emk12110 scam alert

rosco

Reaction score
User "emk12110 " purchased an EQ account of mine a little while back and about 3 weeks after the sale I recieved chargebacks on the payment through paypal. I spoke with this guy on the phone, so I called him to see what was up. No answer. After calling each day, for three days straight I decided to do some investigating.

This user set up a paypal account under a womans name. This woman turned out to be his mother, and after one week of painstaking hit or misses on calling every single person by her name in new york, I finally found her.

So when I confirmed that her son was the one bought the account, I told her the situation. She then told me that her son had stolen her credit card and had made over 6k in purchases on it. She was the one who issued the chargeback. She further told me that this isnt the first time that he has done this. She agreed that she would pay me what he owes me in the event that she cannot get him to give me the account back. Still to this day he will not answer my phone calls. I just wanted everyone to be aware of this, as she says he does these scams often. His name is Eric and he lives in New york and goes by the username emk12110 so if you have any transactions with this guy, please be warned.

Me too

Scammed me, too. I spoke with him on the phone, blah, blah. I was able to retrieve the accounts I sold him (no small task however) but now my paypal balance is hugely negative since I cannot prove delivery of virtual goods (which are not covered anyway). I sent a note to the mods a while back about him, too. He has had almost no activity since he went on his buying spree so I doubt he has scammed many others, but Ann DiStefano is his mother's name to stay away from should he attempt this again.

I actually did not give him the sqas pending the end of the reversal period (which I believe is 45 days), but on one account he got it in the service history (effing Sony) so I had to call and cry. Live and learn.

I hate losers who do this kind of shit.

Spoke with his mother today. She told me that he lives with his father and she has had no luck getting in touch with him as apparently he is ignoring her calls as well. She is trying to reach the father who wasnt available today. She also didnt even know that he had set up a Paypal in her name. She is calling paypal to help expidite the clearing of my account.

The only good news from all this is that his mother is sympathetic and is willing to pay me the money owed in the event paypal cannot get the funds from the bank.

Also I wanted to make everyone aware of another scam this guy runs brought to my attention from some guys over at Egaming. I dont expect many people would fall victim to this, but its happened in the past so I wanted the users here to be aware nonetheless. He will ask you to avoid all the "red tape" and fees that paypal charges for using a credit card by simply marking your payment as a Gift. He will claim that in this way paypal will not take a fee out of the payment. DO NOT do this, as gift's can NOT be disputed, so all he has to do is gank an account back and there is nothing paypal will do.

Alright guys I will keep you posted....

paypal wont take money from the bank so shes going to pay out of pocket

Spoke with his mother today. She told me that he lives with his father and she has had no luck getting in touch with him as apparently he is ignoring her calls as well. She is trying to reach the father who wasnt available today. She also didnt even know that he had set up a Paypal in her name. She is calling paypal to help expidite the clearing of my account.

The only good news from all this is that his mother is sympathetic and is willing to pay me the money owed in the event paypal cannot get the funds from the bank.

Also I wanted to make everyone aware of another scam this guy runs brought to my attention from some guys over at Egaming. I dont expect many people would fall victim to this, but its happened in the past so I wanted the users here to be aware nonetheless. He will ask you to avoid all the "red tape" and fees that paypal charges for using a credit card by simply marking your payment as a Gift. He will claim that in this way paypal will not take a fee out of the payment. DO NOT do this, as gift's can NOT be disputed, so all he has to do is gank an account back and there is nothing paypal will do.

Alright guys I will keep you posted....

Hey any update on this?

I need to get in touch with her as well, I'm out 260 bucks right now because he bought my Shaman account and issued the chargeback and I don't think paypal will do anything about it at this point, I've talked to them and would really like to get this taken care of sometime in the near future.

Well, I'm still out 260 bucks, but I did get my account back, problem I have now is, I quit EQ when I got married, I sold it because we needed the money, now I don't see how I'll be able to recover that money. Guess I can try posting it to sell again, but I paid for the character transfer and everything, so I doubt I'll get that back =/