EQ/MQ2 issues - crashing or other - Suggestions

What's causing these random freeze ups? They happened a bit while they were testing the no box server and they happen every night now. They only happen when MQ2 is loaded.

Does it come out of it after a few seconds? That might be the plugin that verifies your protected. If so they are working to reduce the freeze up time of that.

is it legal?

About 10 yrs ago, they tried scanning our memory processes and had to stop it. Are they allowed to be scanning us on the blue servers?

Terrible effects since last patch of MMOBugs

Since last update of MMO-Bugs the whole box crew (7 accounts on 2 computers, Win7, Win10) got kick 3 times in a row sporadically (not ALL at once but always at fighting stage step by step another toon kicked, Lceanium).
Then the best came: the whole crew warped into oblivion somewhere (looked like House of Thule zone Feerott). After that a keyboard didnt worked and some message came up like "i have no premium service" with some DLLs claiming I have no subscription - but I have on and I am paying the last months.

I then kicked MMO-Bugs and compiled Macroquest myself again and tested it with the current version on macroquest2.com. No problems, worked like a charm.

I don't want to risk my accounts only because some strange warping routine goes haywire. The critical ones were deactivated except that nice ultrafast loading of the spell list. I don't have a problem to pay for a tool and this nice feature and the time safed to always modfy and compile MQ2 for different systems is worth the money. But it should never risk my accounts with strange warping code.

Any clues at moment? Is this only the current one?

We currently have a few crash issues we are trying to resolve, I'm about to patch two of them. Nothing MQ2 will warp you to across zones or to other zones without issuing a command to do so. I'm not quite sure why your subscription said it expired, this should only happen if you lose connection with the login server for a few hours.

I am digging step by step into the issue.

At moment I run Macroquest2 with my own old compile. Updated all necessary plugins and it works quite well (of course without these nice gems which makes MMOBugs so charming).

I had to recover one toon which had a complete keyboard reset (old layout).
It seemed to not be a warp, perhaps it was a kind of keyboard issue because the Druid teleported half of the group onto his teleport bind and the Bst was not accessable with the other keyboard anymore (this happend on two systems). But no real keyboard command has been done for porting (middle of the fight). So the hotbuttons have gone haywire and something must have triggered it.

I am using ISBoxer in connection with Macroquest and now there are 13 toons running around without problem. Even have now my old combo with two different EQBC channels on two different systems running at the same time without problem.

Lceanium had so far some issues with overloaded system. Perhaps some kind of connection to this, I will see.

Perhaps another one:
/load <spellist>
has always the problem that even if lists are there it says: cannot load list.
I have to delete and resave it then it works. I don't know if the issue is EQ, MQ2 or ISBoxer. Perhaps somebody has an idea about that. It is really annoying to buff all manually and load these lists manually. Sometimes (without MQ2/ISBoxer) it happened that the same filename has been safed and it created it a second time. Changed the rights for files to be completely open to everything because SSDs have some strange behavior in Win7/10. Did not change anything.

Waiting on the next update for MMOBugs, thanks meanwhile ;)

tested cause of my particular crashing.

I had been experiencing issues with my zerker bot crashing so, I focused on what would be the cause. I sat and watched what it does at what times, seems the culprit for this is odd, since I have been having issues with characters hitting geometry at certain times would crash. I was watching more closely, there is the odd various times when a door would close between my active character and myself and they would get stuck so that crash would occur. It is odd that is happening since I do not have MQ2AdvPath loaded at all. Brings me back to what seems to be the cause of my zerker bot constantly crashing after attack, it is only him that crashes on the full group of 6 characters running around as well. When MQ2Bot/MQ2Melee hits the skill battle leap he obviously launches up in the air, and being a large race inside a small space (new droga) he would hit the ceiling everytime and would crash out. I turned off battle leap and turned /bot on and he was fine no crashes at all. Once battle leap goes back on crash everytime again to the point it makes using that character useless.
Seems something with MQ2Bot and Z-axis positioning is getting really confused or something, this is my best guess, I could be completely wrong since I am not a programmer, and am only a novice coder.

I have since used the 11/19 compile and now turning off battle leap on zerker with /bot on makes no difference anymore and crashes everytime like before.

