EQ Landmark Alpha starts tonight

I almost got a founders pack, but i just can't see myself playing the game that is strictly dedicated to crafting.

maybe I'm wrong, and I don't see the full potential of the game.

I'm thinking I'll probably do my usual thing I do in game editors like hammer. Try to recreate old freeport, fail, and quit :cool:. Excited to try anyway.

I almost got a founders pack, but i just can't see myself playing the game that is strictly dedicated to crafting.

maybe I'm wrong, and I don't see the full potential of the game.

Yeah I wish I paid more attention before I ordered the Founders... Istaria is enough of a crafting game for me, I don't see myself getting into another.

God damnit Reggie Ray!

Wife and I are in. Looking forward to it. We had a lot of fun with Minecraft and expect some similar things.

How did you get in? I never get invited for beta tests. :(

Is it cool?

Its an alpha, not a beta. Only way to get into alpha is to pay SOE. Beta you can get invited to by someone with alpha access or wait till they randomly choose beta participants.

NDA is down. The servers went through some shit last night so expect some info today. They have allowed streaming so if you want to see what the game is about, look for some streams later today on Twitch and YT and Justin probably.

Last edited:
How did you get in? I never get invited for beta tests. :(

Is it cool?

Its an alpha, not a beta. Only way to get into alpha is to pay SOE. Beta you can get invited to by someone with alpha access or wait till they randomly choose beta participants.

I don't want to count how much money I've given them, or how many Fan Faires I attended, or the Founders pack I bought months ago! WTF!

Mullet hate crime /sue

The biggest crime here is your avatar pic, and I think you know this...

anyone have an idea what this is and how to fix it i sent in petition but they said they were behind by alot so no telling when they will get back to me....i have never ran into this before on any game.

Unable to launch D:/Program Files/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest Next Landmark/EverQuestNextLandmark64.exe - 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Your running 32bit version of windows, where the exe is set up for 64 bit version of windows.

The alpha requires 64bit OS no way around that for now (the game will not require it) on release. You can email support for a refund of your pack.

Ah thought he tweeted the opposite. Smart move honestly MS is stopping support for xp soon and all future OSs wont even include a 32 bit version.

The biggest crime here is your avatar pic, and I think you know this...

Win!

Not just the Alpha anymore. Landmark and EQNext will be 64bit only.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eqn...eads/we-are-a-64-bit-os-game-officially.9497/

So I was prompted upon logging in to make a forum name. I did. It finalized. Does this mean I am in like Flynt or what?

Oh I see now ... interesting. Man, I hope this isn't all crafting wtf. I was totally hoping to make another Eddie Murphy Erudite Magician.

Damn this game looks like WoW and Horizons (now Istaria) fucked and had a kid. I dunno mang. All of these CAD-like tools are kinda fancy, and being able to build is pretty sweet, but WHERE IS THE LOOT!?

Not feelin it bruh, not feelin it. Sadface. Time to troll their forums and read up on the latest and gretest.

Oh I see now ... Landmark is their standalone build craft game while regular Next is their adventure mmo? They say you can bridge between the two games ... sounds ... cool but wtf. Does that mean then that you'll be in and out of two different style games to accommodate each other? Hmm. Both are stand alone, that could be cool I guess ... a market to gap the two, as I know some people like nothing but to craft shit and others just like to camp mobs. So many questions!

Oh I see now ... Landmark is their standalone build craft game while regular Next is their adventure mmo? They say you can bridge between the two games ... sounds ... cool but wtf. Does that mean then that you'll be in and out of two different style games to accommodate each other? Hmm. Both are stand alone, that could be cool I guess ... a market to gap the two, as I know some people like nothing but to craft shit and others just like to camp mobs. So many questions!

You can save what you build in EQN:L and people can buy it and you get a %. Also if SOE uses it in EQN you get paid.