EQ Classic Server

looks like a bunch of drama queens from looking at the forum.. I doubt it will remotely see any daylight..

It's always been full of drama, yet the project continues despite that. I don't think they will have a problem getting it going with time.

Drama Queenery is applicable here. I used to read their forums just to marvel at the sheer nastiness of the developers toward their own potential customer base. I mean you could practically get your IP address banned from participating forever just for asking what they have against multi-boxing.

I'd bet a buck or two that that project never goes live...

yeah

Love and hope for the concept. If it launched with clout and was the real deal Id actually even pay to participate. But I'll second SiegeTank's opinion. This is dead as a door nail.

Yep. Earned myself a ban on those forums ages ago after hundreds of posts for pretty much no reason. That project is just a way for the 'developers' to draw attention to themselves.

I have access to the server, and it is tugging along. It's playable, and imo better than your normal eqemu servers. It still has a shit ton of things that need fixing, and they'll take some time, but their current head dev is committed to the end. Even if it means making his own personal server.

Try googling eqemulator.net. I believe that's the right one. I used it for quite a while and it was ok. Not something to write home about. So far I'd have to say one of the best emulators for EQ is the Shards of Dalayla. And I probably spelled that wrong lol.