computer fresh and then go in and start MQ after you get in the mission.

I dont have an issue getting in the instance without MQ running I never crashed but with it BOOM CTD and reboot the system or you wont get in. This happened on a computer running WinXP/Win7 and Win8 so I dont think it is a windows issue as much as something inside MQ crashing it out. Not a big issue really I just know if I am doing those missions I restart my computer and go in and start MQ there. I was just letting anyone having issues or who isnt there yet it is happening.

crashing

not sure whats up but i was recently trying out a melee ability, and issues a /killthis and crashed instantly no dump report or anything, so i turned off the ability i was trying and logged back in and was fine for a bit till i crashed again but this time it was in the middle of attacks. But like i said no crash report just a crash no error and killed that eq instance.

Just came back.

I noticed that /beep wasn't working. Not sure if it's an issue on my end or not.

Hi all

I am crashing everyday...I log in and crash when zoning (mainly into POK)

I am also crashing when in the GL and doing nothing (AFK)

Sent bug reports for all of them, HTW please let me know if there is something I need to do to stop the crashes....

Thanks

Some of yours I can't do anything with (the dumps are 0 bytes), but the ones I can, show crashes in eq/dx9, not mq2 directly. There are a few threads with search on here on some ideas for you to try to help resolve it.

htw

Thanks

I will do a search for DX9 and see what I can find....

Will it help if I send the larger file from the bug window?

Last edited:
Thanks

I will do a search for DX9 and see what I can find....

Will it help if I send the larger file from the bug window?
Probably not, as I won't have the .pdb files related to the EQ dll's or video driver dll's.

htw

I've been having a strange issue with frame rate lately. I finally spent some time tonight trying to track it down

If I load up EQ inside InnerSpace like I always do, with no mmobugs loaded, sitting in the guild hall I'll average between 50 and 60 (what I have set as max) FPS.

If I load mmobugs at this point, within 30 seconds of it loading, not moving or anything, it drops down to 20fps.

I spent a while unloading and loading plugins to see, but no luck in figuring out where the cause was. Here is my plugin list

Code:
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] Active Plugins
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] --------------------------
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2nomountmodels
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2netbots
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2navigation
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2moveutils
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2mmotlo
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2mmofastmem
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2melee
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2map
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2log
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2gmcheck
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2exchange
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2eqbugfix
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2eqbc
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2debuffs
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2chatwnd
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2cecho
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2cast
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2bzsrch
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2autogroup
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2advpath
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] mq2mmobugs
[2015/10/08 23:03:52] 21 Plugins displayed.

besides loading nothing but like, mq2chatwnd and mq2mmobugs and mq2mmotlo and going from there, is there anything else I can try to help debug this?

Windows 8.1 64bit, Nvidia driver 355.82, GTX690, 16GB ram, i7-2600k@3.4ghz, really shouldn't be an issue to run this game at 60fps all the time.

I've been having a strange issue with frame rate lately. ... is there anything else I can try to help debug this?

You can make a copy of your macroquest.ini file and quickly disable say the first half of the plugins. Then try the other half. Shouldn't take long to isolate which is causing an issue.

You've already done the hard part, which is figuring out how to replicate the problem.

I've been having a strange issue with frame rate lately. ... is there anything else I can try to help debug this?

You can make a copy of your macroquest.ini file and quickly disable say the first half of the plugins. Then try the other half. Shouldn't take long to isolate which is causing an issue.

You've already done the hard part, which is figuring out how to replicate the problem.

Well you went and jinxed it. Now I can't recreate the issue. Stripped MQ2 down to 3 plugins (mmotlo, mmobugs, chatwnd) and added em one at a time, the only drop I got was about 5 from MQ2GMCheck

I'll keep an eye on it. I was mostly posting in hopes there was a known issue with like X plugin and nvidia cards or something goofy.

I was having FPS issues as well with this compile loaded. Unloaded Autologin seems to have fixed it.

MQ2Warp

The command /warp t(arget) doesn't work, it just warps you to succor.

/sumcorpse also does not appear to work. It reports MQ2Reachit:: Dragged 'xxxxx' but the corpse doesn't actually get summoned, just sitting where it was.

Last edited:
The command /warp t(arget) doesn't work, it just warps you to succor.

/sumcorpse also does not appear to work. It reports MQ2Reachit:: Dragged 'xxxxx' but the corpse doesn't actually get summoned, just sitting where it was.

MovePacket hasn't been updated yet, Fry posted in another thread

5/18/16

Crashing when inspecting items from advanced loot tool. Consistent several times in a row.

Reactions: snoopy3525
Thanks for the report, fixed in MQ2-201605182.zip

eq system memory

Is there a way to increase the base 2GB system memory allotted to EQ? I've noticed with 32GB's of ram that I will have about 72% of my ram available. However, all of my 4-6 boxes share the same 2GB system memory.

Once the text goes from blue to yellow or about 20% system memory my accounts start crashing either in the same zone. Or upon zoning.

I've been browsing the forums for solutions and even Google and have been unsuccessful so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to increase the base 2GB system memory allotted to EQ? I've noticed with 32GB's of ram that I will have about 72% of my ram available. However, all of my 4-6 boxes share the same 2GB system memory.

Check to see if the warning is about your GPU. With 32 GB of ram you shouldn't have any problems.

Each process has 2 GB of virtual memory. As it uses that memory real memory is reserved for that process to use.

Each instance of EQ should be using between 800 and 950 GB of ram so if you are six boxes expect total system ram to use about 6 GB for EQ and maybe another 1 GB for the system.

There was a thread recently about minimizing the GPU/RAM load for EQ alts. You might give that a try. Takes some getting used to running around with all stick figures :)

Appreciate the help. I wouldn't mind if eq wanted 4G per box if it meant I would never crash lol.

Wish I could increase the min max alloted I guess is what I meant to say.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

freeze ups

What's causing these random freeze ups? They happened a bit while they were testing the no box server and they happen every night now. They only happen when MQ2 is loaded.