EQ Classic Server

Smarty

I R Der Fer I Is
Reaction score
Looks as if some individuals are going to have a try at created a classic server, using an old Velious client. I wish they'd use the Titanium client. Not looking forward to having to fix MQ to work with the client. :mad: Maybe someone has an archived MQ source from way back then. :D

http://www.eqclassic.org/

Oh snap, that would be awesome if they get it running. Was macroquest out for classic EQ? I've played for years, but didn't find out about MQ untill 4-5 years ago.

MQ2 came out in SoL if not mistaken. SoV was still MQ1

You must have it cached.

Though this site isn't new... They have been working on eqclassic for a year or two now. This is an actual rebuild and not an 'emulator' pre-compile of sorts.

Attachments

• eqclassic.JPG
    eqclassic.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 79
I know the one of the guys creating it.
Basically Sony cracked down on them and are doing all they can to keep it from happening. It's so early in the process though, Sony is going after the server that doesn't even exist yet. EQC can easily change the domain and project name still.
Not to worry, they have the best lawyers that no money can buy!

Currently, it's just an annoyance, and encouraging them to work harder at it.

I hope your right, its the last hope for my intrest in playing eq casually :D

Quote from the site today:

Site down until further notice.

It seems like we have run into a road block along the way of development. Simply put, many aspects of the site will be down due to legal issues which are currently being resolved. Feel free to stop by the forums to stay in touch. Note: The forums are currently down but will be put up in the next few days. Please know that the old forum posts are 100% safe and have not been removed for good, only temporarily. Also, please feel free to stop into IRC and talk with others about classic EQ, but please do not ask about the circumstances that we are currently facing or discuss our project. We thank the EQC community for its support through this all and we will let you know as soon as things have been resolved. Thank you.

-EQClassic Team

I just saw this today Was wondering if anybody had the inside scoop?

I posted the inside scoop.
I got it directly from one of the devs before their official post (they used to play EQ with me back on Tarew)
Not much else yet besides that.

U still sure its around? site is completely blank these days.

That's the whole point.
The EQC is still so early in it's development.
Sony closed the site. Nothing else.

Well that sucks if SOE keeps them from getting this classic server going.. woulda been a blast playing on it.

Well that sucks if SOE keeps them from getting this classic server going.. woulda been a blast playing on it.

Site up or down, Yeahlight has always been workin on it. I've logged into their server and alot of things work, and they work very well. They now have a patcher to to help any existing copy of eq to work for their server. All in all it will one day be open; however, with only one dev putting forth alot of effort it will take some time to come out.

www.pwnedemu.com

Uses titanium edition client and works with EMU login accounts.

Classic style server with a progression based expansion release.

they just has a fresh roll last month, so lots of people to group with