Enchanter aura downshit

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't get Mana Reciprocation Aura (Mana Reciprocation Aura :: Spells :: EverQuest :: ZAM) to work properly as a downshit.

At the moment I'm having to rely on the song window for recasting it but that is not a good solution as I can still have the aura going but not have the proc in the song window.

Does anyone know how to make it check if the aura is up in the aura window and if not to cast it?

I've looked/searched through the down/holy shit thread and found multiple ways that are out dated and no longer work.

Me.AuraInfo[0]
Me.AuraInfo[1]

Those access the auras for mmobugs. So you are wanting to use Mana Recup aura. Best way is to make sure you dont already have that type of aura on you and then use it. Id do something like:

/if (!${Me.Song[Mana Re].ID} && !${Me.AuraInfo[0].Extra.Find[IOEncAuraProc]} && !${Me.AuraInfo[1].Extra.Find[IOEncAuraProc]) /casting "Mana Reciprocation Aura" gem1

I do it like that because some enc auras of that are fubar and have different names than the spell they cast than the name of the aura that shows up. That future and past proofs it so that all you have to do is change the part in yellow to whatever enc mana re____ spell you want.

That came up with errors, you missed a } but when I fixed it it went back to just casting over and over like it does for me.

Another issue I'm having is twincast aura is casting twice and using up the 2 aura slots. It does this after zoning I think, I'm guessing the twincast buff in song window takes a second or so to show up after zoning so the downshit buffs it again.

There must be many people with enchanters that have these auras sorted out?

It seems what you would want is just checking the aura, and that's it. If you need to add to it, do it after you get it working.

/if (!${Me.AuraInfo[0].Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]} && !${Me.AuraInfo[1].Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]}) /casting "Mana Reciprocation Aura" gem1

htw

That's correct htw. I will give that a go when I log on soon and report back. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: gem1 isn't required is it? using /casting command means it will find the spell gem it's self?

Last edited:
It just kept spamming it. Got an error in the mq2 window though saying

No such 'spell' member 'Equal'

sorry, I think Aura is like that (string), so Aura[1] etc.

For AuraInfo, it would be like AuraInfo[1].Name.Equal

htw

Like this?

/if (!${Me.AuraInfo[0].[Mana Reciprocation Aura].Equal} && !${Me.AuraInfo[1].[Mana Reciprocation Aura].Equal}) /casting "Mana Reciprocation Aura"

/if (!${Me.AuraInfo[0].Name.Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]} && !${Me.AuraInfo[1].Name.Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]l}) /casting "Mana Reciprocation Aura"

And if using just the member Aura:

/if (!${Me.Aura[0].Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]} && !${Me.Aura[1].Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]}) /casting "Mana Reciprocation Aura"

Code:
${Me.AuraInfo[0].Name.Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]}
try that

None of those worked. They spam No such 'string' member 'Name'

Here is what I have been using for a while and it works well for me.

Code:
/if (!${Me.Aura[1].Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]} && !${Me.Aura[2].Equal[Mana Reciprocation Aura]} && (!${Me.Aura[1].Length} || !${Me.Aura[2].Length}))  /casting "${Spell[Mana Reciprocation Aura].RankName}" gem12 -maxtries|2

That's what I put as the 2nd one. Also, I just checked, and the first one worked fine also for me. WTF.

htw

That's what I put as the 2nd one. Also, I just checked, and the first one worked fine also for me. WTF.

htw

Just tried both of yours again and they aren't working for me. The first one spams the error No such 'string' member 'Name' and Unmatched bracket or invalid character following bracket found in index.

The second one just keeps casting the aura.

Blujahz has worked. Not sure why yours aren't working for me htw but are working for you.

AuraInfo returns as a string.. usually. Sometimes it returns as a spell iirc?

At any rate, .Name is not a part of strings.

!${Me.AuraInfo[0].Find[Mana Reciprocation Aura]} && !${Me.AuraInfo[1].Find[Mana Reciprocation Aura]}

I really appreciate everyones help getting this working. It's running fine now.

Yeah, I have to guess that's it, for aurainfo anyway. For aura, it shouldn't.

Unless (wunaye) you are being too literal - and using 2, when you don't have 2 slots? FWIW, you just use 1 for if you have 1 slot, and 2 if you have 2. Maybe that's why.

htw