Emergency game patch, all servers rebooted.

Reaction score
Emergency game patch just happened.
All servers down.. more than a few locked atm.

New eqgame.exe pushed ... MQ2 broken atm.

Reason stated was a server instability issue needed to be resolved.

You can not reconnect to server without updating EQ client.

Last edited:
Emergency game patch just happened. All servers down.. new eqgame.exe pushed ... MQ2 broken atm.

They just pushed a client, it's an optional patch. I'm still playing right now, server hasn't came down since expansion launch.

Can it be bypassed with patchme? I'm not feeling particularly up to this it being Halloween and all but I'll fix it if it's not an optional patch...

Optional patch unless yours is one of the servers that crashed. Then you have to patch before you can log back on.

Can it be bypassed with patchme? I'm not feeling particularly up to this it being Halloween and all but I'll fix it if it's not an optional patch...

I just tried. The servers that crashed require the new client. The servers that didn't crash, do not require the new client.

Ok... I'm on it... Feeling completely discouraged atm cause of the latest nerf... (Merc ac)

Ok... I'm on it... Feeling completely discouraged atm cause of the latest nerf... (Merc ac)

What nerf about Merc AC ?

Also ....

If only people who's servers were locked + patched ... needed to download new client ... that means that new MQ2 will only work with the new eqgame push.. and all mq2 users need to force their eqclient updates.. or am i mistaken?

Last edited:
Well, my server just went down a couple minutes ago.... so it looks like any server that wasn't hit in the initial wave is now going down for the same updates.

I thought the merc ac problem was a dev issue being fixed? not a nerf?

Wtf is the justification for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To see how far they can drive people away from EQ?:mad: Doesn't effect me though, yet another reason not to buy the expansion so quick.

Wtf is the justification for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want to increase avoidance and let player buffs effect mercs more. Like all things EQ its untested and broke.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/merc-nurf.214786/

Once you level to 101 merc AC is nerfed by a huge amount, not just small amount, almost 50%.

Before more people start crying that the sky is falling, read that thread. It's explained that merc avoidance was greatly increased. AC on tank mercs was so high that merc gear, AA's, and spells were not doing hardly anything for the merc. By swapping some innate AC for avoidance, those things will now have a larger impact on mercs.

my server just crashed ( vox )

MQ not working..........even after several patches and 2 reboots

Other servers

Those servers not downed / patched definately coming down if they haven't already.

Can we get a dev to change MQ2 broken banner up.

But I don't think the avoidance work likes that for mercs...

Displayed AC is 2 parts AC and avoidance ac. So the figure we see being halved means they deceased ac ac and didn't add equivalent avoidance ac unless they changed the displayed values for NPCs vs Players.
Now they could have added straight avoidance like combat agility (never actually looked to see if ca effects displayed ac values)

But either way the ac values didn't need to be changed.
Think about it merc tanks only had 6k ac. A caster has more ac than that.
Mercs weren't in anyway overpowered. My group geared Necro (the nerco not his pet), Mage (the actual mage not his pet), and Rogue all tank better than the dang merc tank. Heck the cleric merc tanked better that the merc tank.
They could have left ac alone and added in the avoidance for us as upgrades instead of wtf ever they have planned.

To give them the benefit of the doubt though I have not done any harder content with a merc tank since turning 101+.

The tank merc actually needed to be beefed up compared to the other mercs. Which is why I totally don't understand this change.

I take back what I said it doesn't effect me. It will be effecting everyone soon. Rytan, posted he just hasn't had time to nerf down the mercs level 100 and below yet. So for the time being the change is only for 101-105.

Last edited:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/merc-nurf.214786/

Once you level to 101 merc AC is nerfed by a huge amount, not just small amount, almost 50%.

Before more people start crying that the sky is falling, read that thread. It's explained that merc avoidance was greatly increased. AC on tank mercs was so high that merc gear, AA's, and spells were not doing hardly anything for the merc. By swapping some innate AC for avoidance, those things will now have a larger impact on mercs.

Right, I see what he's trying to do. Trying to increase the the higher levels of DI to effect mercs, since the higher rolls weren't impacting the mercs to much. But, really there was no reason to change anything, its not like tank mercs are overpowered, infact they needed some sorta boost imo.