Last edited:
I had been experiencing issues with my zerker bot crashing so, I focused on what would be the cause. I sat and watched what it does at what times, seems the culprit for this is odd, since I have been having issues with characters hitting geometry at certain times would crash. I was watching more closely, there is the odd various times when a door would close between my active character and myself and they would get stuck so that crash would occur. It is odd that is happening since I do not have MQ2AdvPath loaded at all. Brings me back to what seems to be the cause of my zerker bot constantly crashing after attack, it is only him that crashes on the full group of 6 characters running around as well. When MQ2Bot/MQ2Melee hits the skill battle leap he obviously launches up in the air, and being a large race inside a small space (new droga) he would hit the ceiling everytime and would crash out. I turned off battle leap and turned /bot on and he was fine no crashes at all. Once battle leap goes back on crash everytime again to the point it makes using that character useless.
Seems something with MQ2Bot and Z-axis positioning is getting really confused or something, this is my best guess, I could be completely wrong since I am not a programmer, and am only a novice coder.

I have since used the 11/19 compile and now turning off battle leap on zerker with /bot on makes no difference anymore and crashes everytime like before.

I was actually looking at your crash yesterday Tharpzar. If I remember correctly it was being caused by spell ranks for zerker in mq2main. Keep submitting crashes and hopefully we can figure it out.

I will keep sending them as they happen, not sure if it will help but turned on alot of the show ability, AA, special

So hopefully when a crash does happen again it will log it to the dump.

Could it be the zerker lvl 100 ability phantom assailant Rk. II (melee swarm pet)

The reason why I ask is because before the expansion came out I remember the zerker would use this ability constantly with MQ2Bot on. But, now I have yet to see him use this since all the crashes started. I remember previous posts by others saying their pet spells were all messed up and a new compile had to be made to correct this issue. I could be wrong, though since I had turned off UsePet=0 and it made no difference. But, the zerker when he has been running I have yet to see him use this ability.

11/20 I am posting this after last nights post.

I noticed something really odd with the zerker when watching his MQ2 command window. It was going for lack of a better word crazy. It did not seem to be going through the regular systematic commands like the other characters running MQ2Bot. Every time it would go to use an ability/discipline, it would return a really strange values and kept point to mostly MQ2Cast and sometimes MQ2Melee. What it would say is the ability/disc that it was trying to use and then point to the corresponding plugin and would say "Ready>/Not Ready". This was happening at a scary fast pace, to where it was scrolling like mad and could barely keep up watching what it was saying. Is there a way to log what commands were running so maybe perhaps it will give some insight to what is happening?

Last edited:
update

I was just trying MQ2Bot solo on the zerker and for some strange reason it runs just fine when alone and not grouped. When grouped though that same crash happens when it attacks, happened earlier on this afternoon (submitted crash dumps).

One piece of good news is that when having zerker running either grouped or solo, his MQ2 command window is not constantly scrolling with the odd errors it was doing before, it is at least seemingly behaving properly there.

I was just trying MQ2Bot solo on the zerker and for some strange reason it runs just fine when alone and not grouped. When grouped though that same crash happens when it attacks, happened earlier on this afternoon (submitted crash dumps).

One piece of good news is that when having zerker running either grouped or solo, his MQ2 command window is not constantly scrolling with the odd errors it was doing before, it is at least seemingly behaving properly there.

There is something up with Berserker spell ranks. I was praying that fixing other issues would resolve this one too. Keep submitting crash reports and I'll dig further into the problem.

crashes since EoK

I meanwhile can say that the crashes happening always when MMOBugs is active for a specific amount of time and always at start of a fight.

Yesterday I started with a fight and got immediatly crashes. Step by step one and another of the 7 toons got kicked. Pissed I complete /quit all tasks, quit MQ/MMO, Inner Circle, IsBoxer and restarted it.

Kicked MQ2Bots, MQ2DoCrack (didnt used it whatsoever)

It worked for about 4h, no single problem. Then I did not camp out. Sat around for a couple of hours.

Then I restarted again. Casted over EQBC spells (OK), moved together, used /stick (OK), loaded spelllists (worked OK), zoned into instance with /bca //say (OK), started the first fight: taskkick/crash.

I had to completely set up all 7 toons
- stupid /load error with two not loadable lists (delete and save manually)
- lalala... i really hate that manual crap
- restart everything
- it works again for some hours...

