Darkened Sea Expansion To Be Released October 28th, 2014.

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
SoE have announced the release date of the 21st Expansion, The Darkened Sea, for release on October 28th 2014 for All-Access members. That is just over three weeks away. The biggest change is new max level being 105.

082.jpg

You can read more about here.

There is no reason to pre order. It was dumb, and only caused the consumer and SOE headaches.

Pre-order was designed so they had an idea how many box games to have sent to stores. (which they don't do anymore.)

And the big headache was credit card security. People would pre order 6 expansions for their toons. The money wouldn't be charged until release date anyway. The credit card company would see 6x $set.price$ on a online purchase and think mistake/fraud, cancel the purchase, screw SoE out of the money and the consumer out of getting the expansion till its sorted.

Someone remind me...

I'm thinking about coming back, but I don't want to pay for Cotf (I left right after Veil of Alaris came out) AND the new expansion in a few weeks. If I wait and buy the latest expansion I get all previous included, right?

Or am I weird and all expansions are unlocked because of the F2P shit?

I'm going to start paying again because I want to use the raid gear and top end group gear all my guys are slumming it with.

F2p will be up to rain of fear when tds comes out so you would have to buy tbs to get cotf yea

Ahh, okay thanks. I didn't realize when the new expansion comes out the f2p pops up to RoF. That's good info for me.

I may just fuck around and grind in HoT or lower tier VoA until the new expansion goes live, then.

If I'm F2P right now (by virtue of logging in for the first time in three years), when I start paying for gold membership will those soe fuckers take VoA away from me and make me purchase all expansions?

No. VoA is unlocked for all F2P. So even if you were subbed and go back, you will still have VoA, and soon RoF, once TDS goes live.

Cool... I think I'm going to see how far I can grind towards 95 until the new expansion goes live, buy that shit, and then push the rest of the way with heroic adventures and the dailies (oh, and pick up some non-HoT raid gear).

Gonna blow dick when expansion goes live and I suddenly have to grind 15 levels instead of just 10.

plus when you buy an expansion you can play in always then even if f2p

You ain't just whistling Dixie! And paying for subs with Station Cash. I still have several accounts I prepaid all the way into 2016 with Station Cash acquired at four-for-one (Walmart bonus cards during a Triple SC promotion) which means effectively paying less than $2.50 per month for the subs.

Those were the Good Ole Days...

You ain't just whistling Dixie! And paying for subs with Station Cash. I still have several accounts I prepaid all the way into 2016 with Station Cash acquired at four-for-one (Walmart bonus cards during a Triple SC promotion) which means effectively paying less than $2.50 per month for the subs.

lol and thats why we cant pay for acounts or expansions with SC any more. Dam it was good while it lasted, year sub for $40, def worth it, wished I had subbed more than a year lol.

I have most of my accounts running on this still, payed till 2018. But, there is still "free" in a sense, thanks to Krono. All my new accounts are on Krono now. Fuck SOE, shaft them for putting out shitty content year after year. I might not even buy the latest expansion till they offers some discount.

But, there is still "free" in a sense, thanks to Krono. All my new accounts are on Krono now. Fuck SOE, shaft them for putting out shitty content year after year.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. You think you are sticking it to SOE by using Krono? You are actually making them more money. That Krono was purchased using more money than they would get if you had just paid for a straight up subscription.

But, there is still "free" in a sense, thanks to Krono. All my new accounts are on Krono now. Fuck SOE, shaft them for putting out shitty content year after year.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. You think you are sticking it to SOE by using Krono? You are actually making them more money. That Krono was purchased using more money than they would get if you had just paid for a straight up subscription.

Lol? I'm not the one buying Krono. Someone else is paying SOE, im not paying them shit at the moment.