Darkened Sea Expansion To Be Released October 28th, 2014.

But, there is still "free" in a sense, thanks to Krono. All my new accounts are on Krono now. Fuck SOE, shaft them for putting out shitty content year after year.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. You think you are sticking it to SOE by using Krono? You are actually making them more money. That Krono was purchased using more money than they would get if you had just paid for a straight up subscription.

Lol? I'm not the one buying Krono. Someone else is paying SOE, im not paying them shit at the moment.

Someone else is paying it, yes, but the money going into SOE's pocket is greater by using Krono vs regular subscription. It doesn't matter if you are paying it, or the person you bought the Krono from - SOE is making more money from the 30 days granted by the Krono than if you subscribed for the 30 days under a normal subscription.

The part that I find funny is you think you are "sticking it" to SOE, when you are just generating them more money. Even if it is a small amount.

Last edited:
But he's got a point, for sure. If you can pharm enough plat to buy kronos with it, effectively you're playing "for free", especially if you don't place value on your leisure time. And if you can automate some or all of the pharming work, then it is indeed free play of a gold account.

I do marvel at how cheap kronos can be had for plat or cash, when you consider someone at some point paid full cash price for the krono. UNLESS, of course, "unauthorized" kronos are making it into the market via unscrupulous Sony employees. Yeah, yeah, I know, in theory that should be impossible and every krono is probably tagged with a unique code, and <blah blah blah> and unauthorized "visitors" can't climb the fence at the White House, go thru an unlocked door and use Obama's personal bathroom but would you bet your life against any of these "impossible" events?

The Titanic was unsinkable too LOL

Last edited:
It takes me a while to farm up 1m plat (current going price for Krono). Due to that, I'm only able to keep one account gold. My camp isn't the best in the world, but it's safe and reliable. Don't have to worry about the mobs killing me.

I have a feeling this expansion is going to kill off alot of raiding guilds with the "group progression" in order to see the zones that hold the NPCs, to zone into the raids.