Crashes Source found

ok.. after playing around with the plugins I could circle it around:

MQ2EQBugFix
MQ2Filterset

I assume that it is more the EQBugFix, but since disabling them I had no single crash which normally happened when having about 7-8h active system.

If somebody encounters crashes check these plugins.

odd zerker behavior...

Sorry to get bring about what I was hoping was a dead topic.

Fry, you have done an awesome job, as well as the rest of you that have gotten the zerker crashing issue under control. My zerker runs great and does not crash at all anymore, I just noticed something odd though.
I do not think the zerker is using much in the way of combat abilities/disciplines. His endurance is always full, I just noticed this last night (5/12/16). This not being a major deal like the crashing issue was, when you all have some spare time which is probably not much with all the other problems you are all trying to fix. Could you all take a look at MQ2Bot or MQ2Melee. I started to make sure all the sections for MQ2Bot to use is in the ini file for it and have done minor adjustments to try and get this to work so far everything else I have done with it has worked fine so far. It just does not seem to be using those combat skills/disciplines.

Thanks For Your Time Guys

Mq2melee has a major sticking issue after new install file ran

It seems that since I downloaded the new installer that mq2melee now makes the chars run away after assisting and killing the mob. I have no clue where they are trying to go but they are sticking to something and even with stickbreak is on I cannot get them back to the group.

Since new build

I was down from Hurricane Irma for almost 4 days, before everything worked just fine. I come back, download new update and while trying to load my character sets from ISBoxer (with MQ2 running), MQ2 keeps crashing out. Not even fully logged in just when each instance of EQ is started by ISBoxer. Sometimes after the first character account is loaded, sometimes, after the 4th or 5th is loaded up. Not really sure what has changed from the last build (8/19) to the new 9/14 build. The only workaround that has been figured out is to load All accounts with ISBoxer first, then once fully logged into each account, then load MQ2, but that creates a whole new set of issues for me. For instance pluginman does not load properly I have to use /loadskin to get it to load no big deal. EQBC is not working, and I have to manually connect each character to EQBC (even though they are all set to auto-connect), and also the mybuttons plugin does not load properly either it shows all buttons as "unknown" even when I tell it to re-read the ini it does nothing to update the buttons labels.

/target not working properly?

It seems like /target isn't working properly in Toskirak...seemed to work fine all night, I was doing Slayer achievs and only needed certain mobs but when I got to Toskirak and attempted to /target elven (an elven slave) even if I was pretty much standing on top of the mob it wouldn't target it.

NM..i figured it out..there are a bunch of dead 'an elven slave' lying around the zone that are untargetable.../target works fine.

LOL Sounds like 1999 all over again ...

Anyone try all the steps listed to fix the crashing and get no more crashing...? Iv tried all the steps and still zone crashing alot...

Yea I remember where almost every zone crashed you, :mad: (with JUST Everquest running). Or at best it was a l-o-n-g wait. Trust me so much is better now. :rolleyes:

one of my char keeps crashing on zoning warrior not sure why?

I had a large mesh file for a large zone that I made that was super precise, it ended up being like a 180mb file. It caused all of my characters to crash on zone. Simply deleting the mesh or rebuilding the mesh to be much smaller fixed my issue.

The reason you're getting a snowball's throw of a guess is because you provided no information for us to help you. Based on your post I know only that you are a warrior and that you crash when you zone. I don't know if it is every time you zone and if it is into any zone or from/to a specific zone. I don't know what plugins you use which can be found using /plugin list, I don't know what you have attempted to try and correct the issue or if you've recently loaded a new plugin.

Some of the things you can try. Unload plugins 1 by 1 until you stop crashing. Try removing the last one you loaded using /plugin mq2pluginName and then try to zone. This is a slow and annoying process. Alternately you can remove all non-base plugins (typically they won't really unload if you unload it, or they will immediately turn themselves back on if you do initiate the unload command on them. You can unload plugins by doing
Code:
/plugin mq2pluginName unload

Are you running a macro when the crash occurs?

Try it with another character. Does it happen on all characters?

Try a different zone, if you crash when zoning to a zone and log back in stuck in the zone you were trying to leave try using origin, gate, or teleport spell of some sort to leave the zone.